The Orwell All Dayer This Sunday

Just a little reminder of the All Dayer at The Orwell THIS Sunday.

Anyone from the list going?

Bank Holiday Sunday 28th August - the next ALL DAYER at The Orwell, Wigan Pier, Wigan. The last one was an absolute MONSTER!

Here's a flava of what you can expect on the day

'GET INTO YOUR LIFE'

4PM - 6PM PADDY & The Orwellians

Regular connosieur, Paddy & the boys will be treating everyone to some Quality Soul Music to start the day off in style.

'HEAVEN IN THE AFTERNOON'

6PM - 9PM GLYN THORNHILL, NIKI GOLDING, JOHN & ALISON NIGHTINGALE

4 quality DJ's giving us some real 'Heaven in the afternoon'

'THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR LOVE'

9PM - 10PM STEVE CONNOR & FLANNY

10PM - 11PM BUTCH

11PM - 12 MIDNIGHT BOB COSBY

12 MIDNIGHT - 1AM SOUL SAM

1AM - 2AM STEVE PLUMB & BARRY MALEADY

The Main Event kicks off at 9pm with Steve Connor & Flanny who will set the tone for the evening. The legend that is BUTCH will make his welcome return after his triumphant set at the May All dayer at The Orwell. Ex-Orwellian & Yarmouth main man Bob Cosby will be followed by the incomparable SOUL SAM. Finally Steve Plumb & Barry Maleady will ensure that everyone will go home happy!

10 hours of Supreme Soul Music - Modern, Crossover & Tent Music with a smattering of Northern and a dash of nu soul

4pm-2am Bar until 2am

£8 on door

Top Record Dealers always present

Full carvery served between 4pm-6pm - Bookings are being taken for the carvery on 01942 323034 Directions - Head for Wigan Town centre and follow the Brown 'Tourist' signs for Wigan Pier.

LOCAL HOSTELRIES ALL WITHIN A TEN MINUTE TAXI RIDE BAY HORSE ASHTON TEL. 01942 725032 PRIORY WOOD WIGAN 01942 211516 BELLINGHAM HOTEL 01942 243893 FORTE TRAVEL LODGE 01942 272055 QUALITY HOTEL 01942 826888 WHEATLEA PARK TRAVEL INN 01942 493469 MOAT HOUSE STANDISH 01257 499988

Email stevep@itlnet.com for more information

Many Thanks From The Orwell Team - See you there!

• Replies 58
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bank Holiday Sunday 28th August - the next ALL DAYER at The Orwell, Wigan Pier, Wigan. The last one was an absolute MONSTER!

link

People

Just to let you know that THIS Sunday at The Orwell all dayer, we'll be dropping the most incredible record most will hear this year!

Rob Grant sent me a cd-r of this a month ago and i've been bursting to play it at The Orwell..........................

Listening to the record you will seriously not beleive it was made this year! It sounds like 70's Philly Soul at it's very best. Fabulously catchy song, raspingly soulful vocals sounding not unlike a cetain Mr Pendergrass, real drums, swirling Salsoul strings, vibes et al................................I kid ye not THIS IS A MONSTER.

My guess is that the 'Orwell type' venues will go bananas for it, Y2K Modern Soul venues will lap it up and the Northern scene may even take it to it's heart - it's that good!

So what's it called then?

'That's what love does'

Produced and arranged by Vince Montana Jr with vocals from William 'Smoke' Howard (ex of The Ebony's)

Coming out on 12" in September but will be played out THIS Sunday at The Orwell.

Have a quick listen here https://robgrantrecords.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Sounds/vince.rm

My advice is to drop Rob an email on robgrant@blueyonder.co.uk to secure your vinyl copy the day it comes out!

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Are you playing it off CDR at the Orwell?  A tad hypocritical?  :D   :( Mind you, get an 'acetate' cut and that will make it OK.  :(

link

A forthcoming 2005 release on CD-R at The Orwell - no problem :(

I'll get me 8 quid vinyl copy of Robbie in September, then all will be above board :(

Take care

Steve

Great tune Steve - both mixes are available on traxsource- I've been playing it all weekend - yes I think the northern fans will embrace it as well.

See you Sunday - save me some roast potatoes

link

Nice one Andy - see you Sunday!

Whilst it's playing, let's make sure the girls don't go anywhere near that dancing fiend Mr Clarke :(

Cheers

Steve

Whilst it's playing, let's make sure the girls don't go anywhere near that dancing fiend Mr Clarke  :(

Cheers

Steve

link

Paul the Pole ? The man once descirbed as "if he could dance he'd be dangerous" ? He's been practising his cool moves....I foresee an ironic dance comp coming on :( William Hill now taking bets on the first female to be tripped up in the name of Norris Vines :D:(:(

Paul the Pole ? The man once descirbed as "if he could dance he'd be dangerous" ? He's been practising his cool moves....I foresee an ironic dance comp coming on  :) William Hill now taking bets on the first female to be tripped up in the name of Norris Vines  :)   :yes:   :yes:

link

Alison,

Can't remember if it was Fleetwood or Southport weekender when Paul once went into one of his ''moves'' on the dancefloor.

As he was about to go flying, he reached out for the first thing he could grab which just happened to be a fella by the side of dancefloor sittin in his wheelchair.....Paul pulled him right out his chair across the floor and ended up with the disabled guy on top of him....chair upside down next to them......wheels spinnin round......the works......the poor guy just laughed it off and got helped back to his chair.

Classic.

Rob.

Alison,

Can't remember if it was Fleetwood or Southport weekender when Paul once went into one of his ''moves'' on the dancefloor.

As he was about to go flying, he reached out for the first thing he could grab which just happened to be a fella by the side of dancefloor sittin in his wheelchair.....Paul pulled him right out his chair across the floor and ended up with the disabled guy on top of him....chair upside down next to them......wheels spinnin round......the works......the poor guy just laughed it off and got helped back to his chair.

Classic.

Rob.

link

BRILLIANT :)

I wish i'd have seen this!

Steve

Whilst it's playing, let's make sure the girls don't go anywhere near that dancing fiend Mr Clarke  :D

Cheers

Steve

link

Julia can't decide on her outfit for Sunday - it's a toss up between her inflatable sumo suit or that cheeky little medieval armour number. Have a S.W.A.T. team on standby in case of any physical contact from Mr Clarke. :thumbsup::D

I would love to be there Steve but can't do it as our David is having his wedding bash on the same night. So much soul and not enough hours to fit it all in. Have a good 'un!!

Jordi

Alison,

Classic.

Rob.

link

LOL I have heard that story :thumbsup: Just had a text from him saying that he can't wait to boogie oogie woogie til he just can't boogie no more. Another national treasure that man :D

Guest Johnny One Trout

Alison,

Classic.

Rob.

link

Did he dance himself dizzy Rob?? Always a sucker for a bit of disco our Paulus :thumbsup:

J O'Trout

Alison,

Classic.

Rob.

link

:thumbsup::D:D:D Priceless

Guest dodger

Good evening Mr Williams - niuce to see you posting on here again.  :D

Will you be at the R-Well?

link

Just seen this, wasn't ignoring you Steve! :D No mate, the rare soul thingy's not really my bag these days mate, I prefer my choonage fresh. Good to see it doing well for the lads now though - reading the reports in previous years you'd be led to think it's been massive for years. At least nowadays with the norman influx it apparently actually is!! :shades::D:D:D

Just seen this, wasn't ignoring you Steve!  :D   No mate, the rare soul thingy's not really my bag these days mate, I prefer my choonage fresh.  Good to see it doing well for the lads now though - reading the reports in previous years you'd be led to think it's been massive for years.  At least nowadays with the norman influx it apparently actually is!!  :D   :D   :D   :D

link

You're a wicked f**ker Roger :D

But i still love you :shades:

The other Steve :P

The Orwell - The overnight 6 year success :D

Fab day as always Steve - we really enjoyed it....it's my favourite place to spin records because the 'congregation' are so appreciative. Hallelujah :shades:

I sloped off back to the hotel just before midnight as I was really suffering from a dreadful cold and the concoctions of port & brandy, mixed with Day Nurse was finally taking it's toll :D

Can't post a playlist yet as John has taken the key to the record box to work with him, the dingbat.

Guest in town Mikey

Can't post a playlist yet as John has taken the key to the record box to work with him,.

link

Is he trying to tell you something Ali?

:shades:

Fab day as always Steve - we really enjoyed it....it's my favourite place to spin records because the 'congregation' are so appreciative. Hallelujah  :D

I sloped off back to the hotel just before midnight as I was really suffering from a dreadful cold and the concoctions of port & brandy, mixed with Day Nurse was finally taking it's toll  :D

Can't post a playlist yet as John has taken the key to the record box to work with him, the dingbat.

link

That's funny Ali..........we all just thought you were dreadfully p***ed :shades:

Gonna post a review of the day later but a full playlist from youse touse would be great.

Fabulous day, still getting over it. Great to see ole Dave Greet too!

Dropped Dave & John off at yer hotel at about 3am - Dave was about to raid the contents of whatever food was still available at the garage across the road!

See you soon

Cheers

Steve

Fab day as always Steve - we really enjoyed it....it's my favourite place to spin records because the 'congregation' are so appreciative. Hallelujah  :D

I sloped off back to the hotel just before midnight as I was really suffering from a dreadful cold and the concoctions of port & brandy, mixed with Day Nurse was finally taking it's toll  :D

link

Yes an excellent day indeed, with little or no repeated "tuneage" which was a pleasant surprise these days and testament to the quality of the "disc jockey" lineup. Well supported by the "southern" crowd too. :D:shades:

That's funny Ali..........we all just thought you were dreadfully p***ed  :shades:

Gonna post a review of the day later but a full playlist from youse touse would be great.

Fabulous day, still getting over it. Great to see ole Dave Greet too!

Dropped Dave & John off at yer hotel at about 3am - Dave was about to raid the contents of whatever food was still available at the garage across the road!

See you soon

Cheers

Steve

link

Well I was actually necking multiple pints of iced water until I'd finished behind the decks, but by then I did need the occasional port/brandy for medicinal purposes you understand :D

I was so out for the count that John couldn't get back into the hotel room and they had to summon the receptionist with her special key :D

Dave was well chuffed with the tunes he picked up...I must say there were some extremely impressive platters for sale.

Yes an excellent day indeed, with little or no repeated "tuneage" which was a pleasant surprise these days and testament to the quality of the "disc jockey" lineup. Well supported by the "southern" crowd too.  :D   :shades:

link

Stevie

Great to see you on Sunday - glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the kind words.

I must admit that the draft of me review (for posting later) notes that only two records were played twice all day from 4pm to 2am!

For the record and for the curious they were Eddie Kendricks - Date with the rain & Sy Hightower - I know you're leaving me.

Take care

Steve

Well I was actually necking multiple pints of iced water until I'd finished behind the decks, but by then I did need the occasional port/brandy for medicinal purposes you understand  :D

I was so out for the count that John couldn't get back into the hotel room and they had to summon the receptionist with her special key  :D

Dave was well chuffed with the tunes he picked up...I must say there were some extremely impressive platters for sale.

link

well................behind the decks were two full pints of water (untouched) and curiously three or four empty wine glasses which smelt of brandy.

You're not fooling anyone Mrs Nightingale :shades:

What a way to go though :D

Cheers (hic)

Steve

The Orwell All Dayer - Sunday 28th August 2005

What a day!

With the amount of do's on this Bank Holiday Sunday we expected it to be quieter than last time but even though it took a bit longer to fill up it was still a packer!

Local collector, Paddy kicked things off with a great opening hour including killer tracks from Billy Kent, Love Peace & Happiness (Strip me naked), Revelation etc. Flanny & Plumby then played some tasty 45's whilst people were bedding in for the day in the shape of Len Jewell (Mr Wood), Essex IV (c/u), Jesse Gomez etc. The early evening session began with Glyn Thornhill, Niki Golding & John/Alison Nightingale all doing an early set followed by a second set from each of them which saw the dance floor start to rapidly fill up and stay full for the rest of the day. Glyn played tracks like Four Tracks (Charade), Skip Jackson etc, whilst a heavily pregnant Niki played some killer crossover tunes in the shape of Gene Townsel, Gene Redding etc...John & Ali played a host of big hitters including The Three Souls, Norris Vines, Nightchill etc. All superb stuff as the stage was set for the return of Butch in the main event........

Timeline was 9pm and Flanny opened up with some monster tunes including Eris Lomax (c/u), Four Tracks (Like my love for you) etc. The two Steve's, Plumb & Connor took over and finally the Vince Montana/William 'Smoke' Howard track was unveiled to a packed dance floor who really appreciated the tune and gave it their seal of approval! Chuck Jackson's 'Take off your make up' made way for Butch who turned in an impeccable set of (mainly) 70's rarities. Joseph Webster, Raw Soul Express, Ellipses, Ronnie McNeir (Tortoise Int), Tiarra etc proving that rarity and quality do indeed exist and then some!

Bob Cosby followed Butch and was as good as ever! Starting with the current monster from David Ruffin (Rode by the place) and playing some seriously soulful quality tunes that rocked the place to the rafters! Chuck Cockerham, Pioneers, Ad Libs all sounded great! Soul Sam not phazed by the quality he had just witnessed went on and played a blinder - Sy Hightower, Jerry Washington, Robert Tanner, Richard Caiton etc all hit the decks and kept the floor packed to capacity, finishing his excellent set with Corey Glover which sounded so good after so long in the wilderness!

It was then left to Mssr's Plumb & Connor to see the night out in style. An hour of Modern & Northern classics had the dance floor still rammed at 2am. Beloyd, Ujima, Alex Brown, Kenny Hamber, James Fountain, Chubby & the Turnpikes etc and as the final chords of Donny Hathaway's 'Love love love' faded the night came to an end.

10 hours of QUALITY (mainly late 60's & 70's) Soul music and only two records played twice! Can't be baaaaaad (as Sam would say!). There were still loads and loads of tunes which weren't lucky to get an airing but that's for another time at another Orwell All dayer!

Thanks to everyone who attended and here's to the next set of Orwell All Dayers in 2006!

For the record, here's the page copied from the days' program that had varous playlists from some of the DJ's-

PLAYLISTS - The Orwell All Dayer 28th August 2005

Steve Plumb

William 'Smoke' Howard - That's what love does - Philly Sound 12"

Hoagy Lands - Do you know what life is all about- Spectrum 45

Chuck Jackson - Take off your make up - ABC 45

Al Williams - Try them - Unreleased LaBeat

Four Tops - Clip my wings - Motown CD

Essex IV - You got it - Cover Up J

Steve Connor

Second Resurrection - You Done Let Daylight Catch You - Stanson

The Emotions - I Love You But I'll Leave You - Twin Stacks

Gerald Sims - You'll Never Be Sorry - Warner Brothers

Annette Poindexter - Wayward Dream - Twinight

Notations - A New Day - Twinight

Brian 'Flanny' Flanders

RALPH SOUL JACKSON---SET ME FREE---BLACK KAT

SAMMY LEE---WHAT GOES AROUND---PROMCO

BENNY HARPER---MY PRAYER---HARPERSOUL

ERIC LOMAX---GIRL YOU'RE SO SWEET---C/UP

JESSIE GOMEZ---LACE---MANKIND

SPOOKEY---MAGIC---DECCA

John & Alison Nightingale

For Real Inc - The Man (Masterplan) - Flying Eagles

Nightchill - Hop Skip and a Jump - Tra-sand

Spartans - I don't need another lover - Era

The Mist - Life Walked out - Twinight

Wee - Try me - Owl

Glyn Thornhill

HANDS OF TIME - I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU (7" INNER CITY)

ADAM WADE - KEEPIN UP WITH THE JONESES (LP EPIC)

SKIP JACKSON - I'M ONTO YOU GIRL (7" DOT MAR)

FUNK INC - LET'S MAKE PEACE (LP PRESTIGE)

FOUR TRACKS - CHARADE (7" NOTE)

Guest Adam G

Point of order Mr. Plumb.

One tune got one & a half spins - think it was Jimmy Ruffin  - around about the time Mr Clarke gave us his whirling dervish impression & nearly trashed the decks - he's a right caution ! :huh:   :)

link

I think that was Mr Clarks second stumble stumble of the evening .The first was during Butchs set and he fell against the Decks knocking the record playing.. its ok though it was only that Elipse thing .... :thumbsup: .

Set 1

Battened Ships - Odyssey - Mowest

The Mist - Life Walked Out - Twinight

La Familia Inc - Do you love me - BSR

Harvey Averne Dozen - Central Park - Uptite

TSU Tornadoes - Please heart don't break - Rampart Street

Almeta Lattimore - These Memories - Mainstream

Three Prophets - I think I really love you - Together

Art Gentry - This is my Chance - Kent promo LP

Kareem - Never give up on love - Exploding Plastic

Sy Hightower - I know you're leaving me - Carmen

Set 2

Mark IV - Signs of a dying love - OTB

Florence Miller - The groove that I'm in - P&P

Four Real Inc - The Man (Masterplan) - Flying Eagles

Machine - My baby loves me - Jarrett

Benny Harper - My prayer - Harper Soul

Norris Vines & the Luvlines - Give In - Smile

Wee - Try Me - Owl

Rhythm Machine - Put a smile on time - Lulu

Nightchill - Hop Skip and a jump - Tra-sand

Frankie Zhivago Young - Somebody stole my love - Ultra

Guest Johnny One Trout

I think that was Mr Clarks second stumble stumble of the evening .The first was during Butchs set and he fell against the Decks knocking the record playing.. its ok though it was only that Elipse thing .... :thumbsup: .

link

Point of order number two!!

Paul knocked the Jimmy Ruffin first during Nikki's spot and then not content with that stumbled into the table whilst Butch was playing Mellow Madness "Save the yout" Mega which is only a cheap old bit of tat :)

Must say i didn't hear Sy Hightower twice though did Sam spin it after us :huh:

Guest Adam G

Paul knocked the Jimmy Ruffin first during Nikki's spot and then not content with that stumbled into the table whilst Butch was playing Mellow Madness "Save the yout" Mega which is only a cheap old bit of tat :)

Must say i didn't hear Sy Hightower twice though did Sam spin it after us  :thumbsup:

link

Bloody eckers that must be three stumbles then he knocked one of Cozzers off as well though by that time a big bouncy feller was a draggin him away :huh:

Paul knocked the Jimmy Ruffin first during Nikki's spot and then not content with that stumbled into the table whilst Butch was playing Mellow Madness "Save the yout" Mega which is only a cheap old bit of tat :thumbsup:

link

Point of order number three!!

Actually Mr One Trout, I believe it was you who turned off the power to the decks while I was spinning the new Jimmy Ruffin tune :huh: Clarkey bashed the hell out of the decks while Mr Cosby was spinning David Ruffin "Rode By The Place"!!! It was curse of the Ruffins evening.... I half expected the decks to explode when Steve played DR's "Walk Away From Love" towards the end. :) Sobriety does wonders for the memory donchaknow....

Steve, thanks to you and all the Orwell crew for a truly great day and night of SOUL. Still at the top of my list of the BEST soul events in the country.

Niki

xx

Set 1

Gene Redding - We've Got More Than It Takes - Haven 74

Sheryl Swope - One Moment - Duo

The Hesitations - Is This The Way To Treat A Girl - GWP

Masters of Soul - Do You Really Love Me - Ovide

The Mellow Fellows - My Baby Needs Me - DOT

Gene Townsel - I'm Walking Away - Dobre 78

Towana & The Total Destruction - Wear Your Natural Baby - Romark

Billy Kent - Take It All This Time - Expo

Loleatta Holloway - I Can't Help Myself - Aware 75

Set 2

Chuck Jackson - Talk A Little Less - ABC 73

The Dynamics - Shes For Real - Black Gold 74

Jive Fyve - If I Had A Chance To Love You - Decca

Grover Mitchell - What Hurts - Vanguard 76

Sly, Slick Wicked - Ready For You - People 73

Jimmy Ruffin - We Finally Found out - Soul Junction 2005

Mac Davis - I'm Just In Love - Columbia 76

The Differences - Five Minutes - Mon'ca 71

J.P. Robinson - Our Day Is Here - Blue Candle 74

Guest Johnny One Trout

Actually Mr One Trout, I believe it was you who turned off the power to the decks while I was spinning the new Jimmy Ruffin tune  :) Clarkey bashed the hell out of the decks while Mr Cosby was spinning David Ruffin "Rode By The Place"!!! It was curse of the Ruffins evening.... I half expected the decks to explode when Steve played DR's "Walk Away From Love" towards the end.  :D Sobriety does wonders for the memory donchaknow.... 

Steve, thanks to you and all the Orwell crew for a truly great day and night of SOUL. Still at the top of my list of the BEST soul events in the country.

Niki

xx

link

:D:thumbsup: Ah now you mention it i do seem to remember trying to plug in a lamp and accidently switching the test button on the trip switch :huh: hands up that was me (Sorry Paulus and of course Nikki wink.gif ) and if i am brutally honest i too have a hazy memory of Debbie making me dance when i knew it was a bad idea and then making me do a spinny thing that ended up with me on my back but no other civilian casualties :D (there i've said it, it's off my chest) all during the two Steve's spot.

Truth be told i think i had caught Ali's cold by then and it obviously affected my balance momentarily :D

Jonathon O'Trout

BTW thanks for the lift Steve

and great spot Nikki as usual chickster :D Glynn also played a blinder i particularly liked the John Hendrix track he played off an album "I'll bet thought i'd never find you" superb :D

Set 1

Gene Redding - We've Got More Than It Takes - Haven 74

Sheryl Swope - One Moment - Duo

The Hesitations - Is This The Way To Treat A Girl - GWP

Masters of Soul - Do You Really Love Me - Ovide

The Mellow Fellows - My Baby Needs Me - DOT

Gene Townsel - I'm Walking Away - Dobre 78

Towana & The Total Destruction - Wear Your Natural Baby - Romark

Billy Kent - Take It All This Time - Expo

Loleatta Holloway - I Can't Help Myself - Aware 75

Set 2

Chuck Jackson - Talk A Little Less - ABC 73

The Dynamics - Shes For Real - Black Gold 74

Jive Fyve - If I Had A Chance To Love You - Decca

Grover Mitchell - What Hurts - Vanguard 76

Sly, Slick  Wicked - Ready For You - People 73

Jimmy Ruffin - We Finally Found out - Soul Junction 2005

Mac Davis - I'm Just In Love - Columbia 76

The Differences - Five Minutes - Mon'ca 71

J.P. Robinson - Our Day Is Here - Blue Candle 74

link

Top selection Niki :thumbsup:

I was at the Orwell on Sunday and one track in particular caught my attention. Due to the time I think it was played by Bob cosby. It was a female vocalist and the chorus went along the lines of 'accept it'. I know this is a long shot but can anyone tell me what it was? Thanks in advance . Solido

I was at the Orwell on Sunday and one track in particular caught my attention. Due to the time I think it was played by Bob cosby. It was a female vocalist and the chorus went along the lines of 'accept it'. I know this is a long shot but can anyone tell me what it was? Thanks in advance . Solido

link

Hi Solido

Not sure what the female tune is that Bob played..........anymore clues?

Cheers

Steve Plumb

ps Sorry, not had too much time this week - i will respond to all the above postings tomorrow...........especially to Mr Onetrout who's spinning antics (amongst others) were a joy to behold. I'm not sure it's Clarkey we should be worried about :thumbsup:

Guest Johnny One Trout

link

Mmmmmmmm not ringing any bells here Solido stand out from Bob's set for me was Cania - Visions but personally thought that Butch stole the show with his musical bombardment of excellence as usual. Why he doesn't do more of this kind of set in the UK is beyond me.

John

BTW Plumby NO Zip it whistling.gif:D

Set 1

Battened Ships - Odyssey - Mowest

The Mist - Life Walked Out - Twinight

La Familia Inc - Do you love me - BSR

Harvey Averne Dozen - Central Park - Uptite

TSU Tornadoes - Please heart don't break - Rampart Street

Almeta Lattimore - These Memories - Mainstream

Three Prophets - I think I really love you - Together

Art Gentry - This is my Chance - Kent promo LP

Kareem - Never give up on love - Exploding Plastic

Sy Hightower - I know you're leaving me - Carmen

Set 2

Mark IV - Signs of a dying love - OTB

Florence Miller - The groove that I'm in - P&P

Four Real Inc - The Man (Masterplan) - Flying Eagles

Machine - My baby loves me - Jarrett

Benny Harper - My prayer - Harper Soul

Norris Vines & the Luvlines - Give In - Smile

Wee - Try Me - Owl

Rhythm Machine - Put a smile on time - Lulu

Nightchill - Hop Skip and a jump - Tra-sand

Frankie Zhivago Young - Somebody stole my love - Ultra

link

Truly wonderful stuff!

I remember the Three Souls floating all over The Orwell - sounded fantastic!

Art Gentry caused a stir 'round the record bar too! IMMENSE tune which all who have should add to their playbox immediately :thumbsup:

I have done already :sleep3:

Cheers

Steve

Actually Mr One Trout, I believe it was you who turned off the power to the decks while I was spinning the new Jimmy Ruffin tune  :thumbsup: Clarkey bashed the hell out of the decks while Mr Cosby was spinning David Ruffin "Rode By The Place"!!! It was curse of the Ruffins evening.... I half expected the decks to explode when Steve played DR's "Walk Away From Love" towards the end.  :sleep3: Sobriety does wonders for the memory donchaknow.... 

Niki

xx

link

Yep - defintely a tale of two Ruffins!

Johnners has tried to blame it all on poor old Paul but thankfully we had a sober Niki keeping tabs on everything!

Thanks for keeping us at the top of yer list Niki :D

Cheers

Steve

Source Advert