Ponds Forge, Sheffield City Centre

• Replies 6
  • Views 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

think a few muckers dropped in on way to cleethorpes last month said good things, let us know how it goes

just deleted and reposted - as replied using a test account (used to test that ok from normal view)

May explain why numbers were about normal... were a few "new faces" in thinking about it.... we expected a "quieter" nite.... knew there was a few of the regulars that were going to Cleethorpes in until between 12am and 1am....

I could let you know how it goesn Mike.... BUT that would appear biased.... perhaps if anyone on here attends then that would be from a better perspective....

Soulfully....

I could let you know how it goesn Mike.... BUT that would appear biased.... perhaps if anyone on here attends then that would be from a better perspective....

:)

ahhh interesting point this Mark

as thought about this in past, as when involved with a event , as in is it "right thing" to write about it

and perhaps that is why many on here don't pass on reviews/views/thoughts of nites that are often mentioned prior

As involved with a few things myself thought throw up way I look at it

end of day way I look at it myself was based on points below

1. Half the time if don't write ought, no one else does ... :)

2. If am involved and mention my involvement if its a factor, then anyone reading it is aware of involvement and so can take that into account and read it from the viewpoint it was written

3. As many events by their nature are promoted all over the place, after subjecting soul fans to flyers, online and out and about, the latest news, etc etc feel only right that should let people know how it went

4. Often hear rumours , whispers, views etc on events including ones am involved with, that apart from making me laugh out loud as half time are clueless (other time wonder about motivation), can give false impressions, therefore passing on views of someone involved can at least give a valid viewpoint

5. If do pass on what could be considered a completely false view - then soon be sussed and as such cause more damage than good.

6. After effort time and passion put into events, its enjoyable and also good record to look back at in future, to bash out a few words.

7. myself from a punter view always find a "promoters" view of how event went interesting.

So based on above, more often than not try and pass on "my view" on any events attend no matter what own involvement,

know others feel different (otherwise be buried by reviews on here), and as said its just me own view

know a lot on here could be said to be involved with events etc, be interesting to hear your views

1. Half the time if don't write ought, no one else does ...  :)

2. If am involved and mention my involvement if its a factor,  then anyone reading it is aware of involvement and so can take that into account and read it from the viewpoint  it was written

3. As many events by their nature are promoted all over the place, after subjecting soul fans to flyers, online  and out and about, the latest news, etc etc feel only right that should let people know how it went

4. Often hear rumours , whispers,  views etc on events including ones am involved with, that apart from making me laugh out loud as half time are clueless (other time wonder about motivation), can give false impressions, therefore passing on views  of someone involved can at least give a valid viewpoint

5. If do pass on what could be considered a completely false view - then soon be sussed and as such cause more damage than good.

6. After effort time and passion put into events, its enjoyable and also  good record to look back at in future, to bash out a few words.

7. myself from a punter view always find a "promoters" view of how event went interesting.

So based on above, more often than not  try and pass on "my view" on any events attend no matter what own involvement,

know others feel different (otherwise be buried by reviews on here), and as said its just me own view

know a lot on here could be said to be involved with events etc, be interesting to hear your views

Very good points made here Mike.... not really looked at it like that.... have just never thought about writing about something I'm involved with.... hmmmm....

Perhaps I may "review" the nite from my perspective.... leaving out all the headache stuff of what I usually have to do between arriving at 7 and leaving about 3.... not much of a journalist though and bound to miss things....

I've seen a couple of really positive write ups in the mags.... I heard Sean Chapman did us an excellent review after his visit as guest DJ a few months ago.... still waiting to read that one.... and I've seen Steve Handbury give us a big shout in one of his columns....

Like you say.... hearing whispers always makes me laugh.... "gud nite BUT.... cud have had more of this, less of that, should have played this, etc,etc".... the words "all the people all the time" comes to mind.... ah well....

Can't recall reading any reviews by promoters of a venue I was a punter at.... but I can see where the "interesting" comes in.... promoter "gud nite" punter "was I at same nite".... in same way I can see promoter "an OK sort of nite" punter "f***** brill"....

Talking myself into doing one as I type....

had a funny one on a list a while ago where a promoter did a review of their night and added.... full respect goes out to the promoters for doing such a great job, must say it had some of us in stitches :-) In general an overview of the night from the promoter is great, and in most cases the most honest one too!

had a funny one on a list a while ago where a promoter did a review of their night and added.... full respect goes out to the promoters for doing such a great job, must say it had some of us in stitches :-)  In general an overview of the night from the promoter is great, and in most cases the most honest one too!

I'll bear the "honest one" in mind Janine and give it a go.... omitting the "respect" bit LOL ;-)

Source Advert