Flattening Warped Records

Emjaygee

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If its not too rare and you feel confident, microwave for between 10 & 15 seconds, then place on a flat surface and cover with a pile of albums or books, leave it for at least a few hours.

I just did the same with my spare but slightly warped copy of Gerri Diamond 'Only You' and the warp is barely recognisable now!

Dont overcook it, the label will peel!

cheers

Paul

:thumbsup:

Social source share

If its not too rare and you feel confident, microwave for between 10 & 15 seconds, then place on a flat surface and cover with a pile of albums or books, leave it for at least a few hours.

I just did the same with my spare but slightly warped copy of Gerri Diamond 'Only You' and the warp is barely recognisable now!

Dont overcook it, the label will peel!

cheers

Paul

would this work when a record has more of 'bubble' than a warp....my joe jama is otherwise mint but i'm shit scared of wrecking it...the bubble is near the intro and causes it to jump even when there is a bit more weight on the needle...

:unsure:

Social source share

Allright peeps, I've gone and done it! I offered one of the wife's singles to the cause and I've just put it under a pile of books after the microwave treatement. This better work or I'm dead. Watch this space...

Edited by jish
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

would this work when a record has more of 'bubble' than a warp....my joe jama is otherwise mint but i'm shit scared of wrecking it...the bubble is near the intro and causes it to jump even when there is a bit more weight on the needle...

surely if it's jumping then to have to try something .....

my alice clark album has a storage warp i could do with removing

Davie

Social source share

Well, after tests...my advice is this:

If your record is warped a little then leave it.

If its warped a lot...then buy a new one.

Now we know...and I need to hide from the wife :thumbsup:

Edited by jish
Social source share

Dead cert as follows.... put disc between 2 pieces of 10" x 10" x 8mm thk plexi glass or polycarbonate. Clamp edges using wooden battons. Stick out in sun for a couple of hours. Bring in leave clamped, and allow to cool right down slowly.... Presto, good as new, this will take out serious warps most of the time

Ahhh but remember Andy we live in the UK, sun and good weather is often hard to find, moreso in the wee highlands of bonny Scotland where fiends like the Gasher put up with warped record cos they're too bloloody tight to but flat ones :thumbsup:

By the way PM me about the Universals, had no luck elsewhere :unsure:

Mark

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

EASY NOW..

DID YOU KNOW COPPER WIRE WAS INVENTED BY TWO ABERDONIANS FIGHTING OVER A PENNY??

WHEN I DROP A COIN I BEND DOWN TO PICK IT UP AGAIN

SO FAST IT HITS ME ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD.

THE GASHER..TIGHT AS A DUCKS ARSE

BUT AS MOIST AS AN OTTERS POCKET.

WARPED ONES ARE MORE FUN..

Edited by The Gasher
Social source share

df0101.jpg

bakes @ 60 faren. for 4 hours to correct any warp

sold only in Japan around $900

if anyone needs an important record fixed i can provide contact for very trusted dealer

cheers,

Tenyu

Social source share

Dead cert as follows.... put disc between 2 pieces of 10" x 10" x 8mm thk plexi glass or polycarbonate. Clamp edges using wooden battons. Stick out in sun for a couple of hours. Bring in leave clamped, and allow to cool right down slowly.... Presto, good as new, this will take out serious warps most of the time

Alternativly you could purchase a flat hot plate from a Brewing shop and place the Record between the glass onto the hot plate. My dad used to have one for keeping his demijons warm...... :thumbsup:

Social source share

df0101.jpg

bakes @ 60 faren. for 4 hours to correct any warp

sold only in Japan around $900

if anyone needs an important record fixed i can provide contact for very trusted dealer

cheers,

Tenyu

Hello Tenyu; please email me at mikevague@hotmail.com; I would like to purchase this machine, if possible! Thanks. whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!