100 Club last Sat. FAO Ady

Help !

Ady can you put titles and artists to the following two tracks you played in your first spot last Saturday, the first track was, I believe, the third track you played in your set, female r'n'b thing, this was followed by a track called "The Dip" (?), I don't recall ever hearing either of them before.

You probably did anounce them but the sound system was a bit iffy and it made you sound as if you had a ping pong ball in your mouth.

Cheers

NickG

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You probably did anounce them but the sound system was a bit iffy and it made you sound as if you had a ping pong ball in your mouth.

That wasn't the sound system ;-)

Social source share

Yes, the sound was a bit strange to say the least!

Andy Fisher "Heart's Beating Stronger" sounded like an inst. for about half the song, then his voice came swooshing in....Marvellos' "Something Burning" had an entirely different break which sounded like the orchestra fell through the roof!!

Social source share

The Dip?? Whispers on Dore perchance ;o))

Just seen that ona sales list, I actually own a record by the Whispers too, but can't admit it in public coz its a 70's tune ;-)))

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

The Dip?? Whispers on Dore perchance ;o))

Just seen that ona sales list, I actually own a record by the Whispers too, but can't admit it in public coz its a 70's tune ;-)))

How sad the Whispers are a fantastic group whichever decade they recorded in IMVFHO but then i guess you just wouldn't get it ;o))

BTW Whitby was great this year absolootly rammed upstairs and not too bad in the demond modden room apparently Butch and Mick H are on in the Northern room next year as well so it may well be even better still ;o))

John

Social source share

Nice speculating kids but it was 'The Temptation Walk' by the Pretenders who were actually the Larks. It's on the "Soul Of Money" Kent CD so you've probably got it Nick, in much better quality than what you heard on Sat. Manship has it for a grand in his book which seems a bit steep.

Was the girl thing 'You Lied' by Marva Josie on Time. Carl Willingham plays it and the flip 'Later For You Baby'.

Actually the ping pong ball wasn't in my mouth.

Ady

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Actually the ping pong ball wasn't in my mouth.

Ady

That really doesn't bear thinking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking of Mr Willingham's plays he seems to be about the only person i have ever heard play the Sophisticates - I really hope you do out what a Fucking fantastic record that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't suppose anyone out there has one they are willing to let me have nice and cheap like ;o)))))))))))))))))

John

(Ping pong balls i just can't get the image out of my head!!!! ;o((((( )

Social source share

That really doesn't bear thinking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking of Mr Willingham's plays he seems to be about the only person i have ever heard play the Sophisticates - I really hope you do out what a Fucking fantastic record that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't suppose anyone out there has one they are willing to let me have nice and cheap like ;o)))))))))))))))))

John

(Ping pong balls i just can't get the image out of my head!!!! ;o((((( )

My God Ady, surely you weren't firing them were you ?????

Dave G

Social source share

Yes, the sound was a bit strange to say the least!

Andy Fisher "Heart's Beating Stronger" sounded like an inst. for about half the song, then his voice came swooshing in....Marvellos' "Something Burning" had an entirely different break which sounded like the orchestra fell through the roof!!

I think the Andy Fisher is a studio acetate, Keith Money played it didn't he?

Social source share

Nice speculating kids but it was 'The Temptation Walk' by the Pretenders who were actually the Larks. It's on the "Soul Of Money" Kent CD so you've probably got it Nick, in much better quality than what you heard on Sat. Manship has it for a grand in his book which seems a bit steep.

Was the girl thing 'You Lied' by Marva Josie on Time. Carl Willingham plays it and the flip 'Later For You Baby'.

Thanks Ady, have just listened to the Larks/Pretenders, excellent tune, your certainly correct about the sound quality : :) )

Marva Josie, yep, that's it, I had heard you play it before, I do have 'Later For You Baby' on an old tape, very nice, just wish the guy that gave me the tape had put 'You Lied' on instead !

Cheers

NickG

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!