Update to Frank Wilson

Mr Searling just announced on cellarful of soul that another copy of 'Do I love you' was found in a record shop in Chicago by a couple of hip-hop guys who recognised it - the asking price is $35K

lucky bleeders, it just goes to show that theres still round black vinyl golden goodies left in the states waiting to be found.

adios amigos

pedro

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett.. know what you mean, but when records were pressed there were no accurate way of keeping tabs of all copies, the pressing plants kept 'file copies' not many agreed, but people got hold of these, the latest sounds for pre-block parties in the black communities, loads of records, acetates etc. must have made the way to these 'happenings' which were popular and well attended. you never know all sorts of rarerities might still be knocking around.

pedro

Social source share

Good point Pedro, but why the hell didn't i find it last year when i dragged my wife all over Chicago looking for records, and all i got were some god forsaken 7"'singles that looked like they had been dug out of the earth that morning !

Seriously though it seems such an incredible find, surely any record shop owner would have an inkling on one of the worlds rarest releases.

Brett

Social source share

hard luck mate, i wish you could have found that gem, next time. i was in new york april and i didn't come up with anything, couldn't get me missus out of maceys. its just knowing where to look hate to state the obvious, i was wandering round the upper east side and into harlem looking for a junk store that sold second hand records, got the info from an old chap (a brotha) in a bar, could i find it, could i shyte. one day we'll come good

adios amigo

pedro

Social source share

Nothing to do with the post......but i had to tell someone.....just tried to get a cold beer from the fridge...thing is the foul bottle got lodged between a frozen " Hen" and an awful looking chicken, resulting in an almighty and godforsaken mess with hen parts and a pool of spilt beer......the wife is far from pleased......i am up to my shoulders in dead farm yard creatures and bloody expensive imported ale....

Brett

Social source share

been out for a beer meself, time for more beer and good music i think - tune in and turn off. gonna sit back have a beer and listen to gil scott heron - winter in america

cheers and adios

pedro

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!