MId-life crisis

Forty soon, and am thinking of selling up to finance a new sport car to try and pull “chicks” half my age – all part of the impending mid-life crisis!

With prices as they are now, I think should be able to afford a new Bedford Rascal van with a soft top!

Seriously now, has anyone sold their collection in the last 2-3 years and not regretted it?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mmmm... Don't know how successful "wanna come back to mine and see my Little Willie Faulk?" would be as a chat up line.

Don't think I can see that one working myself, but then again I'm a female darts player and we are an odd bunch ;-))

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Sold mine in the mid '90's - Dell-larks -£350, Martells-£200, Rita & Tiaras, Greater Experience, Betty Wilson, Ralph Graham-£40!! to name but a few.

Still cry myself to sleep with the stupidity of it!

DO NOT SELL! you WILL live to regret it!

OOPS! just been reminded that the Del-Larks was, in fact, Jo's, and not mine! (Funny how things in the box become 'Mine'!) Well.. thats bed with no 'supper' for me tonite!

Social source share

Sold my first collection in the mid-90s to get a deposit for a mortgage - good investment, as I still have the flat (and it's increased in value by £110,000!), but depressing to think what bargains I let go and for how much! Here's a few tear-jerking examples:

THE ISONICS: Sugar (Kammy) £5

NEW YORKERS: Don't Want To Be Your Fool (Tac-Ful) £50

GREATER EXPERIENCE: Don't Forget To Remember (Colony 13) £200

TY KARIM: Lighten Up Baby (Car-A-Mel) £250

JOANIE SOMMERS: Don't Pity Me (WB demo) £100 (swapped for Bobby Kline in 1985!)

CAJUN HART: Got To Find A Way (UK WB demo) £160

TONY WILLIAMS: How Come (UK Philips) £30

BIG FRANK & THE ESSENCES: I Won't Let Her See Me Cry (Blue Rock) £100

JOHN BOWIE: You're Gonna Miss A Good Thing (Merben DEMO) £80

WADE FLEMONS: That Other Place (Vee Jay) £25

Whoever reaped the benefits then must be some of the happiest people on the scene!!

Gene

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!