Alexander Patten Or Patton?

Apologies if this question has been asked before but what's the correct spelling on the US pressing of A lil lovin sometimes? And how can you definitely tell the difference between the original and bootlegs?

Some say it's easy to spot the bootlegs because it should be spelt Patton (like the UK pressing). However I have never seen it spelt Patton on US Capitol.

Others say the title should be all in one line, where as some think not.

I am selling a copy I bought for a few quid about 20 odd years ago but would rather withdraw it if it's a boot. The deadwax simply states 45-55998-P1, should there be more?

There are scans of various US copies with 1 line/2 line titles on popsike.com, all spelt Patten. Are some original and some boots?

Also has anyone got a scan of an original High Keys - Living a Lie - Verve? Was selling a copy I thought was original but had to retract bids cos I was made aware that it looks like a boot.

That's not a problem, wouldn't want to sell a boot as an original, but have only seen copies like mine or the DJ copy. The deadwax reads 100,059. If it is a boot, why aren't there many knocking around?

I know I've asked a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It's Patten on both boot and original. However the title "A Lil Lovin' Sometimes" is on one line on the original and on two lines on the boot.

Capitol have supposedly released the record with the title on two lines and surname spelt Patton but not sure if this has ever been seen.

There is also a daisy matrix stamped in the runout of the originals, there is also an "I" stasmped as well. No stamps on the boots.

Social source share

Cheers Chalky,

Pretty much as I expected on the Alexander Patten issue.

Not having much joy with the High Keys query though.

Right let`s put this Original or Boot thing to bed,the High Keys original came

out on four label designs as shown in scans,blue issue,black issue,

pale blue demo and a yellow demo,the label design on the one your

trying to sell on Ebay is a BOOT,i hope this clears it up :lol:

Dave f..........

Right let`s put this Original or Boot thing to bed,the High Keys original came

out on four label designs as shown in scans,blue issue,black issue,

pale blue demo and a yellow demo,the label design on the one your

trying to sell on Ebay is a BOOT,i hope this clears it up :thumbsup:

Dave f..........

post-2848-1127689431_thumb.jpg

post-2848-1127689507_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Cheers guys,

Have seen both Dj copies for sale recently, but just haven't seen any regular copies on blue or black, mind you haven't been looking either.

Was offered £20 for boot so can't complain. Got to like it though so might keep hold of it after all ph34r.gif

I know I've been out of touch for many years but for someone who knows what they're talking about isn't it a bit daft to press it on pale blue with regular print? :unsure:

Anyway, thanks again :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!