Edited by taylormadesoul
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Unissued Goldwax recording. Originally available on a japanese CD. Available on a Soul Series UK 45 and also on some other UK issue... Torch Records or something... don't know which came first - Soul Series or Torch - not that it really matters, I guess. Master tape only find as far as I know, no orignal acetate? Fantastic stomper. Thanks for reminding me, had to go dig it out, had completely forgotten about it.

wink.gif

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Unissued Goldwax recording. Originally available on a japanese CD. Available on a Soul Series UK 45 and also on some other UK issue... Torch Records or something... don't know which came first - Soul Series or Torch - not that it really matters, I guess. Master tape only find as far as I know, no orignal acetate? Fantastic stomper. Thanks for reminding me, had to go dig it out, had completely forgotten about it.

wink.gif

Wasn't it discovered in the States by Brian raye on a cheapie CD in a garage?

Social source share

It's a Fame recording, but most of Spencer Wiggins' later Goldwax sides were cut at Fame studios. When Goldwax folded in around '69 or '70 Fame (through Capitol) issued at least two SW 45s. This record is presumably from this timeframe, so there would appear to be a lack of clarity on the matter of who actually owns the recording.

Vivid Sound in Japan collected a few unissued Goldwax tracks on 2 vinyl complation albums in the late 1970s (Volume 2 contains a version of Wee Willie Walker's "I Don't Want To Take A Chance" without horns or backing vocals, for example). I don't have the other vinyl album, but I think Mark 'Binsy' Taylor does. I can ask him to confirm if "Let's Talk It Over" is on Volume 1, which would mean it existed in vinyl format from the late 1970s. In any case, these lps formed the basis of the CD from whence the various UK bootleg singles of the Spencer Wiggins track came. The entire CD itself was counterfeited at the time of the popularity of "Let's Talk It Over".

I bought one from a shop called Mister CD in London which was clearly 'dodgy' on close inspection; a UK-pressed CD with no liner notes whatsoever, just a CD booklet cover which was a pretty poor reproduction of the proper CD packaging.

Social source share

It's a Fame recording, but most of Spencer Wiggins' later Goldwax sides were cut at Fame studios. When Goldwax folded in around '69 or '70 Fame (through Capitol) issued at least two SW 45s. This record is presumably from this timeframe, so there would appear to be a lack of clarity on the matter of who actually owns the recording.

Vivid Sound in Japan collected a few unissued Goldwax tracks on 2 vinyl complation albums in the late 1970s (Volume 2 contains a version of Wee Willie Walker's "I Don't Want To Take A Chance" without horns or backing vocals, for example). I don't have the other vinyl album, but I think Mark 'Binsy' Taylor does. I can ask him to confirm if "Let's Talk It Over" is on Volume 1, which would mean it existed in vinyl format from the late 1970s. In any case, these lps formed the basis of the CD from whence the various UK bootleg singles of the Spencer Wiggins track came. The entire CD itself was counterfeited at the time of the popularity of "Let's Talk It Over".

I bought one from a shop called Mister CD in London which was clearly 'dodgy' on close inspection; a UK-pressed CD with no liner notes whatsoever, just a CD booklet cover which was a pretty poor reproduction of the proper CD packaging.

==============

neil clowes biggie at keele

what happened to him?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!