Torquay weekenders

Will wait and see if I get paid for it ok first and then if they agree with my grading but i am usually spot on. Ill probably use some of it for the deposit on next years Torquay weekender and pay my gas bill.

What weekender is that?

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

wow! the venue really is something eh! I will be back in the UK for cleggy and will be over for a month or so, so who knows, depending on dates might be able to make this one too :-)

Thanks for the info Craig

Guest Johnny One Trout

Well i'm confused!!!! They say a Modern RnB room do they mean R Kelly and TuPac with a bit of 50 Cents or do they mean Mod and RnB room which would make sense or weirdly do they mean Modern/RnB room which would confuse the f*** out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo are you on here can you explain???????????

JoT

Guest Kolla

MOD notice:

Sorry Karen - when I split topic I missed out your post at the end - here it is folks-

KAREN C's POST SAID :-

(Janine @ Jul 16 2004, 12:19 AM)

wow! the venue really is something eh! I will be back in the UK for cleggy and will be over for a month or so, so who knows, depending on dates might be able to make this one too :-)

Thanks for the info Craig

A couple of people I know went this year and said it was a fantastic weekender, it certainly looks nice from that website.

Guest Chris Waterman

JOT

I went this year and had a wonderful time, the best accomadation and food I have ever had at a weekender and the pool is massive.

The only thing that I thought did not work was putting Modern and 60ts R&B in the same room but they have told me threre will be a 3rd room next year and we have booked up already

Cheers

Chris

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi John

Jo only helped with spreading the word for the last one the three lads run Jct11 with Gary Belcher

Chris

Guest Johnny One Trout

Ahh that explains it;o)) I did think it was a little ambitious for Jo

Just a thought though in this last year there have been a huge rise in the number of weekenders on the soul scene, now we love weekenders but they do end up being pretty bloody expensive are there too many weekenders or not enough what do you lot think??

John

Here's a little list off the top of my head of which we will have done 7 no wonder i look so old!!!!!

Blackpool Hilton

Prestatyn

Yarmouth Soul essence

Cleethorpes

Scarborough

Whitby

Fleetwood

Southport x 2 (?)

Birmingham Hilton

Torquay

Soul Village

Yarmouth Motown thingy

Blackpool (in the Neighbourhood)

This years LA Trip (next one 2006 in NYC)

Ooops i forgot

Rhyl

Llanddudno

and i heard a whisper about Weston Super Mare but not sure whether that is going on or not (Cookie are you there???)

Then if you start adding Rimini and Gothenberg soon every single weekend will be filled with Soul weekenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Johnny One Trout
Guest Chris Waterman

John

I think there is always room for another good one but take your point there will come a time when overkill! will be the buzz word

Chris

Guest Johnny One Trout

Good grief that's twenty so theoretically you could practically do a weekender every other weekend as it is and i have just realised that i forgot Soul in the Sun Easy Eddies do are there any others??

John

Good grief that's twenty so theoretically you could practically do a weekender every other weekend as it is and i have just realised that i forgot Soul in the Sun Easy Eddies do are there any others??

John

Theres also Skeggy John, infact theres more than one at Skeggy so I believe.I was thinking the same as you actually about the number of weekenders at the moment.

I personally prefer weekenders to anything else, followed by nighters with soul nights following up the at the rear.

Hi Johnny

I think they mean modern soul and y2k style RnB...The buzz about waiting months for an event will go with all these weekenders..Apart from Cleethorpes i have just been to Prestatyn and that keeps it special for me..There are so many soul events now that every week is a weekender to some i know but not just in one venue..