• Replies 39
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

Can anyone tell me what Marshall Donovan and Broomfield went for recently too?

Oi Salty it's not finished yet >>MDB<< but with 4 days left and at £619 i know someone who is pig sick that they sold theirs last year :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Which bloody one ?

Sorry John being a bit thick there ! Why so much ? If that is bloody rare, I have just won Mr Skinny U.K !

There were shed loads of them about in the early 90s couldnt sell it for love nor money !

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Sorry John being a bit thick there ! Why so much ? If that is bloody rare, I have just won Mr Skinny U.K !

There were shed loads of them about in the early 90s couldnt sell it for love nor money !

Gavster,

Aaaah you underestimate the power of a few plays from Butch and Keb, look what happened to the Exportations and MDB was always harder

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Gavster,

Aaaah you underestimate the power of a few plays from Butch and Keb, look what happened to the Exportations and MDB was always harder

So in 11 years and two Jd's playing it an increase of around 614 quid very nice to :thumbsup:

Social source share

sold one of these for £150 3 or 4 years ago. Didn't think it was nearly £700 rare nowadays :D

PS Hi Robin, good to see you on here :D Drop me an e-mail I've lost your address :thumbsup:

to be fair, before the MDB went off on manships auctions the most it had sold for (and was selling for just recently) was about £250...which begs the question (again) about who really does buy these records at such inflated prices and WHY :unsure: and leads us on to the latest in online auctions with a nice little dig about a certain dealers auction methods...no prizes for guessing who... :shhh:

https://www.raresoulvinyl.co.uk/auctions.asp

personally i dont agree with these 'closed' auctions either, be interesting to see what people think ph34r.gif

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

Cheers for that Chalky - I'll mail you off list soon! picked up your PM on Ems too. Mr Nightingale - less of the abuse I'm a SS virgin! Gavin - ssshhhhh re price of MDB. Personally I much prefer the flip "Let Me Down Easy". Great memories of Arthur playing this in '81. Dave Thorley did play "SIFMB" at Stafford I recall (does that put a few more pound notes on value?!) He used to also say MDB had been banged up for doing a bank robbery. Any one ever substantiate that!

Would never have dreamt of selling it but with the price at this level it would have to be done! Anyone with serious offers please get in touch!

Wish I still had Target now :-((((

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Cheers for that Chalky - I'll mail you off list soon! picked up your PM on Ems too. Mr Nightingale - less of the abuse I'm a SS virgin! Gavin - ssshhhhh re price of MDB. Personally I much prefer the flip "Let Me Down Easy". Great memories of Arthur playing this in '81. Dave Thorley did play "SIFMB" at Stafford I recall (does that put a few more pound notes on value?!) He used to also say MDB had been banged up for doing a bank robbery. Any one ever substantiate that!

Would never have dreamt of selling it but with the price at this level it would have to be done! Anyone with serious offers please get in touch!

Wish I still had Target now :-((((

Robin, it's all gone mad mate !

We would be worth a fookin million if we had sold uo now me thinks?

Swaped my Taget for Purple Monday which I then swaped for the Ivorys.

Oh what fun we used to have.

Do wish I had nevr let Butch have your Eugene Smiley that I purchased when you first moved up to the grim Norf .

Hope the 3 of ya are all good my old friend !

Social source share

Hey Gavin - less of the old - though I'm feeling it with the new arrival!!

Yeah - for a crystal ball and all that...It's all unbelievable really. I've still got the vast majority of my collection - but find it hard to justify holding on to stuff when it gets to 3 figures (mind you still got King Tutt and Family of Eve) as theres always so much new stuff I want. You'ld think we'ld grow out of this but my interest in all things soulful is as strong as ever.

Eugene Smiley is one of the best Modern Northern Stompers ever!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hey Gavin - less of the old - though I'm feeling it with the new arrival!!

Yeah - for a crystal ball and all that...It's all unbelievable really. I've still got the vast majority of my collection - but find it hard to justify holding on to stuff when it gets to 3 figures (mind you still got King Tutt and Family of Eve) as theres always so much new stuff I want. You'ld think we'ld grow out of this but my interest in all things soulful is as strong as ever.

You know it's funny i was talking to Vowlesy only last night and he was whinging because Pete Shirley had just told him that you sold King Tutt last year for a ton and he wants it real baaaaad :thumbsup: small world and the other thing he was whinging about was that he has just bought FoE on Full Sail and Pete still has his Jerri copy that he paid monkey nuts for :Dsad.gif:unsure:

It's like the twilight zone here.....................

NogBad the bloody aweful

Social source share

You know it's funny i was talking to Vowlesy only last night and he was whinging because Pete Shirley had just told him that you sold King Tutt last year for a ton and he wants it real baaaaad :thumbsup: small world and the other thing he was whinging about was that he has just bought FoE on Full Sail and Pete still has his Jerri copy that he paid monkey nuts for :lol::D:D

It's like the twilight zone here.....................

NogBad the bloody aweful

The lads must be getting confused...definately never sold my King Tutt! Brains addled - too many years following the Mighty Blues :-)

Social source share

The lads must be getting confused...definately never sold my King Tutt! Brains addled - too many years following the Mighty Blues :-)

Oh Dear , i used to see a King Tutt 12 '' at soul bowl laying in a pile ...in the same place for years and years . Does the Bill Harris 12'' actually exist btw

Social source share

Oh Dear , i used to see a King Tutt 12 '' at soul bowl laying in a pile ...in the same place for years and years . Does the Bill Harris 12'' actually exist btw

I very much doubt a 12" of Bill Harris does exist, as 1975 is pretty early on the history of the twelver. There were a few around that time on Buddah and Roulette,but I don't think there were many on RCA until a couple of years later when 'disco' kicked in.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Still got Pokes old copy I got off him at Clifton Hall...

Hi Robin, waistlines were a little slimmer in the 80's thumbsup.gif

Darran.

post-1832-1127938228_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Still got Pokes old copy I got off him at Clifton Hall...

Hi Robin, waistlines were a little slimmer in the 80's :)

Darran.

Hi Darran,

Nice to see you on here, I'm in shock after seeing that photo....Hair today gone tomorrow I suppose.

I noticed on here you've still got your DSOF...How jealous am I! You still in S.Yorks?

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Yes still got the D.S.O.F. getting closer to sending it to Mr Manship though, prices of 70's rarities seem totally crazy right now, gets harder to justify keeping things I hardly ever play.

Oh and yes, back in Rotherham......

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

Hey Rob , you still got ya All Ages Band " Going Away "

Simon

Just a thought ,

Their must be dozens of records in Modern Northern collections that are waiting to be reactivated because Butch and Keb ( as I remember ) were preoccupied with 6T's when these records were being played , perhaps some old deejays should come out of retirement .Hey Robin ?

Simon M :)

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Have the two price guide authors had a bit of a falling out or something? Some rather pointed statements on Anglos auction pages.

interesting that pete, all good fun

quite amusing to hear anglo criticisin a set-up which only exists to serve the dealer! cut your prices in half if you're serious, is the obvious response.

also interesting to see Tommy Ridgley described as a secret collectors' item till the 90s!

Social source share

also interesting to see Tommy Ridgley described as a secret collectors' item till the 90s!

...or see a Norwegian CBS art sleeve for Bettye Swann described as "a very special UK collectors item" :rolleyes:

Social source share

Have the two price guide authors had a bit of a falling out or something? Some rather pointed statements on Anglos auction pages.

could it be a response to the similarly pointed digs made about Timmy in JM's UK price guide in relation to DJ / Stock copy. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just a thought ,

Their must be dozens of records in Modern Northern collections that are waiting to be reactivated because Butch and Keb ( as I remember ) were preoccupied with 6T's when these records were being played , perhaps some old deejays should come out of retirement .Hey Robin ?

Simon M :ohmy:

From that era, I'm still trying to find the Jerome Jones desperately... could someone help me?? blush.gif

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!