My Kind Of Soul

OK, looking back thru previous topics I know the subject of 80's stuff can provoke shock, horror, sneer etc..

but I thought I'd just post a small list of 80's gems that make me feel on top of the world.....

Robert White - Hold Me Tight

Ronnie McNeir - Follow Your Heart

Lanier & Co - Dancing In The Night

Surface - Stop Holding back

Second Image - Starting Again

Azymuth - May I have this dance

The System - Come As You Are

Cyndi Philips - Sacrifice

Howard Johnson - Much Too Much

Atlantic Star - Silver Shadow

B.T Express - Uptown Express

Beau Williams - All Because Of You

Chic - Believer

Well, a few anyway.

Anyone feelin' these?

Chris

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say Chris i am not that up on 80's soul, but i am a huge fan of 70's....but one i have from 1980 is Two Tons Of Fun.."Taking away Your Space" on Fantasy/Honey.....Manalive what an absolute incredible soul record that is.

Brett

Social source share

Guest mattmale

Any chance of some sound files of the above? I used to enjoy Atlantic Star and Jeffrey Osbourne at Stafford in the 80s. I even went out and bought 'Don't you get so mad' while it was in the charts and getting plays at nighters. The only time i've ever done that.

Matt

Social source share

"Taking away Your Space"

Haven't heard that one Brett.......Sorry.

I guess I grew up listening to and lovin' the 80's grooves and that's 'my' sound, if it's inappropriate for this forum I'm sure I'll be corrected in due course!

Chris

Social source share

Sound files....Hmm.

I'll see what I can do.

I've only posted one link with sound and that was an external link.

What's the 'standard' way of posting sound clips on this forum?

Chris

Social source share

OK, looking back thru previous topics I know the subject of 80's stuff can provoke shock, horror, sneer etc..

but I thought I'd just post a small list of 80's gems that make me feel on top of the world.....

Robert White - Hold Me Tight

Ronnie McNeir - Follow Your Heart

Lanier & Co - Dancing In The Night

Surface - Stop Holding back

Second Image - Starting Again

Azymuth - May I have this dance

The System - Come As You Are

Cyndi Philips - Sacrifice

Howard Johnson - Much Too Much

Atlantic Star - Silver Shadow

B.T Express - Uptown Express

Beau Williams - All Because Of You

Chic - Believer

Well, a few anyway.

Anyone feelin' these?

Chris

Lanier & co

Beau Williams & Cyndi Phillips..................chooons my man

:thumbsup: . There was an 80`s topic a while ago... sorry cant find a link for it, i was lookng through Manships 80`s stuff last night, there`s a few bargins to be had :yes::yes:

Social source share

Cyndi Philips - One of those 'can't wait to get home' moments when I finally found a copy of that baby........ still awesome everytime I play it.

And Beau Williams just seems to impress everyone who hears it, even if they're not soul lovers.....

Chris

Social source share

Guest mattmale

I've only posted one link with sound and that was an external link.

What's the 'standard' way of posting sound clips on this forum?

Chris

Use the browse button under File Attachments when you reply to upload your files and add a soundfile as an attachment to your post. :thumbsup:

Social source share

"Taking away Your Space"

Haven't heard that one Brett.......Sorry.

I guess I grew up listening to and lovin' the 80's grooves and that's 'my' sound, if it's inappropriate for this forum I'm sure I'll be corrected in due course!

Chris

No Chris not inappropiate at all, we welcome all genres of soul on Soul Source (even though a few can't see beyond 1969 :thumbsup: )..the 2 tons o' fun is a tremendous builder with incredible vocals, bought this from Rod Dearlove many moons ago.

Brett :yes:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Gotta say Chris i am not that up on 80's soul, but i am a huge fan of 70's....but one i have from 1980 is Two Tons Of Fun.."Taking away Your Space" on Fantasy/Honey.....Manalive what an absolute incredible soul record that is.

Brett

What do you expect from Martha Wash Bretski a superbly soulful diva

Check out "I've been down" by Sylvester which has TTOF on backing as did all his stuff pretty much, they did their own version on honey and fantasy but Sylvester's Fantasy LP version is Da Bomb gritty seventies rare groove and then some (and not a falsetto in sight)

Trouty

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Cyndi Philips - One of those 'can't wait to get home' moments when I finally found a copy of that baby........ still awesome everytime I play it.

And Beau Williams just seems to impress everyone who hears it, even if they're not soul lovers.....

Chris

Such a big fan of the man."Give Me Up" Still does it to me every time !

To be honest so much over looked from that period. As a youngster living near Blue Bird Records with me best mate working there, looking back I left so much behind.

Played Active Force the other week does not sound to bad again ?

Thats it,80s fest to be had me thinks

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Also some less well-known Paul Hardcastle material from the 80's.

Chris

How many??? N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-nineteeeeeeeen?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!