soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest martinsbox

sorry cant help with the record -- can anyone help with info of this group --ie line up anything else they may have done---been told this is a 70s tune apart from that i know nothing else---info would be appreciated----thanks jo

I've only got two 45's listed for The Overtones :-

"What would I do" backed with "The gleam in your eye" this was released in August 1970 on Hip City 014.

"There's a girl" on the Ajax label, is the other one.

Apart from this I have no other information on the group. :thumbsup:

All the best, Martin

Social source share

looking for the overtones-what would i do -hip city records can anyone help please......

I had one of these in the sales box a year or so ago for £150, every time the box was put out people would grab it, put it on the portable, then put it back in the box. Not the best of tunes. Eventually, after doing about 3 months in the box, Tim Brown took pity on me & gave me £60 for it. Shocked to hear someone give a $1000 for it :D

Social source share

thanks for the info martin--appreciated--yes lew did have one on his last auction and it was not 1000 dolls i should know i won it-- and i think it is a wonderful record---many thanks to stevie z for introducing this to me-------------------------jo

Hi Jo ,as you know I paid £400 for my copy about 12 months ago.I also believe one sold several months ago for $1800 .Tim Brown has it in his price guide at £400 (sorry Ady).

Brill falsetto lead...one that Phil Wainright said " the best tune of the year" :D ATB Steve

Social source share

hi steve---yes i know what you paid and you know what i paid---this tune will have its day---i know its massive for you down the g stone--give it twelve months and lets see---reminds me of the tapes you did me 5 or 6 years back--- tunes just getting the recognition they deserve--anyhow another one crossed of the wants list---------------lol jo

Social source share

(sorry Ady).

Not half as much as i am steve :) Makes me wonder why i bother putting things in sales boxes sometimes, looks like it would make far better sense for me to give em all to Lew or John to sell, so i can sit at home in front of the telly with me feet up.

Anyways.....hope your keeping well steve, regards..ady

Social source share

Not half as much as i am steve :) Makes me wonder why i bother putting things in sales boxes sometimes, looks like it would make far better sense for me to give em all to Lew or John to sell, so i can sit at home in front of the telly with me feet up.

Anyways.....hope your keeping well steve, regards..ady

Hi Ady,well I am well :) It really is difficult selling tunes that ,in the main, collectors/dealers know about and chase down........I am always after semi-knowns.........at reasonable money :) Have a great night at the Dome ,please say hiya to my friend Neil :) ATB Steve
Social source share