Bisley Soul Nite

• Replies 45
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi, Bisley always well attended & a good night. Friendly crowd from all over the place. Enjoy!!!!!

Alan

hi alan

are you the organiser?

or a dj?

whats the music policy

oldies or across the board?

depending who,s djing the music can be very predictable.

recently they have been using different folks so it makes a change from the same old same old.

nice crowd and the dance floors usually busy.

they do finish with the 3 b4 8 though :ohmy::lol:wink.gifwink.gif

Well time does fly Another Bisley Night is here looking forward to seeing Neil Rushton, the Last time Sue & I saw Neil was @ The Ministry of Sound,back stage Neil with Paris & Kevin, Neil Said Double celebrations tonight, Just sold Network records to SONY & starting a World tour with Inner City not bad eh !!!! & Bisley is allways a top night :ohmy: we will be there Jon & Sue Buck

Edited by jonbuck

Well time does fly Another Bisley Night is here looking forward to seeing Neil Rushton, the Last time Sue & I saw Neil was @ The Ministry of Sound,back stage Neil with Paris & Kevin, Neil Said Double celebrations tonight, Just sold Network records to SONY & starting a World tour with Inner City not bad eh !!!! & Bisley is allways a top night :( we will be there Jon & Sue Buck

:(

good man ill see you there cant wait :thumbsup:

hi all

its bisley on sat nite

who is going

its my first time there

is it a good nite?

[/quote

I'll be there see, you down the front ,giving it the big one :(

music a bit 6st for my liking but still a very good night you just can't beat that wooden sprung dance floor

carry a tin of Jonson's talc so i can recognise you :thumbsup:

recently they have been using different folks so it makes a change from the same old same old.

they do finish with the 3 b4 8 though :thumbsup::(:(:(

bout time they started being a bit more across the board as they say' or open up the other side

and have some modern/crossover :(

hi alan

are you the organiser?

or a dj?

whats the music policy

oldies or across the board?

Lynn, no i'm not organiser or dj, Bisley is run by Derek Mead, mate of mine. As the other comments say its a good nite, mostly oldie orientated, bit of r n b, but depends on guest djs etc. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Alan

Guest in town Mikey

I always enjoy Bisley.

Its 50/50 about my attendance this weekend tho.

Does anyone know if they are going to be doing a niter again? I really enjoyed the first one they did.

they do finish with the 3 b4 8 though :(:thumbsup::(:(

Another predictable posting from a predictable person

Jon Buck

i take it youve been going from the beginning.

if theve got no guest dj,s its very predictable.

same when they bring dj,s down once a year.they usually end up playing the same set they did the year befor.

go through some old threads on here and youre find the same from others.

speak to some of the soulies down that way and ask why they dont attend anymore.

the last few havnt been to bad music wise but thats cause theve used different dj,s to the norm.

and the 3 b4 8.

should of finished using them when wigan stopped.

so whats the prob.

you still hurting cause i said the first reformed rsg was shit.

it was.

was like going to a scooter rally 20 years back music wise.

if theve got no guest dj,s its very predictable.

same when they bring dj,s down once a year.they usually end up playing the same set they did the year befor.

go through some old threads on here and youre find the same from others.

speak to some of the soulies down that way and ask why they dont attend anymore.

the last few havnt been to bad music wise but thats cause theve used different dj,s to the norm.

and the 3 b4 8.

should of finished using them when wigan stopped.

so whats the prob.

it was.

was like going to a scooter rally 20 years back music wise.

Sort your self out Wayne

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck

same when they bring dj,s down once a year.they usually end up playing the same set they did the year befor.and the 3 b4 8. should of finished using them when wigan stopped.

it was like going to a scooter rally 20 years back music wise.

Ok Wayne apologies for winding you up :yes: I must admit there was no need, Just the mood I was was in, I havn't missed many Bisley's, & enjoyed every one, They don't only have guests ONCE a year, at each Bisley there is a Different Guest sometimes 2, regading 3B48 never really liked hearing it anywhere exept Wigan, That is why when I used to do Leighton Buzzard 20 odd years ago, we allways finished with O'Jays I'll never Forget You-Drifters Harlem Child- As for the RSG that you visited about 3 years ago being shit, you where probably right, But things have got better since then :thumbsup:

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck

no worries jon.

they have yearly guests like mr evison and mr ray.

mr blush.

you should get yourself there.its not to bad to find but it is in the middle of nowhere.

one of the busier do,s down south and a great atmosphere.

its got a later finish now 2am.

Ok Wayne apologies for winding you up :yes: I must admit there was no need, Just the mood I was was in, I havn't missed many Bisley's, & enjoyed every one, They don't only have guests ONCE a year, at each Bisley there is a Different Guest sometimes 2, regading 3B48 never really liked hearing it anywhere exept Wigan, That is why when I used to do Leighton Buzzard 20 odd years ago, we allways finished with O'Jays I'll never Forget You-Drifters Harlem Child- As for the RSG that you visited about 3 years ago being shit, you where probably right, But things have got better since then :thumbsup:

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

Bucky, will look forward to seeing you Saturday. Will definitely get to your next Westcott do as well which I can recommend to everyone. I reckon its a competition to see who can run the most out of the way soul night, you or Derek!!

Alan

Bucky, will look forward to seeing you Saturday.I reckon its a competition to see who can run the most out of the way soul night, you or Derek!!

Alan

:thumbsup: Obviously you never came to any of my Barn Dances back in the 80's, Even I had trouble finding them :yes:

See You @ Bisley

Bucky

Edited by jonbuck

Went about a year ago and I must admit the music policy - due to the guest Dj's - was a vast improvement on when we went the year previous when Mr Whittle played the classic, Silky Hargreaves - Keep loving me......... and Mrs C was the only one dancing to it in a supposedly oldies venue ( I hasten to add at that time). Mr Whittle shrugged at us and it was strange to say the least.

I alway's have a little smile to myself when ever I think about Bisley.

I went to visit the venue at least a year before the present promoters & was told in no uncertain terms they would never hold soul nights or an allnighter again (This was a big venue doon souf back in the day). The reasons they gave were the licencing & the fact that Bisley is an international shooting venue with large parties stopping over night etc which they didnt want disturbing.

Fast forward a year & Derek & co got the venue & were filling it, not sure how they did it, but good luck, musically not alway's 100% for my personal tastes, but probably the most constantly busy venue in this area of the south & thats no mean feat I can tell you......................I would have probably fcuked it up any way by trying to be too progressive :thumbsup::unsure::D .

Good night socially, basically oldies but with a few suprises too..................good luck guys.

Russ

I went to visit the venue at least a year before the present promoters & was told in no uncertain terms they would never hold soul nights or an allnighter again Russ

Russ the thing to remember is a if a Venue is still around [ not knocked down ] It will always have different owners or management, and there will always be Someone Else to talk to in time !!!!

Jon Buck

Guest GrooveJunkies

I alway's have a little smile to myself when ever I think about Bisley.

I went to visit the venue at least a year before the present promoters & was told in no uncertain terms they would never hold soul nights or an allnighter again (This was a big venue doon souf back in the day). The reasons they gave were the licencing & the fact that Bisley is an international shooting venue with large parties stopping over night etc which they didnt want disturbing.

Fast forward a year & Derek & co got the venue & were filling it, not sure how they did it, but good luck, musically not alway's 100% for my personal tastes, but probably the most constantly busy venue in this area of the south & thats no mean feat I can tell you......................I would have probably fcuked it up any way by trying to be too progressive :unsure:biggrin.gif:D .

Good night socially, basically oldies but with a few suprises too..................good luck guys.

Russ

progressive good word bisley take note :thumbsup:

mr blush.

you should get yourself there.its not to bad to find but it is in the middle of nowhere.

one of the busier do,s down south and a great atmosphere.

its got a later finish now 2am.

I will do, one of the problems was that I night I was running seemed to always clash with it but I've moved venues and changed dates and it's no longer a problem. Loads of the punters from my night are regulars at Bisley and they keep trying to drag me along, so I'll definitely make it soon.

Bisley Nightshift Club

Try this link for directions :thumbsup:

I will do, one of the problems was that I night I was running seemed to always clash with it but I've moved venues and changed dates and it's no longer a problem. Loads of the punters from my night are regulars at Bisley and they keep trying to drag me along, so I'll definitely make it soon.

come along ;be nice to see you there roger :D:thumbsup:

COL, AGREE WITH THAT MATE, BIT SLOW TO GET GOING THIS TIME, BUT EXCELLENT ATMOSPHERE, PACKED DANCE FLOOR ETC.

ALAN

have to disagree bout it slow gettin going

i was on first and had ppl dancing halfway thru my set

was nice to be able to play some 70,s stuff

play list to follow

a few surprises me thinks

not everyone picked up on

had a great night bit more 70s played

mischief kept me laughing

so all in all good time

hey boots u sexy minx

if u wanted larfs just spend the evening with me

hope you liked the FISTS

Guest GrooveJunkies

THINK THE STANDARD OF MUSIC WAS LOTS BETTER THIS TIME

I THINK ADY HEANEY PLAYED A BLINDER :lol::D

:D

with out a doubt ady heaney [for me ] played one of the best sets of the year at bisley

he didnt conform to the usual 6ts top 100 safe bets he took a chance an play a blinding 7ts set well done ady

:thumbsup:

Guest GrooveJunkies

THINK THE STANDARD OF MUSIC WAS LOTS BETTER THIS TIME

I THINK ADY HEANEY PLAYED A BLINDER :lol::D

nice one by Elvis :D

next time can we have Dolly Parton as well :D

I tried to phone but all i got was a BUSY SIGNAL; :thumbsup:

heres my playlist as promised

7.45 till 9pm

in no particular order

catch that teardrop...5 royales

get out...harold melvin

coming home baby...ddsharp

marv johnson...come on and stop

elvis presley...let your self go

take a giant step...profiles

my babys been cheatin...ac reed

when love goes wrong...lou rawls

dust my broom...ike & tina turner

arabia...the delcoshome is where the heart is...bobby womack

cant break the news...ben e king

love reputation...denise la salle

wade in the water...marlena shaw

our love will grow...showmen

run for cover...dells

i miss you...marv johnson

girl(why you wanna make me blue)...temptations

ill keep on holding on...marvelettes

when im gone...brenda holloway

gene chandler...i can take care of myself

sugar dumpling...sam cooke

ill cry alone...gale garnett

there was a time...james brown

world of happiness...cindy scott

keep on walking by...midnite

the game is over...brown sugar

you and your love...albert jones

something new to do...bobby sheen

hope you liked the ELVIS track

gettin plays in the midlands and 40 quid on steve jeffries latest list

feel free to comment even if it is to slag it off lolol

Edited by moldie
Guest GrooveJunkies

heres my playlist as promised

7.45 till 9pm

in no particular order

catch that teardrop...5 royales

get out...harold melvin

coming home baby...ddsharp

marv johnson...come on and stop

elvis presley...let your self go

take a giant step...profiles

my babys been cheatin...ac reed

when love goes wrong...lou rawls

dust my broom...ike & tina turner

arabia...the delcoshome is where the heart is...bobby womack

cant break the news...ben e king

love reputation...denise la salle

wade in the water...marlena shaw

our love will grow...showmen

run for cover...dells

i miss you...marv johnson

girl(why you wanna make me blue)...temptations

ill keep on holding on...marvelettes

when im gone...brenda holloway

gene chandler...i can take care of myself

sugar dumpling...sam cooke

ill cry alone...gale garnett

there was a time...james brown

world of happiness...cindy scott

keep on walking by...midnite

the game is over...brown sugar

you and your love...albert jones

something new to do...bobby sheen

hope you liked the ELVIS track

gettin plays in the midlands and 40 quid on steve jeffries latest list

feel free to comment even if it is to slag it off lolol

I like Elvis

:unsure: .....................................me and old Elvis some time ago ph34r.gif

post-2246-1127771132_thumb.jpg