Gorgeous Looking Labels

Just a bit of fun here really, but what labels (asthetically) would you like in a frame hanging in your own living room, seeing as i have posted this lame topic my choices would be :MOONSHOT (god i love the look of that blessed label, every time i see it in a box i'm drawn to buy the fine and dandy thing) MOTHERS RECORDS & THE SNARF COMPANY (almost looks as though Terry Gilliam designed this one, quirky and brilliant) and finally DE-VEL (wonderful explosion of fire apple red stars on a lincoln green backrop......wonderful....)

quick last one..LOMA ( simple bold and really nails me everytime, must print this on a t-shirt)

Yours Brett ( off work with my wife and new born daughter...seem to have too much time on my hands.....( i know thats not going to last :) )

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest in town Mikey

I like simple labels.

Loma would probably cover the jam stain on my wall, or possibly a white demo Motown with a big red A

Social source share

The Rustone label from New Orleans (Willie West & The Jades) is a beautiful looking thing.

The multicoloured issue copy of Troy Dodds "Try My Love" on El Camino is also very striking. Driving from San Francisco International airport to downtown you can see the hills as pictured on the label from the motorway and go "Blimey! just like Troy Dodds!"

Uplook records (Delegates of Soul, Charles Mintz) always look great.

Anyone see that Primes on Lota Soul that sold on ebay recently? Mental. BTW, this went for a relatively small sum of money, about £230, I think. It's rare and brilliant, and puts into perspective the daft prices paid on ebay for pretty common records like Darrow Fletcher's "What Have I Got Now".

Social source share

Guest Kolla

I think the Bang Record label that Billy put up the morning was fantastic. Never seen it before. And mikey, do ya like Loma for the sleeky bauhaus curves or something else, eh? Personally, wouldn't know where to start on favourite labels but SHOUT is as good a place as any.

For novelty value I like this one:- :) )

(though i've no idea what the command "start outside" means ;/ )

Social source share

Guest micksmith

KOLLA NOW I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE SHOUT LABEL-ISSUE'S ONLY.

PHILLIP MITCHELL-FREE FOR ALL LOOKS GREAT.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Very nice James what are the bottom two i can't make them out with my old tired eyes

John

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Very nice James what are the bottom two i can't make them out with my old tired eyes

John

The Bottom one is Heem and the Music Monsters "Wake Up People". It's very funky modern soul/disco. Very rare.

Believe it or not I can't remember what the Captain Funk track is. It's a deep mid tempo late 70's crossover thing. Really nice. It's got a funky disco flip. And I've just remembered I still owe Keb some money for it. :-O

I went to look on the past playlists from deepfunk.org where i spun it once (I've got a reputation for being a scatter brain), but I've just realised that I have deleted half the playlists by mistake. I am gutted. Does anybody have a copy of them by any chance?:-S

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

what about this then, no its not mine.. yet!!!!!!!!

LOL Not exactly the prettiest label though eh Leo ;o))))

Fantastic record though, albeit a tad pricey :o((

John

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

LOL Not exactly the prettiest label though eh Leo ;o))))

Fantastic record though, albeit a tad pricey :o((

John

yeah i know Johnny :-( nicked it off ebay.. at some point this must get to my 7" box...

best

Leo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!