soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest jinx74

apologize in advance for the bump but i have more auctions up for you to look at...

https://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...5&since=-1&rd=1

coming up on thursday:

Cal-Ful Allstars - Blank-Out (C&F)

Pat Hunt - Super Cool (Early Bird)

Rhythm Machine - Freakish Love (Rodan)

Barrons - Im So Lonely (Alithia)

Topaz - It Wasnt A Lie (Toxsan)

Johnnie Morisette - Im Hungry (J&J)

Evelyn Thomas - Youve Got That Something (Pirate)

Social source share

Guest micksmith

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS GUY?. NEEDS 3 POST'S TO SELL A RECORD.

PS- IT'S NOT ONE OF THE "RAREST NORTHERN SOUL RECORDS ON THE PLANET". INFACT IT'S NOT EVEN NORTHERN. HE MUST BE AMERICAN ME THINKS. WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO HIM WHAT A "NORTHERN SOUL RECORD " IS.

Social source share

Ha,ha Mick leave the guy alone, or i'll keep asking you to play it at 100 club...........(i actually love the track...but what the hell i'm not going to argue with you Mick.........)

Social source share

Guest jinx74

PS- IT'S NOT ONE OF THE "RAREST NORTHERN SOUL RECORDS ON THE PLANET". INFACT IT'S NOT EVEN NORTHERN. HE MUST BE AMERICAN ME THINKS. WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO HIM WHAT A "NORTHERN SOUL RECORD " IS.

Nathan Williams... just another soul record from Los Angeles. Definitely NOT northern soul! bid low and make fun of the american...

Social source share

Jinx74, no need for that my man,Mick is a very respected DJ in the UK, and he knows what he is on about, i think you took his post a little to serious......

Social source share

Guest jinx74

this fast reply option is NICE! damn this site is real nice... just wanted to get that out of the way...

my apologies then Mick. didnt realize you were just busting my balls...

ill delete my post then if theres an option to do that...

americans dont always the wit yall have. i like it... but were always on the defensive like the bitches we are! ha!

Social source share

Guest jinx74

I'D BETTER WATCH OUT OR I MAY BE VISITED BY THE GREEN BERET'S.

i dont get it is this more british humour that im not understanding?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong wron wrong!!!!! All dribble!! It is northern - and a crackin piece of it at that and... I believe it's one of Mr. Manship himself's faves so :-P ...and $787.77!!?? (imagine outraged look on my face) The UA release made $850 last year but this... the first issue???? I'm outraged to find it made less than 1,000 QUID!! At one time there were only thought to be two or three of 'em this side of the woods!

Social source share

I nearly died happy when Arthur played this in the Modern room at Cleethorpes. Pure Class. No other words to describe it. I'd have bought it myself if I had the cash. Great voice. Stunning production. Infinitely more soulful than the other big money stuff at the moment. And I haven't heard anyone else play it out.

Social source share

Highly over rated record IMO. It is also so extremely slow that all DJ's I have heard/seen play it play it very pitched, and even then it is too slow. A half decent beat ballad/x-over record, no more if you ask me. I am surprised it ever did sell for four figures (in UK pounds), which it has done on both labels a few years ago.

Social source share

Thats the beauty of this scene Christian my freind, we all enjoy so many different things, i think the track is outstanding, by the way never really liked it when a song is pitched faster always like to hear the real deal.

( i'm certain the Rose Valentine(Little Ann) c/up was played faster than the original master , or was that just the recording Richard Searling had ?)

Social source share

Pitching is very common it seems, don't actually think I ever heard Nathan Williams on correct speed at a venue. In some cases it does make sense to alter the speed, but most of the time I think one should simply play a fast record, if one wants fast. I think Nathan Williams is a more than reasonable record, just over-rated and hyped, at least it was hyped a few years ago.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!