Baby don´t you weep-Fred Bridges ??

Does anyone have any information about this great R&B tune (not same as Edward hamilton) it´s on Versatile lable(New York).

Would like to know recording year and price

If you want to hear it mail me...

Cheers

Munken

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Luther Ingram one is unissued and I grovelled for an acetate as payment for DJing the 100 club, but Ady gave me a boot instead. He booted my ass right up the stairs of the club. This is the best for sure, recognisable by its gravelly choral breaks. And easily by fave r'n'b tinged soul record.

The Wilson Pickett for ages I thought never came out on 45, but Gav Needham proved me wrong. I've got the LP. It's good. But it's not right. I'd be interested in hearing a third.

Social source share

yeah ...thumbs up

dont know much about the background, first heard mention of that one from one of the german boys

right in saying wilson p's avail on a french or german? ep - and heard also a normal portugese 45 ??

cheers munken

Social source share

do you know Mark Forrest, he was the one I first heard mention of it from, and it features on his play lists, he may have more info

on written by, can't find the wilson p to check if same, but think its same as checked recently, though reckon its origins is a old gospel song

"oh mary dont you weep"

Social source share

on written by, can't find the wilson p to check if same

The Fred Bridges, Wilson Pickett and Luther Ingram tracks are all the same tune.

Written by Fred Bridges and Harrison Smith.

Here is the BMI info:

https://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWri...uerytype=WorkID

The Versatile label was active from 1960 to 1962.

Does anyone know what cat# the Fred Bridges 45 has got?

Wilson Pickett's version was recorded 1962 or 1963.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!