Investment Collecting

We have all seen & heard about the record sales lists from years ago & gasped in horror & astonishment at the £2 record that is now worth a fortune, but ask youself this:

An investor from the city has £500 or there abouts to make a long/medium term investment, he has asked your opinion as a 'Rare Soul expert' which five Rare Soul Discs (Northern, Modern, Nu-Soul) that are now comparitively inexpensive & not massively difficult to obtain, he should purchase with a view to making a large profit in years to come.

My advise would be:

100 Club/Kent anniversary singles.

TSU Tornadoes - Please Heart Dont Break - Rampart

Royal Esquires - Aint Gonna Run - Prix (Buy it whilst its cheap..its gonna go up again)

The Dreamteam - As above

Good solid soul records that you love & always promised yourself you would buy, but you need that big expensive piece this month & after all its been cheap for years & you'll get round to buying it soon.

Soulful new releases on tiny indie labels, that only 300-500 copies were pressed for DJ's, 'dont really like that new stuff much & it'll never catch on'.

What would be your five buys or pieces of advise ?????????????

Russ

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Aggree with all of above except maybe Royal Esquires: it's great record but they keep coming and coming and don't seem to be drying up at all. Same advice could be given about Fred Hymes but again, they keep coming and coming...

I'd say these 2:

Stan Martin - Big mouthed woman - Shatta - quite expensive at moment despite recent (i think) discovery. Seen them between £300 and £400 but I think it'll be a thousand quidder in no time.

Ethics - I want my baby back - Vent - maybe, dunno. Probably not rare enough to ever command much but thinks can only go up. Same goes for above.

Anna Raye - Will you love my child (forgot label) - shite IMHO but recently seen on Mick H's playlist so price will rise fairly quickly I should think.

Sandy Brockington (can't remember title or label, but it's green :thumbsup: maybe someone can refresh my memory??) - get em for nowt ($10 and less) on ebay but it's not on lists every other day like a lot that command £££'s. Similar to Romona Collins I think, though not heard for a while..

Four Hi's - Hertbreak river - Verve - fkin brilliant, will go same way as Chantels methinks yes.gif

that's my 5, probably an odd selection but hey who cares beer.gif

over n out

Billy

Social source share

We have all seen & heard about the record sales lists from years ago & gasped in horror & astonishment at the £2 record that is now worth a fortune, but ask youself this:

An investor from the city has £500 or there abouts to make a long/medium term  investment, he has asked your opinion as a 'Rare Soul expert' which five Rare Soul Discs (Northern, Modern, Nu-Soul) that are now comparitively inexpensive & not massively difficult to obtain, he should purchase with a view to making a large profit in years to come.

My advise would be:

100 Club/Kent anniversary singles.

Royal Esquires - Aint Gonna Run - Prix (Buy it whilst its cheap..its gonna go up again)

The Dreamteam - As above

Good solid soul records that you love & always promised yourself you would buy, but you need that big expensive piece this month & after all its been cheap for years & you'll get round to buying it soon.

Soulful new releases on tiny indie labels, that only 300-500 copies were pressed for DJ's, 'dont really like that new stuff much & it'll never catch on'.

What would be your five buys or pieces of advise ?????????????

Russ

link

Hello Russ ,hard to predict which one's , but I think some of the new house 12's will become indemand when the Northern scene get's round to playing them in a few years time .What do you think ? One Northern oldie which is still cheap and sounds great now is Tommy Rodgers " Pass the word " , I reckon this could go big if spun by the right DJ's .Best Wishes ,Eddie .

Social source share

Russ

link

Won one of these at the 100club once,sellin`it was hard work,think i took £90 in

the end,then it was reportedly going for £120+ dont believe the hype genorated

through posts like this!!!..........chuffin`brill record though.

blush.gif

Social source share

Won one of these at the 100club once,sellin`it was hard work,think i took £90 in

the end,then it was reportedly going for £120+ dont believe the hype genorated

through posts like this!!!..........chuffin`brill record though.

thumbsup.gif

link

sold one for a ton fifty not to long ago on andy's list, not long after the list went out it went.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!