June Conquest

Hi all, Ive only posted once on here before, I usually just lurk but I have a question..... I just got a copy of June Conquest- Whats this I see (curtom) its a black label with silver writing and a large centre. Ive been told its an english pressing, which I find a bit odd. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

She has a great voice.

I only have the Laura Green c/u Almost Persuaded, and, as with Laura Green, take away the nasty intro and you have a really nice song, and a beautiful voice.

Social source share

Hi all, Ive only posted once on here before, I usually just lurk but I have a question..... I just got a copy of June Conquest- Whats this I see (curtom) its a black label with silver writing and a large centre. Ive been told its an english pressing, which I find a bit odd. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Wasn't aware that it was booted!!!??

"Almost Persuaded" the better record, great mid-tempo, cheap too.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

So this is a boot?

I think Janine thought you had a UK one, and was saying she didn't think it had been 'booted'. Which I don't think it has, UK or otherwise.

wacko.gif

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

I sold a copy of this recently and it was on a yellow CURTOM label but the artist was 'June & Donnie'. Same record just another one of those mysteries that I am sure someone can clean up.

Shane

Social source share

I think Janine thought you had a UK one, and was saying she didn't think it had been 'booted'. Which I don't think it has, UK or otherwise.

wacko.gif

Sorry should have made it clearer. I was saying that as far as I know it hasn't been booted/pressed and you have a real one (a US copy too not a UK one) ;-)

Social source share

Guest Kolla

Same record just another one of those mysteries that I am sure someone can clean up.

Shane, the "Donnie" is Donny Hathaway (Mayfield Singers). He recorded three or four duets with June Conquest, before eventually finding financial success with Roberta Flack.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

YOU'VE GOT AN ORIGINAL-NEVER BOOTED I DON'T THINK. CONTEMPO IN HANWAY STREET LONDON HAD THEM IN THE EARLY 7ts. PRICE £10/£15. THEY WERE 75P THEN.

Social source share

getting in a bit late on this subject but I picked up my Black and Silver one in downtown (really far and frighteningly downtown) Orlando for a dollar about four years ago. Can't see them having a british issue or a boot for that matter. It's real and it's US.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!