Hoagy Lands-laurie

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

what differences are there between the original and second issue???

beer.gif     smile.gif !!

link

According to Manships guide the reissue has a stick on label and is made of styrene, the original is of a more flexible vinyl with a moulded over multi coloured label, hope this helps,

Lenny

Social source share

what differences are there between the original and second issue???

:yes:     blush.gif !!

link

Manship sold an original demo recently and it fetched 150+ i think after him doing his usual sales bull. I have a demo with paper label and its on styrene as manships was it has stamped in the runout grooves"U4KM-0901--1B" also has delta 65707 and an mr stamp

Social source share

Manship sold an original demo recently and it fetched 150+ i think after him doing his usual sales bull. I have a demo with paper label and its on styrene as manships was it has stamped in the runout grooves"U4KM-0901--1B" also has delta 65707 and an mr stamp

link

Sounds like a boot Ted... blush.gif

I just sold a W/C paper label demo (with a triangle in the deadwax) for just over $75 - nice condition.

Social source share

link

Ted I think that must be very very rare, a styrene demo - I've had a few demos but they are always vinyl. Having said that, I wouldn't ask more than £50 for it.

Social source share

Sounds like a boot Ted... blush.gif

I just sold a W/C paper label demo (with a triangle in the deadwax) for just over $75 - nice condition.

link

It can't be a boot with a delta number beginning with 65...dates it to 1967...if it were a boot it would begin with 90 something or 100 something.

Social source share

It can't be a boot with a delta number beginning with 65...dates it to 1967...if it were a boot it would begin with 90 something or 100 something.

link

Right Pete the uk demo is green and white so that would date it the same. there's a delta list in Shades of soul can rember the issue number

Social source share

Think there is a West coast issue & East cost issue, East coast demos have the brown

pattern running down the side saying advance copy (viynl) & the west Coast looks just like normal laurie issue with small demo lettering on the right handside.

Ian

Social source share

link

You're right on the '67 release date Pete, and the fact that original UK issue was on the Stateside 20xx series plus the U4km on US copies confirms that, but not all reissues/boots conform...where the original masters were used, or wher the bootleggers could confuse the issue even more, the original delta number was sometimes used. Buster and Eddie comes to mind...

One thing though, why do the Hoagy Lands boots (or are they second presses?) have W4KM, which would date them to '68 (don't think V was actually used). That would date them to two or three years before it became popular, surely no-one was thinking that far ahead?

Hippo.

Social source share

Stamped in at the pressing plant. is the B side diffferent in any way mine has "please dont talk about me when im gone" with U4KM-1006-1 in the run out

How big should the title letters be then.

link

looks like you're safe, yours is a proper job! Boots have the same flip as the original, BTW.

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!