soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

billy, very difficult to find these days. Try www.covers33.com they do some good ones. They offer 100/200/500 boxes in wood & aluminium. Prices from about £25.

I have had one recently with no problems. Free next day delivery too.

Shane

Social source share

for the stylists out there noticed other day that mentioned below

b an q have upgraded their £8.99 plastic tool boxes - which hold about 200 45s - they have replaced the plastic hinges/lock bits with metal fittings but still at same price!

on more trad lines, have pasted a past discussion below, since then been told mr blue max also does highly recommended custom ones

Just some recordcase info

was posted up in old forums but as thought may be usefull cause they are going

posted here

Posted by Marty: Apr 17 2003, 11:20 PM

I've got a great case for my LP's but I'm having a bugger of a time trying to find something to store 100+ 7"s. Does anyone have any suggestions on name brands or web sites with good cases?

Thank you

Marty the Mod

Posted by mike-h: Apr 20 2003, 09:14 AM

Can't help with a url, or brand names. As most 45s cases seem to be done by friend of friends in garden sheds

Maybe following option not for the stylists , but def one for those who think "hang on instead of paying 40 quid, could get some more vinyl for that".

Check out b and q, have toolboxes that can hold about 200 45s with no modifications, available in various shades of plastic, complete with handle, place for locks and handy compartmenta

All somewhere around 8 quid!!

Ok not as streetsmart as these records bags or flight cases and do open up the possibilities of getting mistaken as the washing machine repair man, but do the job and a cheap option for at home storage.

If after bit more style, halfords do metal style ones, similar size for a few quid more

Other option is Mattlan have cosmetic cases which hold 50+ 45s , flight case, leopard skin and more design, complete with combination lock and also a mirror!

These do the job fairly well and give hours of entertainment to some when notice its true origns!

As the "washing machine mechanic" look may not be everyones fav, anyone post up any contacts??

Posted by mike-h: Apr 20 2003, 09:44 AM

asked elsewhere for you had reply

Some people will disagree with me on this, but I find the following are good

quality cases:

TRAXS

BODENA WORKSHOPS

HORSEPOOL STREET

BRIXHAM

DEVON

01803 855746

Give him a ring and he'll put his sales list in the post.

or added later

Add on to previous message, his web site is now working at

https://www.traxsmanufacturers.co.uk/frames.htm

hope helps

anymore

Posted by Unregistered: Apr 20 2003, 11:10 AM

I think most DJ shops would be able to get you a 7" flight case. I've got two - one holds about 600 and the other about 150.

The 150 case came from a shop in Brighton, name escapes me, they seem to make them to order. It's a great case, handy size and very strong.

Posted by mike-h: Apr 20 2003, 01:23 PM

This fella's not bad. He's based in Luton

Steve B Cases & Acoustics

Tel: 01582 495197.

Cheers

Dave

Posted by Unregistered: Apr 20 2003, 01:42 PM

I got mine from here.Hope it helps

Covers 33,

Commercial Mills,

Oldham Road,

Ripponden,

Halifax.

HX1 1JR.

UK. Tel/Fax: +44 (0)1422 822679/823989

https://www.covers33.co.uk/djcases.htm

Posted: Apr 20 2003, 05:54 PM

Send them to my site we do covers as well

Pete

Why not visit my site www.cdkm.co.uk

Posted by mod_62: Apr 22 2003, 08:43 PM

Wow, thank you all so much for your replies. I guess you're mostly from the UK. I'm going to look into these places you've suggested but I live in British Columbia, Canada so the exchange with the pound is horrible. If anyone knows of any North American locations, that'd be great.

Thank you again,

Marty the Mod

Social source share

Guest Arcticsoulboy

Marty the Mod>> On eBay there´s a guy selling professional looking cases that holds 200 45´s for just 89 bucks. Just search for the seller: "thecasestore". They ship only to the US, but might be persuaded to give Canada a go perhaps? Good hunting!

Social source share

Try www.covers33.com they do some good ones. They offer 100/200/500 boxes in wood & aluminium. Prices from about £25.

I have had one recently with no problems. Free next day delivery too.

Shane

I bought an aluminium one about six months ago and although it seems a bit flippsy with owt in it, it's turned out to be a well worth the purchase.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!