eddie lovette soul tunes

hello everybody,

recently bought a promo copy steady 022 eddie lovette "that kind of love"/"i heard it through the grapevine", first song being credited to lovette, second tune a nice version... both tunes really great soul stuff, "that kind of love" has great horn lines...

until then i only knew the lovette reggae-tunes. does anyone know whether he recorded more soul-style records, and does anyone share my opinion on this record?

thx a lot,

groove

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Kolla

Eddie did do some soul ballads on his albums - written by him. He released several records on Steady, but with the except of yours, they were all very much JA.

He did release a couple of albums targeted at his american audience in the late 70s. The albums were all covers of standards inc. Misty Blue, You've Lost That Lovin Feeling, and Sexual Healing. Not to my taste though.

Groove - you might be interested in this topic on Coxsone from a couple of months ago.

Social source share

Eddie Lovette did a number of 45s on steady and UK London you might enjoy Too experienced available on both labels. I have an unissued album by him on UK London HAJ 8413 from 1970 (also released at the same time on London LGJZGB 103) also called Too experienced which also contains a few things you might enjoy if you can get your hands on one.

Craig.

Social source share

hello again,

thx for the replies and info, i´ve made a shabby mp3 of the "that kind of love"-track, take a listen to it. cheers,

groove

"error: you cannot upload this file"

can anybody help me with this? i´m sorry, maybe it´s not allowed to post mp3s? made a mp3 with itunes on a mac.

thx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!