Worst Emidiscs

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

only ever owned two.

1. yvonne vernee b/w 'the gems' (a.k.a. burning bush)

wrested off john vincent st.ives all-dayer 79

2. 4 track jobbie feat. billy arnell/larry clinton/betty fikes/twans

courtesy of derek in kettering 1978

do they fit?

macca

Social source share

My first was Stagemasters/Rita Dacosta from Pep, (with the Catacombs office stamp on the labels) then Earl Wright/Cool jerk (instr) - the Earl Wright, although a little hissy, had more balls than the later Capitol reissue. Then a real memory of St. Ives - Lorraine Silver/Taj Mahal/Chris Cerf/Jay D. Martin, and finally a cracking quality Professionals single-sider which I always regretted selling!

Hippo.

Social source share

st.ives. very fond of that place. a bit 'soul-less' but mid 77 it certainly gave wigan a run for it's money. remember all those coaches? superb dance floor too. you mention taj mahal. I loved this so much I bought a cracked columbia demo of it!!

I was really impressed with john vincent one night at peterborough when he bloody-mindedly played the 'natchl blues' album version, with that extended freak guitar solo. some of the dancers wondered what the f*** was going on! standing there, hands on hips, looking bewildered. very daring of him...

macca

Social source share

st.ives. very fond of that place.  a bit 'soul-less' but mid 77 it certainly gave wigan a run for it's money. remember all those coaches?  superb dance floor too. you mention taj mahal. I loved this so much I bought a cracked columbia demo of it!!

I was really impressed with john vincent one night at peterborough when he bloody-mindedly played the 'natchl blues' album version, with that extended freak guitar solo. some of the dancers wondered what the f*** was going on!  standing there, hands on hips, looking bewildered. very daring of him...

macca

link

Ooops :thumbsup:

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

st.ives. very fond of that place.  a bit 'soul-less' but mid 77 it certainly gave wigan a run for it's money. remember all those coaches?  superb dance floor too. you mention taj mahal. I loved this so much I bought a cracked columbia demo of it!!

I was really impressed with john vincent one night at peterborough when he bloody-mindedly played the 'natchl blues' album version, with that extended freak guitar solo. some of the dancers wondered what the f*** was going on!  standing there, hands on hips, looking bewildered. very daring of him...

macca

link

You mention JV in virtually every post macca, are you another soul source stalker ? :thumbsup:

Johns on here now and again, as BIGBOY.

Social source share

he was definitely my fave dj back then. when I think of JV, I think of willie mitchell, the del-larks, donald austin, eddie hill, the lovells, & probably, I don't know why, but it's a gut feeling, the matt lucas track too. I bought something off him on swan, that he had covered as milton wright 'downtown', an instrumental. I can't remember the artist now. audrey something? yeah. top bloke JV.

macca

(resident soul-source stalker)

Social source share

thank you good sir. it didn't stay in my possession for very long. I'd lost the bugger within half an hour, due to my being 'worse for wear' & too trusting of a group of individuals camped at the other end of our table. don't see on lists these days either...

macca

Social source share

he was definitely my fave dj back then. when I think of JV, I think of willie mitchell, the del-larks, donald austin, eddie hill, the lovells, & probably, I don't know why, but it's a gut feeling, the matt lucas track too. I bought something off him on swan, that he had covered as milton wright 'downtown', an instrumental. I can't remember the artist now. audrey something?  yeah. top bloke JV.

macca

(resident soul-source stalker)

link

Totally agree about John.

He DID have MAtt Lucas, and certainly played at at Samanthas.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!