Robert Tanner Puzzle?

Guest Trevski

Here are two versions of Sweet memories-Robert Tanner.

First is the 'normal verion played out by Andy D etc, with backing singers, and more backing music.

Second is a 'sparce' version without so much backing, and no singers.

whats the story here?? Have had the sparce version on itunes for ages, and got so used to hearing it that when Andy played the 'normal' version I had to ask what it was!!

Sure Carl F had the sparce version, so does anyone know what the story is?

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here are two versions of Sweet memories-Robert Tanner.

First is the 'normal verion played out by Andy D etc, with backing singers, and more backing music.

Second is a 'sparce' version without so much backing, and no singers.

whats the story here?? Have had the sparce version on itunes for ages, and got so used to hearing it that when Andy played the 'normal' version I had to ask what it was!!

Sure Carl F had the sparce version, so does anyone know what the story is?

the second version is the one off the nusounds lp on turbo

Social source share

Aha! thanks guys. I new there was a lp version, but I thought it was more 70's having heard someone say 'that horrible 70's version on the lp" presume they now meant a 70's lp, and not a '70's version' 'cause the 45 sounds more 70's than the lp!!

I actualy like the lp version a lot!

ps can anyone put me up a full mp3 of the 45????

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

ps can anyone put me up a full mp3 of the 45????

Don't bother guys!

Just hi-jacked it from the sounds section! :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Not sure , it's very rare , plus the sound quality is supposed to be terrible .The P- Vine re- issue isn't very good either .Best ,Eddie.

sound quality is shite on both, possibly one reason for it's rarity, withdrawn? Wouldn't like to put a price on the Turbo one, Robert Tanner is in demand so could fetch ridiculous price in an auction. P-Vine one does crop up with regularity both on lists and e-bay. One on a list recently for £50, missed one on e-bay for about the same price recently.

Social source share

sound quality is shite on both, possibly one reason for it's rarity, withdrawn? Wouldn't like to put a price on the Turbo one, Robert Tanner is in demand so could fetch ridiculous price in an auction. P-Vine one does crop up with regularity both on lists and e-bay. One on a list recently for £50, missed one on e-bay for about the same price recently.

if this helps anyone i paid £200 for turbo lp in 1995 and never seen another for sale andy dyson had mine of me.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!