MARY SAXTON - LOSING CONTROL

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

Are there many copies around of this? I have never heard it out on my short time on the scene. Only heard it on Tim Brown CD. I like it.

Shane

Social source share

£946

Crikey thats cheap whats happened have all the money men been sent down !!!

Just Jokin !!!

Tim Brown paid a lot more for his copy and has far as i know thats only the third copy ever to turn up so £946 Is a absolute steal for such a rare 45..

Social source share

Perhaps  the money men have thier eyes on the big label items and remebered that there's been another copy on Ovenchip's auction within the last year?

Another copy of what ???

Defo not Mary Saxton I was talkin to him couple weeks ago and was told

he had,nt had it before ???

Mr Confused

Social source share

Another copy of what ???

Defo not Mary Saxton I was talkin to him couple weeks ago and was told

he had,nt had it before ???

Mr Confused

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking of another auction last year. I'm sure if John said he's only had the one copy, it is true. Must be the drugs! I'm on medication because over the last couple of years, every time a see a "rare" Northern record with a blue or bluey-green label, I seem to see multiple copies…… Jackie Daye, Royal Esquires, several Shrine disks (Cautions, Ray Pollard, Epsilons, the other Cautions), Greater Experience, oh yes and the Dream Team – I saw a thousand of them!!

Social source share

Perhaps  the money men have thier eyes on the big label items and remebered that there's been another copy on Ovenchip's auction within the last year?

The other Mary Saxton 45 on J.Manships Auction was

TAKE MY HEART--QUALITY..

Regards IAN C

Social source share

Are there many copies around of this? I have never heard it out on my short time on the scene. Only heard it on Tim Brown CD. I like it.

Shane

It's a regular play at The Caledonia Soul Club courtesy of Lenny Harkins. If you are prepared to wade through 14 hours of soul you might find it on one of the live sets I play on Reflections on Northern Soul check www.radiomagnetic.com/archive/rnb.php

FrankM

Social source share

It's a regular play at The Caledonia Soul Club courtesy of Lenny Harkins. If you are prepared to wade through 14 hours of soul you might find it on one of the live sets I play on Reflections on Northern Soul check www.radiomagnetic.com/archive/rnb.php

FrankM

Social source share

how can a common record like take my heart be on an auction ?

am I missing something ?

Take my heart--Mary Saxton--Quality

The original is a very hard 45 to locate i,ve had two copies over the

last 25 years , I think your thinking of the boot of Take my heart

which is on a black label.............

Regards IAN C

Social source share

I agree most play it off the L.P which in itself is something of a collecters piece

As far has I am aware there are only three copys on a Pace 45

Tim Brown

Ian Cunliffe

and the one J.M has just had on Auction

yes , I do now recall Lenny showing me the album at a gig, would it be Canadian or did he say to me he got it in Canada?

Frankm

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I have a copy of the album. It is on the Birchmount label and is Canadian and has Losing Control and Take My Heart on it.

I remember Kev Cox telling me he had a copy of the 45 a few years ago in Toronto.

Just stumbled on this forum and have spent the last hour reading a few, great stuff.

newer04

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!