Tony Jackson

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone help?

Just got a copy of the Tropics.....been on my wants list for years, well chuffed no problem. However now i find it is also available on 'Wax' records, which came first?, is the wax version legit??

Thanks....Tony

link

Hello Tony

Don't panic, the 'Wax' one is a reissue made for the Carolinas surf scene, or 'Shag scene' as most of em put it.

Good record mate :unsure:

Pottsy

Social source share

It's actually the "Wax Museum" label. There's at least 5 or more releases on the label, I think! Although I think the original owner has passed on, they still sell through mailorder. Never managed to get anything nice from them, though. Just cheap stuff.

-Mike

Edited by recordwanted
Social source share

Hello Tony

Don't panic, the 'Wax' one is a reissue made for the Carolinas surf scene, or 'Shag scene' as most of em put it.

Good record mate :lol:

Pottsy

yes agree - superb record - picked one up a while back on wax museum for a few dollars - any idea what it goes for? played it out a few months back in stockport and managed to clear the floor! could say it's pretty unknown around these parts!

Grant

Social source share

yes agree - superb record - picked one up a while back on wax museum for a few dollars - any idea what it goes for? played it out a few months back in stockport and managed to clear the floor! could say it's pretty unknown around these parts!

Grant

Hi Grant,

You don't see this listed that often, the original one on Topic that is (well i don't) i'm sure somebody will say something different.

The last one i saw was on Manships in 2001, it was £500 than for an E condition one, so i don't know what price you'd put on it now. I know how much i payed of course!!! :lol:

Tony

Social source share

Must have missed em', any idea what they went for??

Tony

Found a copy for USD 2 (!) from an american seller about two years ago. Kept it for a while, then sold it at e-bay. Got around GBP 350 for it, and it was not in the best of conditions.

Social source share

Found a copy for USD 2 (!) from an american seller about two years ago. Kept it for a while, then sold it at e-bay. Got around GBP 350 for it, and it was not in the best of conditions.

Got a copy off e-bay not so long ago

was in a bunch of 50 records,paid decent price,not 500

goes for abot 500-550 i would of thought

also dealer said my copy is autographed by the group

GREAT TOOOOOON

PLAY IT ALL THE TIME @ BIG LOCK :lol:

Social source share

is that on the Topic label? I know it's rare on that but you rarely see it for sale on Wax Museum either - be interested to know what it is valued at on that label - probably be selling mine soon anyway

Grant

Social source share

offerd on by the guy from wax museum for £150. too much IMHO for what is really a boot. we can argue over 'legitimate reissue' etc, but its no more worthy than the northern boot/reissues of the 70's

https://www.waxmuseum.net/

just like goldmine, etc really.

get one on topic or nothing

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

is that on the Topic label? I know it's rare on that but you rarely see it for sale on Wax Museum either - be interested to know what it is valued at on that label - probably be selling mine soon anyway

Grant

yepp. topic

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!