Vavavoom Alldayer Sat 24th Of September

Yann V

Since the Tragic Death of our much beloved Lynn "that girl lynn" Davis, This Event will now go ahead as a Charity Event, Raising money for "MIND", "DEPRESSION ALLIANCE" & "Cruse Bereavement"

Ady Croasdell has Kindly Offered to Dj in place of Lynn.

You Support Would Be Appreciated

Yann V & Ady L

post-3542-1126526436_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Since the Tragic Death of our much beloved Lynn "that girl lynn" Davis, This Event will now go ahead as a Charity Event, Raising money for "MIND", "DEPRESSION ALLIANCE" & "Cruse Bereavement"

Yann V & Ady L

link

I will try and make this, especially as it is for such good 'causes'.

Ive not been into London since the bomb's in June, but hope to be brave enough to make it along and support this event

Is this a negative post or what?,as for being brave never heard such rubbish,sorry Janine........ :yes:

Its not negative at all Ken, I seriously haven't been into London since the bombs went off, im not brave im afraid and it really has stopped me going there. Sorry you feel that way!

Guest Stuart T

Its not negative at all Ken, I seriously haven't been into London since the bombs went off, im not brave im afraid and it really has stopped me going there. Sorry you feel that way!

This I really don't understand. You're more likely to die of starvation after getting lost looking for the M1 than blown up. You don't use public transport and moslem fundamentalists are well known for their aversion to going into pubs. It requires absolutely zero bravery.

This I really don't understand. You're more likely to die of starvation after getting lost looking for the M1 than blown up. You don't use public transport and moslem fundamentalists are well known for their aversion to going into pubs. It requires absolutely zero bravery.

I dont think people should put others down who are afraid about going into London, what happened will have an effect. People 'out on the street' got hurt aswell as people on public transport. It just pays to be cautious. :yes:

Yann V & Ady L

Hi Yan - How many you expecting so I know what size raffle book to buy!

Look forward to seeing you all and its going to be abloody long drive

Regards Steve :yes:

Guest Stuart T

I dont think people should put others down who are afraid about going into London, what happened will have an effect. People 'out on the street' got hurt aswell as people on public transport. It just pays to be cautious. :yes:

I don't think I was putting anyone down.

I'd be interested in how it is possible to be cautious though? Maybe all 7 million of us would be safer if we deserted London? Maybe we should all drive around in armoured Range Rovers rather than risking public transport?

Its hardly as if the Nazis are flattening the place every night is it?

I'd be interested in how it is possible to be cautious though? Maybe all 7 million of us would be safer if we deserted London? Maybe we should all drive around in armoured Range Rovers rather than risking public transport?

More chance of the Gasher playing a bootleg than you ave of seeing the old reaper in London :yes:

Why not?

Hi Yan - How many you expecting so I know what size raffle book to buy!

Look forward to seeing you all and its going to be abloody long drive

Regards Steve

I would say around 200 people..it's all depends on you guys...

Just finished the Free Cd, that's wht you will get:

post-3542-1127314359_thumb.jpg

I will clarify what I mean. cautious as in if suspicious of bags unattended - let someone know, its probably safer to have a false alarm than it be the real thing. No I never said we should desert London! and wouldn't say or support that. No I defo do not want people driving around in Range Rovers - sure you have seen my views on my hate of those things! I haven't said dont use public transport - I actually support using public transport even though where I live its 'public' to see out of service and known for its unreliability (thanks to that great love of yours who privatised it! and transport - joke where I live - its a permanent car park!

Think you OTT with your post, thought I was only one who was on the ceiling regularly!

Guest Stuart T

I will clarify what I mean. cautious as in if suspicious of bags unattended - let someone know, its probably safer to have a false alarm than it be the real thing. No I never said we should desert London! and wouldn't say or support that. No I defo do not want people driving around in Range Rovers - sure you have seen my views on my hate of those things! I haven't said dont use public transport - I actually support using public transport even though where I live its 'public' to see out of service and known for its unreliability (thanks to that great love of yours who privatised it! and transport - joke where I live - its a permanent car park!

Think you OTT with your post, thought I was only one who was on the ceiling regularly!

The Range Rover comment was a piss take :ohmy: your yiews are much the same as my own on that particular subject. :lol: Reference to public transport was about London, not sure why your local bus service is relevant. Mrs Thatcher sad.gif gets blamed for everything, so unfair.

Anyhow, whose up for VaVoom Saturday and including an expedition down to Monumental Soul at some stage as well?

Yann, is there anywhere to park the Range Rover nearby?

I intend to be there, but I hope I'm not let down by public transport like last Saturday. Which is the nearest tube, Angel or Farringdon?

Interested to see Lost Someone by James Brown on the CD, great track, even better on the Live At The Apollo LP, really long version. I'd forgotten that album till I saw the track on the CD, surely it is one of the greatest soul albums ever. Definitely the best live one, imo.

I intend to be there, but I hope I'm not let down by public transport like last Saturday. Which is the nearest tube, Angel or Farringdon?

Angel I would say, Geoff.

Try this link:

https://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=53...p=newsearch.srf

Sorry to hear that you have to use the public transport the rest of us will be driving the Range Rover... :thumbsup: I was thinking to do a convoy it is apparently more safe....just in case of a sudden attack..

& yes stuart there is plenty of parking space

Dj's time schedule to follow later... :(

The Range Rover comment was a piss take :( your yiews are much the same as my own on that particular subject. :( Reference to public transport was about London, not sure why your local bus service is relevant. Mrs Thatcher :( gets blamed for everything, so unfair.

Anyhow, whose up for VaVoom Saturday and including an expedition down to Monumental Soul at some stage as well?

Yann, is there anywhere to park the Range Rover nearby?

I know it was :(

:thumbsup:

well to get to London from outside London, you need transport that goes from outside London into London - make sense? Its fine when you in London coz there's public transport in London! :(

Well I dont mind blaming Bush for things too if its so upsetting to you about blaming ur sweetheart!

Hoping to be there and try and park near your 4WDisasters/Death on Wheels!

I know it was :P

well to get to London from outside London, you need transport that goes from outside London into London - make sense? Its fine when you in London coz there's public transport in London! :yes:

Well I dont mind blaming Bush for things too if its so upsetting to you about blaming ur sweetheart!

Hoping to be there and try and park near your 4WDisasters/Death on Wheels!

Bush invented 4 wheel drive ? The b*st*rd :yes:

:graynone:

Seriously, good luck with this event.

Steve

Edited by SteveM
Guest Tom Walsh

that's a beautiful picture of Lynn on the CD. I'm showing some footage of her there, its gorgeous. We're getting down there early, thinking of bringing a hard hat and a gas mask, well you can't be too careful!

Hard hat & gas mask EH! Hope you are going to behave yourself!

Just thinkin of your birthday!

See ya 2morrow!

Dj's Times as promisses

300-400 ADY LUPTON & YANN VATISTE

400-430 SHARNYA HALE

430-500 BEN SUMMERS

500-530 ADY CROASDELL

530-600 ALAN HANDSCOMBE

600-630 JO WALLACE

630-700 ADY CROASDELL

700-730 PETE HULLAT

730-800 JOHN WESTON

800-830 TONY SMITH

830-900 BEN SUMMERS

900-930 SHARNYA HALE

930-100 ALAN HANDSCOMBE

1000-1030 JO WALLACE

1030-1100 JOHN WESTON

1100-1130 TONY SMITH

1130-1200 PETE HULLAT

1200-100 ADY LUPTON & YANN VATISTE

See you all there

Yann

Guest Richard Bergman

Dj's Times as promisses

300-400 ADY LUPTON & YANN VATISTE

400-430 SHARNYA HALE

430-500 BEN SUMMERS

500-530 ADY CROASDELL

530-600 ALAN HANDSCOMBE

600-630 JO WALLACE

630-700 ADY CROASDELL

700-730 PETE HULLAT

730-800 JOHN WESTON

800-830 TONY SMITH

830-900 BEN SUMMERS

900-930 SHARNYA HALE

930-100 ALAN HANDSCOMBE

1000-1030 JO WALLACE

1030-1100 JOHN WESTON

1100-1130 TONY SMITH

1130-1200 PETE HULLAT

1200-100 ADY LUPTON & YANN VATISTE

See you all there

Yann

This is gonna be one hell of an event , what a dj line up :thumbsup: Lynn will be looking down in admiration I'm sure of that

I'm just left kicking myself that I won't be able to attend :angry:

all the best to you Yann & Ady (two nicer blokes you couldn't wish to meet )

Richard Bergman

Edited by Richard Bergman
Guest Richard Bergman

This is gonna be one hell of an event , what a dj line up :thumbsup: Lynn will be looking down in admiration I'm sure of that

I'm just left kicking myself that I won't be able to attend :angry:

all the best to you Yann & Ady (two nicer blokes you couldn't wish to meet )

Richard Bergman

Sorry went a bit overboard with the font

[Great day

It was nice to see loads of friends old and new. Some really great sets played thumbsup.gif

Hope you raised loads of money

QoF

xx]

I'd just like to agree with Chrissie, it was a great night, good music played (thanks Jo for playing Nine Times), nice to see so many friends, some I hadn't seen for some time, and a nice slidey dance floor (almost too slidey once or twice, lol).

Hope this becomes a regular event, well done the organisers.

Guest Richard Bergman

I'm so glad this night went so well

:D:thumbsup:

Any chance of playlist's from the gypsies , tramps and thieves who were posing as disc jockeys yesterday :lol::D:D:D

A big thankyou to all the organisers, i have got the mother of all hangovers. All the dj spots were fantastic , this is a great venue & i hope they do another soon.

Garv.

A big thank you for all your support and a special mention to all the DJs for their great sets. All the benefits of the event will go the charity. We'll be back soon.

Cheers

Yann

Another memorable event from Yann & Ady - well done guys! Great sets from all the DJ's and a nice cosy venue.

When's the next one then?? :lol:

Leona & Adi

Bush invented 4 wheel drive ? The b*st*rd :lol:

:graynone:

Seriously, good luck with this event.

Steve

No, Bush didnt invent it, but he invented reasons for a war!

I could only go for couple of hours but wouldn't have missed it, even though I went to the wrong Bull first! :lol::shades: :angry:

Guest Warmnjuicy

No, Bush didnt invent it, but he invented reasons for a war!

I could only go for couple of hours but wouldn't have missed it, even though I went to the wrong Bull first! :lol::shades: :angry:

YOu muppet! Did you get lost? Hope you had a good time! lol :lol::lol::P

YOu muppet! Did you get lost? Hope you had a good time! lol :lol::shades::P

Well I was doing ok - got to Upper St N1 unfortunately Bull was in EC1! :lol: Found a parking space and decided couldnt be bothered to drive in the traffic anymore, so bit of a walk, but hey I need the exercise :lol:

Guest Tom Walsh

I'm so glad this night went so well

:lol::lol:

Any chance of playlist's from the gypsies , tramps and thieves who were posing as disc jockeys yesterday :shades::lol::P:D

From what I can remember.

Pete Hulatt 1st set

Carol Fredricks I couldn't careless

Topics Hey girl

Ella Woods I need your love

Virgina Blaky Let nobody love you

Vicki Labat Got to keep hanging on

Anita Anderson Secretly

Anthony & the Delsonics Everytime

Camaro's Were not to young

Shirley Edwards Dream my heart

Oracles Ain't got time

2nd set

Unique Blend Yes I'm in love

Monclairs Hey you

Cashmeres Don't let the door

Honey & the Bees Be yourself

Larry Clinton She's Wanted

Tommy Ridgely My love is getting stronger

Sonatas Going down the road

Jackie Day Naughty Boy

Pat Lewis No one to love

Larry Wright Sweet sweet kisses

Proffesionals Thats why I love you

Mr Soul What happened to yesterday

Anita Anderson Little bit longer

well done Yann, Ady and all the DJs. It was brilliant to see so many london faces out together. We couldn't stay late as we had to get miladdo home, but it certainly felt like it was cooking up into an exceptionally good evening when we left.

Speaking of miladdo, Curtis had a brilliant time, and would like to throw out a huge 'tank too' to everyone who played with him, bought him lemonade, or just smiled at him. Sadly, we managed to lose his 'wah' (small lion) during the day somewhere (not necessarily in the venue) but if anyone found it, please let me know :shades:

What a fab day it was. I loved the pub venue, which I thought was so sweet and authentic until I heard it was a strip joint that hasn't been done up since! Only criticism was the bar staff were a bit rude, I think normal folk expect a few rucks at a private party, they wait to hear Popcorn on the stereo and for pint pots to start flying. Also they seem to run out of drinks, so the selection was a bit mean near the end.

Apart from that moan, great music, people and atmos!

Guest Richard Bergman

What a fab day it was. I loved the pub venue, which I thought was so sweet and authentic until I heard it was a strip joint that hasn't been done up since! Only criticism was the bar staff were a bit rude, I think normal folk expect a few rucks at a private party, they wait to hear Popcorn on the stereo and for pint pots to start flying. Also they seem to run out of drinks, so the selection was a bit mean near the end.

Rude bar staff !!!! You should have given them a piece of your mind , as soon as they realised they were messing with the Bromley Brawler ¢Å¾¢ they'd lose their cocksure attitude whistling.gif

Couldn't of put it better myself thumbsup.gif

The running out of beer thing was a prob as I was purposely staying "reasonably" sober and only drinking halves of bitter then it ran out, had to quickly get a grip of myself and change to lemonade as I was in danger of reverting to vodka or strong lager.

QoF xx

Just want to mention again what Martin's already said. We had a really fantastic time on Saturday. Curtis was in his element, and thanks to all the people who entertained him, bought him lemonade and crisps.

I don't get out very often due to child, but this day was excellent - when's the next one?

Audra

Just want to mention again what Martin's already said. We had a really fantastic time on Saturday. Curtis was in his element, and thanks to all the people who entertained him, bought him lemonade and crisps.

I don't get out very often due to child, but this day was excellent - when's the next one?

Audra

Any luck with finding "wah"?

QoF xx

[ when's the next one?

Thank you all for your kinds words.

I've just had a word with Ady earlier on today. We decided to carry on & hopefully we will be back in December for an other Vavavoom alldayer. I will confirm the date in the next future. Hey Hey....

Bye.. :)

Yann

Source Advert