Kumano 45

Only Me

Does anyone know of this 45

KUMANO - I'LL CRY FOR YOU - PRELUDE PRL8010 (1980)

Can't stop raving about this one so any info' would be appriciated

Brilliant x-over sound that I'm sure will go massive if not already ?

Shute

Social source share

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Yes i've got a WDJ copy normally sells for around £20 it occasionally get played out but not much Mark Fluffy Freeman gives it the odd airing every now and then.

I must have bought mine 4 years or so ago after having it recommended to me by Johnny Manship.

Not really what is happening in crossover rooms at the moment though more of a main room spin although i'm sure there are more than a few on here who would disagree with me ;o)))))

John

Social source share

So I'm still behind in the times as music goes ! , again

Still luv this though

Thanks for info John, maybe one day I'll find something that is totally unknown ??????? yea right !!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

So I'm still behind in the times as music goes ! , again

Still luv this though

Thanks for info John, maybe one day I'll find something that is totally unknown ??????? yea  right !!!!!!!!!!!

Shute me owd fruity i'll bring a CDR up to Stoke to give you something to fall asleep to on the beach ;o))

John

Social source share

Shute me owd fruity i'll bring a CDR up to Stoke to give you something to fall asleep to on the beach ;o))

John

John, I don't suppose you could do me another copy of that xmas CD you did, only some bugger nicked mine :-(

Social source share

Guest PeterW

Only Me

Does anyone know of this 45

KUMANO - I'LL CRY FOR YOU - PRELUDE PRL8010 (1980)

Can't stop raving about this one so any info' would be appriciated

Brilliant x-over sound that I'm sure will go massive if not already ?

Shute

The track is also featured on their self-titeled album which is dirt cheap.

Kumano LP

Anyone like the artwork?

Best //Peter

Social source share

Ady did you review this in the past, I think it was a four page Northern Soul special for one of the old music mags Record Mirror i think, Had things like top 5 Wigan sounds,Top modern sounds at the time etc.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

And probably the only 70s record I ever broke down t'100 Club in the 80s.

Ady

Was that with a ping pong ball at velocity?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

John, I don't suppose you could do me another copy of that xmas CD you did, only some bugger nicked mine :-(

Yes of course Karen do you want the track list this time??? LOL

John actually that wouldn't be a bad one for Shute either ;o))

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Ady

Not wanting to sound Picky at all ;oP but i think it's actually worse than you first feared Ady you actually broke an 80's record at the 100 Club in the 80's that's upfront Modern that is ;o)))

John

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Dave

Audra tells me it was your birthday yesterday. Can I say which one it was??

Congrats mate.

;-)

Mikey

Social source share

Cheers Mikey, haven't got your phone number & was off work (so no computer)otherwise I would have got you along for the beer. Woke at 4am in a bath full of cold water doh ! Bad head this morning !

Age ? surely everyone knows i'm 23 ;-0

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

So how come you were telling me about Charlton Athletic in 1966??

You knew him in 1966 ??? So you both must be 23 then ;o)

John

Social source share

Ady

It was also played at Cleethorpes nighters (by POKE?) around 1982.

The album version is 7:38!

www.discomusic.com/records-more/521_0_2_0_M38/

The rest ofthe L.P. is crap. I was told they were a bit of a rock band. I bought a 7" from Soul Bowl from a box of about 100+, so don't go paying daft money for one!

Social source share

Ok Mikeys given the game away I'm not 23 ! damn who would have guessed!

Yeah you're right about the album Hippo, Cry for you the only decent track on there.Got shot of mine when i bought the 45. Sure they are a

pop/rock band

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

23 BEKKY bOY'S NUMBER AT MADRID.

ONE WAG RECKONED AS HE COULDN'Y HAVE THE NUMBER 7, RAUL ALREADY HAS IT, HE OPTED FOR 23 BECAUSE HE THOUGHT 2+3 = 7

sorry using a program at work that needs caps lock on!! Doh!!

Social source share

Yes of course Karen do you want the track list this time??? LOL

John actually that wouldn't be a bad one for Shute either ;o))

Social source share

Guest taffy

I REMEMBER YOU PLAYING IT AT THE 100 CLUB ADY THEN RANDY GOT A COPY WHICH HE SOLD ME WAS IT YOURS?I'VE ALSO GOT A CANADIAN 12" COPY ON PRELUDE WITH A 10 MINUTE VERSION THAT WAS REISSUED IN 1984.A GREAT TUNE NEEDS REVIVING BUT MAYBE A BIT FAST FOR TODAYS DANCEFLOOR.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

OK so my memories pants, I probably heard it somewhere else (Randy most likely) and started playing it. But it sounds great to me and begs the Bonzo Dog question, can Blue men sing the whites?

A-D

Which in turn begs the question

Were the Dazz band whiter than white? Or were they bluey white or were they backy blue or should i just give up and go home ...........

John

Social source share

Were the Dazz band whiter than white? Or were they bluey white or were they backy blue or should i just give up and go home ...........

John

What is backy blue John? I thought backy was brown, you must have some right wacky backy where you live ;-)

Social source share

You don't happen to have the track listings for those ANS xmas cd's do you????  Got the cds here and only a couple of listings as we left the list.

Ive got some Chalky, will send them over to you.

Social source share

You don't happen to have the track listings for those ANS xmas cd's do you????  Got the cds here and only a couple of listings as we left the list.

Let me know if you need my tracklisting for that CD, should have it here somewhere. I'd also need tracklistings for most of the other CDs in that swap... have got a pile of 30 or so CDs here with no clue on what's on most of them... :)

Social source share

Let me know if you need my tracklisting for that CD, should have it here somewhere. I'd also need tracklistings for most of the other CDs in that swap... have got a pile of 30 or so CDs here with no clue on what's on most of them... :)

Karen has sent me yours Seb, cheers anyway.

Social source share

Seb, if you let me have your email address I will send over the track listings I have, although I don't have all of them

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!