Thursday night in London

Guest sharynm

Guest sharynm

Hi

can anybody help me? I'm coming down from Manchester to London to take out some customers. They are interested in coming with me to any NS events that take place on a Thursday evening - any Thursday in August would be fine. Anybody suggest anywhere? Not being a local lass and all that!

Thanks

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

August 12th is a Thursday. These Old Shoes is on at Tower Bridge, Closest tubes are Tower Hill and London Bridge. Cost is £4 each

DJs Jo Wallace, Martin Thompson, Andy Faulkner and guest Yann Vatiste, (all post on here).

Its a cracking club, full of atmosphere and great tunes.

Also I think George Jackson might be on thursdays now. I'm sure Gareth or Lisa could confirm that.

Guest in town Mikey

OOps forgot address:

copied this off their website

:Downstairs at The River Bar, Tower Bridge Road, London. (200 yards over London Bridge on the left if coming from Tower Hill Tube, or just to the left of the end of Tooley Street if coming from London Bridge Station).

8pm-12am.

Nearest Tubes: Tower Hill or London Bridge.

Click

Entry is £4, pay on the door only.

OOps forgot address:

copied this off their website

:Downstairs at The River Bar, Tower Bridge Road, London. (200 yards over London Bridge on the left if coming from Tower Hill Tube, or just to the left of the end of Tooley Street if coming from London Bridge Station).

8pm-12am.

Nearest Tubes: Tower Hill or London Bridge.

Click

Entry is £4, pay on the door only.

That's 200 yards over TOWER BRIDGE Mikey. Do you have the old London Bridge in your garden then?

Guest James Trouble

birthday.gif

>Fryer is turning the big three 0 on Thursday 29th July. To celebrate we are all heading down to the Salmon and Compases, Chapel Market, Angel, London. It kicks off at 8pm, and will run through till 2am. Jazzman Gerald is DJing, but don't let that put you off as myself, Ian Wright and Keb Darge will be on call to keep the dance floor jumping! Everyone is invited for what promises to be one hell of a knees up!!!

>Expect some very, very rare soul music. NO SHITE!

Guest in town Mikey

That's 200 yards over TOWER BRIDGE Mikey. Do you have the old London Bridge in your garden then?

Haha. I could do you a nice deal if you want, on London Bridge.

As I said, I did copy the addy off theor website, so I absolve myself of any blame. Tho i should really have read it first I suppose.

James, I might get off my lazy arse and get down to that as I am going to miss the Dome. Is it going to be all tahnk boingy boingy modern style stuff? ;-)

Fryer is turning the big three 0 on Thursday 29th July. To celebrate we are all heading down to the Salmon and Compases, Chapel Market, Angel, London. It kicks off at 8pm, and will run through till 2am. Jazzman Gerald is DJing, but don't let that put you off as myself, Ian Wright and Keb Darge will be on call to keep the dance floor jumping! 

Does it cost anything to get in? Might be there.

Guest James Trouble

It's free before 9pm i think, £2 after!!!!! but we are all going to be there DJing from 8pm onwards, so get there early and buy a beer for your 2 quid instead.

I'm not sure what boing boing stuff we'll be playing, but there will be quality rare soul music being played all night.

It'd be good see some soul-source folk down there.

Guest in town Mikey

By eck lass, there's lots of them Northern types, showing us shandy drinkin suvverners a thing or 2.

How we gonna tell you apart from t'others??

birthday.gif

>Fryer is turning the big three 0 on Thursday 29th July. To celebrate we are all heading down to the Salmon and Compases, Chapel Market, Angel, London. It kicks off at 8pm,

Where abouts is this in relation to the Euston or Clerkenwell area?? Not a native of that neck of the woods - merely having to work there. Will be around Exmouth Market or Euston Square for a few in the afternoon, so if its not too far to walk, we might pop up for an hour or so - after all, we can always call in somewhere on the way??. Or we can always be civilised and jump on a bus??

cheers

Scotty

Funk eh?? does that mean I'll hear Fatback's 'Wicky Wacky' again

Guest James Trouble

It's in angel and islington i think, so not far from were you will be.

Northern Soul eh??? Does that mean you'll get to hear Stevie Wonder again?

tut tut, you'd better get yourself over early Thursday, there's alot you've got to learn by the sounds of it. ;-) lol

Guest sharynm

By eck lass, there's lots of them Northern types, showing us shandy drinkin suvverners a thing or 2.

How we gonna tell you apart from t'others??

I'll talk very loudly so you can hear the northern twang (if you're there that is!) probably drinking you lot under the table and still being able to dance! seriously 5'5" with short blondie hair - if anybody is there take pity and come and say hello as don't know how much fun my customer will be !

Guest in town Mikey

Where abouts is this in relation to the Euston or Clerkenwell area?? Not a native of that neck of the woods - merely having to work there. Will be around Exmouth Market or Euston Square for a few in the afternoon, so if its not too far to walk, we might pop up for an hour or so - after all, we can always call in somewhere on the way??. Or we can always be civilised and jump on a bus??

cheers

Scotty

Funk eh?? does that mean I'll hear Fatback's 'Wicky Wacky' again

Rich, If you get the number 4 bus from Exmouth Market, it should only be 10 minutes or so. Get off at the main bus stop just past Angel tube, walk back on yourself to the crossing for the tube, but turn right into Liverpool road. I think there is a Halifax on the corner.

Chapel Market is first on the left, just before Wollies. There is a pub on the corner called I think, The Plough, or some such rural name.

No idea where the Salmon is, but the road itself isnt that long, so it shouldnt be too hard to find.

There is a great eat as much as you like veggie curry house up the far end of the road, next door to the 'Elbow room'. Actually I say that, I havent been to Chapel Market in a few years, but if it is there it is well worth a visit.

See you there

Mikey.

Guest sharynm

I hope this doesn't offend....

Reference your customer. I'd make sure you get the money first if he's not going to be much fun

I knew one of you would sus me out damn it! suppose the truth was bound to come out. Now if you've got a spare fiver.................

I knew one of you would sus me out damn it! suppose the truth was bound to come out. Now if you've got a spare fiver.................

I think Kolla has taken his pocket money away LOL