Prohets Mp3

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone have an mp3 of this? Really starting to get to me that I haven't heard it, yet!!

hello m8

send me your address and ill send u a cd with a load of top mp3s on it

regards

Social source share

ORGASMIC

oohhh yess

best thing on shrine by a mile (that or just possibly This Time) IMO

thanks matt for the soundfile

can't find any of my bloody kent or goldmine shrine cds

Social source share

Thanks very much!! You've made my lunch hour! Wow, what a tune, but I'd still rate Ray Pollard-"No More Like Me" as the top tune from the Shrine catalog.

-Mike

Me too, followed very closely by The D.C.Blossoms, "I know about her".

Guaranteed to get me singing into the hairbrush, not my hairbrush, as i don't own one. I've got no need for one :thumbsup:

Social source share

Me too, followed very closely by The D.C.Blossoms, "I know about her".

Guaranteed to get me singing into the hairbrush, not my hairbrush, as i don't own one. I've got no need for one :thumbsup:

"...and my poor heart pounded JUST LIKE THUN-DER" what a line...'nuff said.

Social source share

can't find any of my bloody kent or goldmine shrine cds

Kent CD:

Shrine - The Rarest Soul Label - Vol 2 - CDKEN 190

yeh i've got it simon, i just can't find it

got loads of empty cd cases and no cds

poor cd discipline i'm afraid

Social source share

Thanks very much!! You've made my lunch hour! Wow, what a tune, but I'd still rate Ray Pollard-"No More Like Me" as the top tune from the Shrine catalog.

-Mike

One Gold Piece is the top tune for me run a close second by Dream My Heart.

I should be saying No Other Way and Guess Who Loves You as I've got them :yes: But can't deny how good the Prophets and Shirley Edwards are :thumbsup:

Social source share

I don't think anyone's pointed out yet that there are at least two pretty radically different takes of "One Gold Piece". The one that was posted up here a couple of months ago (from an original 45 or from one of the Shrine CDs?) is completely different to the take used on the Horace's lp "Capital City Soul Volume 2". I'm assuming the latter cut was the version first played on the scene, as at that time the 45 was only thought to exist and was yet to turn up in actuality.

Social source share

I don't think anyone's pointed out yet that there are at least two pretty radically different takes of "One Gold Piece". The one that was posted up here a couple of months ago (from an original 45 or from one of the Shrine CDs?) is completely different to the take used on the Horace's lp "Capital City Soul Volume 2". I'm assuming the latter cut was the version first played on the scene, as at that time the 45 was only thought to exist and was yet to turn up in actuality.

i believe andy rix has got several different takes including (i think from memory, don't quote me!) an a capella version gareth

Social source share

Think the one Butch used to spin was a different take to the 45.

your memory is a million times better than mine chalky, sure you're right about that

how do you remember all this stuff, seriously? i can't remember what i did last week!

think as i say andy has other versions also, inc one where theres a bit of chat on the tape though with my memory that could be total bollocks ! :thumbsup:

Social source share

i believe andy rix has got several different takes including (i think from memory, don't quote me!) an a capella version gareth

prophets accapela version.

prophets accapela version.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!