Margaret Little - Love will find a way

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

Sam's exclusive has come up on eBay. Despite having a slight crack and some surface noise it's running at $5,920 with just 3 hours to go.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

If the seller didn't know what he was selling (starting price $6.99) then he must think he's won the lottery now!

It wouldn't surprise me if a few more don't come out of the woodwork in the coming weeks!

Brian

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

Odd thing just happened - it has been showing $5,920 for a little while, but having just rechecked latest price it now shows $1,578. The highest bidder who was offering $5,920 looks to have withdrawn the bid and it has reverted to the previous highest bid!

Brian

Social source share

The seller knows what he's selling. He's sold some quality stuff in the past including last night a Moments on Hog for $5,500 :-)

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I'm amazed by these bidding wars.If I see something on ebay,I watch it.Then put a snipe on it.Why go hammer and tongs outbidding each other with 2 days to go???

Couldn't agree more! Just watch the prices spiral as they try to outdo each other in a panic! They probably could get it for a lot less if they just wait.

Snipers beware tho' I seem to have fallen pray to an Anti-snipe programme that blocks bids from snipers. (see link from Kolla in "Look in your box" in the item I posted "wanted-Rotations") Seems some sellers dont like those of us who patiently watch items, then bid in the last seconds,they prefer a feeding frenzy!

Social source share

Regarding Margaret littles & the Moments (both previously mentioned) the successfull bidder on both items wasThermtite(9). These two items together cost............................................................................

£6151.36, thats not bad for two days spending on e-bay. Does anybody know who this person is. Perhaps Ian Levine is making another come back!

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Snipers beware tho' I seem to have fallen pray to an Anti-snipe programme that blocks bids from snipers. (see link from Kolla in "Look in your box" in the item I posted "wanted-Rotations") Seems some sellers dont like those of us who patiently watch items, then bid in the last seconds,they prefer a feeding frenzy!

I've got to call you out on this. How can a seller stop a sniped bid? If I chose to put a bid in at the last second, it's up to me. headbonk.gif

Social source share

This seller ain't no amateur for sure, having had loads of £1000+ rare soul items for sale over the last years. Margaret Little, Moments and Cody Black in one week speaks for itself I think. There are plenty of pro record dealers in the US who knows what they are doing, some are even members of this and other forums, it's good to know as much as possible about your customers see!

Social source share

I've got to call you out on this. How can a seller stop a sniped bid? If I chose to put a bid in at the last second, it's up to me

would have thought that any seller wouldn't really care where or when or how a bid comes in

more likely that the bid blocker be designed for bidders as in to prevent any high bids topping his

if you know what i mean :)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

would have thought that any seller wouldn't really care where or when or how a bid comes in

more likely that the bid blocker be designed for bidders as in to prevent any high bids topping his

if you know what i mean :)

There was a point made earlier about how sniping can keep the price of records down which is not neccessarily in the interests of the dealer so it may be that certain sellers on ebay disallow snipes to allow a healthy bidding war to start up.

I have seen a few that actually state that sniped bids will be ignored ;o))

John

Social source share

Guest Trevski

If you look at : https://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y03/m12/i10/s01

you will see the blurb for the anti-snipe programme that is on sale. It cannot prevent manual snipes, as mentioned by J.Trouble, quite correctly, but if you use a snipe programme, i.e one that will snipe for you in the lasts seconds, at 4am, while your fast asleep, then it will block you! This one is completly legal, but there is a 'murky' one floating around that bidders can use to block others from bidding.

Social source share

It cannot prevent manual snipes, as mentioned by J.Trouble, quite correctly, but if you use a snipe programme, i.e one that will snipe for you in the lasts seconds, at 4am, while your fast asleep, then it will block you!

That's just bizarre. What if I put the alarm clock at 3:56, got up and placed a bid myself when there was only 5 seconds left. That's what we all had to do before the sniping sites got going.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

That's just bizarre. What if I put the alarm clock at 3:56, got up and placed a bid myself when there was only 5 seconds left. That's what we all had to do before the sniping sites got going.

True, and so did I, but now i'm just a lazy sod!!!!!

P.S. regrding the Margaret Little, which ws the original subject, I have noticed this seller many times, and he has some nice stuff, trouble is, they are always knackered! Perhaps that's why he goes under 'Record Graveyard'!

Social source share

This seller ain't no amateur for sure, having had loads of £1000+ rare soul items for sale over the last years. Margaret Little, Moments and Cody Black in one week speaks for itself I think. There are plenty of pro record dealers in the US who knows what they are doing, some are even members of this and other forums, it's good to know as much as possible about your customers see!

Fully agree, just because he didn't put a reserve on doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's selling. Records like the Moments with just a few copies and the now two known copies of Margaret Little are going to sell for big money.

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Regarding Margaret littles & the Moments (both previously mentioned) the successfull bidder on both items wasThermtite(9).  These two items together cost............................................................................

£6151.36, thats not bad for two days spending on e-bay.  Does anybody know who this person is.  Perhaps Ian Levine is making another come back!

With Kenny Burrell at Broughton last night - he was number one suspect, but he confirms 'och nae me guv'.

He suggested that the two records in question may shortly be in a box belonging to a certain MH.

We'll soon know as the only other copy of Margaret Little is owned by Sam. Who'll be the first to hear it played by someone other than Sam - let us know here on Soul Source!

Brian

Social source share

interesting as that be yet another 2 to the list to hassle mick h for, cant keep up with him

talking bout this last nite, as have mental notes of what djs have what 45s so can look forward to them, or maybe hassle them, say for example Carl Willingham on, always after Teardrops, John Weston - Woman like it harder, Carl F -that F F back to detroit instrumental, Keith M - my proposal ....and so on

As related, can push out that the next monkey sees the return of Mick H, think its the third time possibely 4th, first time was when he voluntered to do a 9-10 pm spot and set the standard so high, the following djs were inspired to push out similar kicking sets and gave what some considered best night of rare soul that they have heard

Social source share

As related, can  push out that the next monkey sees the return of Mick H, think its the third time possibely 4th, first time was when he voluntered to  do a 9-10 pm spot and set the standard so high, the following djs were inspired to push out similar kicking sets and gave what some considered best night of rare soul that they have heard

F****** great night that one, Andy D was the main guest and it was the first time we'd been. That good I even wrote a review ;-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!