Ain't life a Bitch

Has anyone had the experience of arranging babysitters, a lift to a venue where you have been asked to Dj.

When you get there the house is full with soulies dancing away

You do your spot and at the end of the night the Promotor cannot be bothered to pay for your time

Do the top named DJs have this trouble----I think not

So is life a Bitch or what

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Kev, Been there mate several times over the years and got the t - shirt, but i don't stand for it now mate it's simply taking the piss of your good nature and your time, you should have maybe asked the guy for some financial kick back, but it's hard to do that as we all think a full night means some payment, as far as top DJ's being treated in this way i really can't comment or speak for others but when someone asks me to play their gig i have a simply check list to follow, which is where, when and my fee is........ we don't move or work in the dark ages and if someone has faith in us to play records and money is taken on the door then the DJ's should be payed. Some of us spend far more money on records than kick back from DJ'ing but as a token gesture a decent fee goes someway towards buying new tunes.

All this keep the faith bollocks and we do it because we love it simply does not wash with me i'm sorry, if a promoter desides to have a go at running a venue then they should go into it with a financial stake in his or her back pocket if things go wrong then all expences should be paid, when i ran Soul nights and Allnighters even if i had an average night or a wash out i always made a point of paying the DJ's even if it was less than agreed.

Veunes are run yes because we love the music etc. but there is also an eliment of possible financial gain when they are successful so when it's good share the rewards and when it's not still pay your bills.

Chin up Kev it won't happen again.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Kev, are you 100% sure it wasnt an oversight or the promoter thinking someone else had paid you (if they had more than one promoter) if this sint the case then name and shame :-)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Janine there is an Edit button where you can go back and correct any spelling mistakes etc rather than make additional pointless toggle bashing posts ;o))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Daddy One Trout

Social source share

Evil Queen more like ;o)))

BTW I meant you not me LOL

JoT

No one I'm sure could ever think of you as Queen like, you being so straight acting and manly an all ;-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!