"That" Instrumental

How rare is the original Bang release of 'New World' by The Burning Emotions (see scan)? The backing track of 'What Shall I Do', Moonlight Music And You' and so many more. Can I have a rough idea of value if pos. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT FOR SALE (well, not yet anyway!)

Ta,

Billy

post-1-1089234145_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest StoneSoul45

How rare is the original Bang release of 'New World' by The Burning Emotions (see scan)? The backing track of 'What Shall I Do', Moonlight Music And You' and so many more. Can I have a rough idea of value if pos. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT FOR SALE (well, not yet anyway!)

Ta,

Billy

Oh neat! I had no idea that exsisted. I'm crazy for 'what shall I do'. Aparently there is a version on calla with a spoken intro. Never heard it though. -B

Social source share

the record is listed for ten pounds in price guide

i think there is a version with long intro on soulgirls site or soulclub.org

can anyone help provide a list of all the tracks that feature that backing as i was told there was around 10 different ones

i know laura green , 2 versions of frankie / classicals was told one was by mark johnson called this beautiful place on diamond

Social source share

Ta,

Billy

DAVID

CAN THINK OF THESE :-

ANOTHER VOCAL TO MOONLIGHT,MUSIC & YOU ON BANG BY THE ESSEX, AN INSTR. BY HONEY TOWNSEND - CANT REMEMBER THE TITLE BUT I THINK IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE 'STOP THE WORLD' OR SIMILAR, ANOTHER INSTR. BY SUBWAY RIDERS 'AFTER THE SESSION' (BE CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE AS I BOUGHT ONE FROM U.S. & ALTHOUGH IT STATED 'AFTER THE SESSION' ON THE LABEL IT WAS INFACT A DIFFERENT (CRAP) TUNE INSTEAD!! APPARENTLY QUITE A FEW WERE PRESSED LIKE THIS. )

Social source share

The burning emotions is also the animal noise version but with the slow intro like Laura Green and the other version of Frankie & the Classicals. The spoken intro version of Frankie & the Classicals came out on the Kent CD Soul Spectrum. The Marke Johnson version does not have the slow intro. Unfortunately somewhere I have the Frankie and the classicals boot on Diamond credited to Marke Johnson "This Beautiful Place" (voc) backed with the animal noise instrumental. One of selectadisc/Soussans i believe

Social source share

How much is the Honey Townsend worth? I was oblivious to it's release until a few months back when I saw on played (can't remember where). I think it was a gold label, but this maybe a snare...

I echo Dave, can someone please post a full list of releases using this backing track, it'd be much appreciated. ;-)

...Oh yes! Nearly forgot -

Mr. Stonesoul45, what record is used for your avatar?

Social source share

Guest StoneSoul45

Yeah, it's sure hard to make out.

It's Speed Up - Betty Morrer on Wand. Perfect record! Can't mess with Bill Shepperd! Uncredited backups by her brothers the Esquires.

post-1-1089329230_thumb.jpg

Social source share

How much is the Honey Townsend worth? I was oblivious to it's release until a few months back when I saw on played (can't remember where). I think it was a gold label, but this maybe a snare...

I echo Dave, can someone please post a full list of releases using this backing track, it'd be much appreciated.  ;-)

billy - there are tow copies for sale on GEMM, one U.S (doesnt give label but is $102, and one on UK MALA DJ $66, if that helps mate. Always found a lot of stuff on GEMM a bit pricey though.

Grant

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!