Al Mccarther - His True Love For You

Addio

• Replies 10
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I suspect this hasn't been talked about much in soul circles because it has precisely nothing to do with soul music. File next to Jim Reeves. Please.

link

oooh you can be very hurtful Mister Gareth (laughs). Listened to this on Manships

site after seeing an orig studio acetate in Tim Ash's sales box at Keele last week. Er Mmmm?

Here's what it says on JM's auction and bear in mind he is trying to sell it

Al McCarther - His True Love For You - Two Guitars

A truly gasp-inducing 45. You'll have to click this sound bite more than once. In one week Al McCarther has become my favourite record! It's appeared on Island & Popcorn wants list for an age. I know of no Northern Soul DJs or collectors who own a copy, that's why it's not blown this scene apart long before now. A truly different and awesome potential MONSTER and so incredibly RARE!

hands up if you like collecting vinyl,

derek

Social source share

oooh you can be very hurtful Mister Gareth (laughs). Listened to this on Manships

site after seeing an orig studio acetate in Tim Ash's sales box at Keele last week.  Er Mmmm?

Here's what it says on JM's auction and bear in mind he is trying to sell it

Al McCarther - His True Love For You - Two Guitars

A truly gasp-inducing 45. You'll have to click this sound bite more than once. In one week Al McCarther has become my favourite record! It's appeared on Island & Popcorn wants list for an age. I know of no Northern Soul DJs or collectors who own a copy, that's why it's not blown this scene apart long before now. A truly different and awesome potential MONSTER and so incredibly RARE!

hands up if you like collecting vinyl,

derek

link

could sell snow to the Eskimos

Social source share

Just heard this on Manships auction site. Great record - Anyone have any info. on it?

link

the only info i have is that its probably one of the most sought after popcorn tunes in Belgium......incredibly hard to find, I will be bidding if I win the lottery on Saturday night..lol :thumbsup:

Social source share

the only info i have is that its probably one of the most sought after popcorn tunes in Belgium......incredibly hard to find, I will be bidding if I win the lottery on Saturday night..lol  :thumbsup:

link

I was looking at Kitch's play list for the Gothenburg allnighter in 2004 and he has listed Al Mcarthur "Bring it home" (Unissued) Anyone know if its the b side or another track or just a made up name for a c/u. BH

Social source share

I was looking  at Kitch's play list for the Gothenburg allnighter in 2004 and he has listed Al Mcarthur "Bring it home" (Unissued) Anyone know if its the b side or another track or just a made up name for a c/u. BH

link

I think Al McCarther is the right artist name, but it is unissued, so presumably not on the flip of the record in question. It (Bringing It Home) was played by Andy Rix under the name Tony Mason a few years back (it was included in a mix on this site, maybe it's still here?). Andy Dyson has also been playing this track. The playlist is not from an allnighter BTW, it is from a soul night ending at 03.00.

Social source share

I suspect this hasn't been talked about much in soul circles because it has precisely nothing to do with soul music. File next to Jim Reeves. Please.

link

actually, it does remind me of Jim's 'The Blizzard' - which is a great record also whistling.gif

Social source share

OK, here you go. A picture of the label and an MP3 of the song itself. This recording comes from a tape done by Jean Marie DeMartin back in the late 80s or early 90s. It has the tail end of "You Are My Love at Last" by Neil & Jack fading into the beginning. I faded the ending prematurely because another tune was about to come in.

That tape had loads of fantastic numbers on it but this one was probably my favorite.

Enjoy.

KTF

Jas

post-164-1126582891_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!