Mikki Farrow 45

Can any of you guys help me - I'm sure you can

Mikki Farrow-Set my heart at ease / Could it be-Karate524

Was this ever booted ?

I have an issue (blue) and the figure on the right hand side as a face, been told that some do not have this on ?

So my delema is - is it real or not

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes and a very good counterfeit too.

Here's what JM says....

One of the best counterfeits.  This one is hard to tell the difference.  labels are very similiar but the vinyl and the dead wax gives this imposter away.  The original is high quality vinyl with a sharp edge, run out groove has two different matrix stamps one looks like a "bed" (see Righteors Brothers Band) the other very tiny one says cud (or something similiar) in italics.

Hope this helps!!

Social source share

Thanks

Looks like mine is a counterfeit

No stamp marks.......never mind, still a bloody good record

Do you know how much these are fetching and what about Sister James on British A&M yellow demo ?

Social source share

Guest micksmith

SISTER JAMES UK DEMO-£35/£40.

I'VE GOT TO DISAGREE WITH TONY ON THE MIKKI-£300/£400.

SORRY MATE OR SHOULD I SAY SON?????????

Social source share

SISTER JAMES UK DEMO-£35/£40.

I'VE GOT TO DISAGREE WITH TONY ON THE MIKKI-£300/£400.

SORRY MATE OR SHOULD I SAY SON?????????

Sorry but I've got to agree with Tony, last one I saw was the price Tony quoted ;-)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

She was the lover of Woody Allen -- De-lites - Lover

She is the mother of Twins -- Soul Twins - Quick change artist

She married Frank Sinatra when she was very young --Younghearts - A little togetherness

She has appeared on numerous magazine covers - Carl Spencer -- Cover Girl

Her real name is Maria de Lourdes Villiers Farrow - So Mia Farrow is a cover up, with a bit of a hint at the real name of the person??

Am I getting close?

Social source share

Guest micksmith

CAN'T AGREE £600 FOR WHAT USED TO BE A DETROIT COMMON RECORD. THERE I GO LIVIN' IN THE PAST AGAIN-SOUNDS LIKE A VELLA REGAN TRACK?????????

Social source share

CAN'T AGREE £600 FOR WHAT USED TO BE A DETROIT COMMON RECORD. THERE I GO LIVIN' IN THE PAST AGAIN-SOUNDS LIKE A VELLA REGAN TRACK?????????

What does? Rosemary what happened?

No but seriously when you mean sounds like Vala Reegan do you mean the set my mind at ease side because in my opinion its Could it be is by far the stronger side.

Social source share

I agree with you there Mick, silly money but it has sold for that.

How many records do we talk about and say silly money when a price is quoted? Most of them ;-)

Social source share

Sorry got my buttons mixed up then.

Yes correct Rosemarys baby.,

I didn't know there was a classic Northern record called Rosemary's Baby ;-)

Social source share

I didn't know there was a classic Northern record called Rosemary's Baby ;-)

I think I've got it, Rosemarys Baby-Rosemary Clooney-mother of George Clooney-George Carrow, Angel Baby-Stevie Wonder Record from Detroit-Popcorn Wylie recorded in Detroit.........No, i've lost the link now. Where were we?

Signed

Confused

Social source share

Turn my back to put a few things on ebay and come back to find my reputation in tatters for asking a stupid question.

No more stupid questions from me again.

By the way wasnt Rosemary Clooney Shaking Stevens mother , I know theres a connection there somewhere.

Social source share

Carrying on with the Rosemarys Baby tack, I remember when Popcorn Wylie "Rosemary What Happened" was just starting to get plays at Wigan, Pete Lawson sold a couple of the soundtrack LPs of Rosemarys Baby for about a fiver each telling the ususpecting punters it was on there.

Social source share

6 degrees of separation goes wild!

Agree with you Mick, I got mine for 80 after a long, long while, lots of boots posing as real 'uns, you just can't find it anymore, I know Brownie has sold it for 600+ as has Shifty, anyone got a demo? just imagine one on Giant, Wow!

Social source share

Carrying on with the Rosemarys Baby tack, I remember when Popcorn Wylie "Rosemary What Happened" was just starting to get plays at Wigan,  Pete Lawson sold a couple of the soundtrack LPs of Rosemarys Baby for about a fiver each telling the ususpecting punters it was on there.

Oh dear how naughty LOL

Social source share

6 degrees of separation goes wild!

Agree with you Mick, I got mine for 80 after a long, long while, lots of boots posing as real 'uns, you just can't find it anymore, I know Brownie has sold it for 600+ as has Shifty, anyone got a demo? just imagine one on Giant, Wow!

Regarding W/D of Mikki F , I got one for £5 back in the 70,s from

Global Records in Manchester .. I sold it on to Geoff Boardman I think..

I also have a W/D of Mikki F at the moment but im sure it a boot

mind you I aint seen another W/D of the boot ???????????????

REGARDS IAN C

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!