Northampton Weekender - Saturday Passes

Hi

Due to being inundated with phone calls and so many people asking me at soul nights about Saturday passes for the Northampton Weekender, I can let you know that I will be releasing around 100 Saturday night passes priced at £32.50 each. This of course is the night when CHUCK JACKSON, THE MASQUERADERS, THE ADORABLES (feat PAT LEWIS, DIANE LEWIS & BETTY BOO) and BARBARA MERCER are all appearing! The live acts on stage between 11pm - 1.30am!

I would prefer if you either booked them first or reserved them with me (you can reserve them, then pay for them on the night) that way I can keep a check on numbers attending as I don't want to go over the venue limit which could easily happen!

To book with a credit card or to reserve them and pay on the night call the hot-line 01604 759719 or e-mail me to reserve them at - gradyp@talk21.com or send an e-mail message direct from this forum. It will be first come first served and once the passes have all gone then no more will be available! So don't leave it to late!

Cheers

Paddy :thumbsup:

• Replies 51
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi

Due to being inundated with phone calls and so many people asking me at soul nights about Saturday passes for the Northampton Weekender, I can let you know that I will be releasing around 100 Saturday night passes priced at £32.50 each. This of course is the night when CHUCK JACKSON, THE MASQUERADERS, THE ADORABLES (feat PAT LEWIS, DIANE LEWIS & BETTY BOO) and BARBARA MERCER are all appearing! The live acts on stage between 11pm - 1.30am!

I would prefer if you either booked them first or reserved them with me (you can reserve them, then pay for them on the night) that way I can keep a check on numbers attending as I don't want to go over the venue limit which could easily happen!

To book with a credit card or to reserve them and pay on the night call the hot-line 01604 759719 or e-mail me to reserve them at - gradyp@talk21.com or send an e-mail message direct from this forum. It will be first come first served and once the passes have all gone then no more will be available! So don't leave it to late!

Cheers

Paddy :D

The prize for the quickest response goes to Del!! :lol: Just about finished posting it and she was phoning!! :thumbsup:

The Saturday passes are already going quickly though, so dont leave it to late if you want to reserve them.

Cheers

Paddy

Luvs ya too darling, mwa mwa,tell chucks mine's a Guiness extra cold mate, can't wait till saturday night :shades::lol: let's put Northampton onto the soul map yeah, del xx

Hi Del

Yes hopefully this will be a well received weekender, all the signs are for something just that bit special and if it goes well the next one schedualed for May, will be just as good, we have another stunning line up booked!

Cheers

Paddy :lol:

ooh er i cant wait not long now...hopefully i will see a few faces i know cos it aint my usual neck of the woods :lol: ..not even met you yet paddy..i wil be the flustered one running through the door with me records fri nite ( late )....... :lol:

cookie :shades:

Cookie

I will keep a special look out for ya then! :lol:

Cheers

Paddy :P

I'll be limping into town about 3pm Saturday so get the beers in......lol

Really looking forward to this event now should be awesome!!!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

you wont have to limp far Mark cos just cross the road from the railway station is the Black Lion which does a fine range of ales, including the local Frog Island Brew which revives many a weary traveller, are you coming down on your own? Del x

£32.50

thmbdn.gif your having a laugh Thirty Two Pounds 50p. thmbdn.gif I wouldn't pay more than Fifteen Quid, rather go to Micks do @ Whitworths in Wellingborough

:shades:

Edited by biddu

thmbdn.gif your having a laugh Thirty Two Pounds 50p. thmbdn.gif I wouldn't pay more than Fifteen Quid, rather go to Micks do @ Whitworths in Wellingborough

:shades:

===========

Why is it that some people seem to join SS, just to rubbish an event? And don't even have the good grace to leave their real name.

BIDDU, how can you hope to be taken seriously, when you shroud yourself in anonimity?

Winnie:)

===========

Why is it that some people seem to join SS, just to rubbish an event? And don't even have the good grace to leave their real name.

BIDDU, how can you hope to be taken seriously, when you shroud yourself in anonimity?

Winnie:)

No not rubbishing an event at all ! Just stateing that Thirty Two Pounds 50p is to much for my wallet, I am on benifits for health reasons & could never justify spending that amount on a night out , I would love to see the see all the artists at this event but sadly no Nothern Events that I know of give consessions for the less well off

Banny St Albans

Edited by biddu

No not rubbishing an event at all ! Just stating that Thirty Two Pounds 50p is to much for my wallet, I am on benifits for health reasons & could never justify spending that amount on a night out , I would love to see the see all the artists at this event but sadly very few Nothern Events give consetions for the less well off

Banny St Albans

Hi Biddu

I am sorry to hear of your health problems and hope you get back to 100% very soon. You cannot really mean you would sooner go to that little room at Whitworths Football Club in Wellingborough (where I have been a few times!) rather than see all time soul legends singing live and on stage in the UK such as Chuck Jackson, The Masqueraders, The Adorables (Pat Lewis, Diane Lewis & Betty Boo) and Barbara Mercer. I understand that for some it is a lot of money, but dont forget I am flying these acts over to perform, in Chuck's case for the first time in almost 20 years, and the first ever for Betty Boo and Barbara Mercer and sadly that dont come cheap!!

Cheers

Paddy

No not rubbishing an event at all ! Just stateing that Thirty Two Pounds 50p is to much for my wallet, I am on benifits for health reasons & could never justify spending that amount on a night out , I would love to see the see all the artists at this event but sadly no Nothern Events that I know of give consessions for the less well off

Banny St Albans

==============

Soz but the tone of your mail inferred that the event was overpriced whatever, as you said you'd only pay 15 quid. Apologies if I misconstrued your intent.

Winnie:-)

Are you being serious ? You really dont think the acts that are on are worth 32 quid !!

well if you look at the fact that my lad wanted to go see Mc flippin fly locally :lol: ..and i would have had to pay £48 :lol: for a child to see sum hairy youths on stage for 40 minutes,,it hardly compares does it :unsure:

cookie ph34r.gif

And i remember paying £3.00 when i was 14 to see Mud featuring the now late great legendary Les Grey at Lewisham Odeon which was a great deal of money then for a boy with a paper round, did i moan? no i was happy to pay this to see my favorite hip band of the 70's.

On a more serious note you have to take into account all the expences of putting such a show together and believe me i know having been involved in bringing Bettye Lavette over to perform in Blackpool only a few years ago now give or take a few quid that one off alldayer cost around £13,000.00 yes thirteen thousand pounds to put on, god knows what Paddy has on the line for this event? I also promoted Barbara Acklin over here back in 1992 and i lost my shirt on that one trust me! just a run down of the major expences you are dealing with here.....Flights, performance fee,hotel and feeding the artists,advertising, printing costs of flyers, press advertising, Backing band hire, DJ's fees, security/door staff, PA hire, telephone calls often many to the USA and UK based calls, petrol for running around to promote event and numerous other hidden costs which surface as the promotion starts......now promoters have a choice to do this and yes it's down to them but often it's done as a labour of love for the entertainment and enjoyment of others on the soul scene and if it's a big success financially then fair play i say for having the balls to put something on such as this, now it's a shame if some people can not afford the admission prices or choose not to attend but spare a thought for the commitment, passion and dedication behind such a promotion it's to be commended, all promotions are a risk some greater than others and as Cookie pointed out to go and see a pop band circa 2005 or as i did with Mud back in the 70's you have to pay the going rate and to be honest i think £32.50 to see the likes of Chuck Jackson, Barbara Mercer, Pat Lewis, Betty Boo, Diane Lewis and The Masqueraders, some outstanding DJ's, luxury first class venue, is a small price to pay! and another point when are you going to get the chance to see these acts again, ok live acts are not everyone's bag on the soul scene but for me it's a way of saying thanks for the joy and pleasure their records have given us over the years and to see Barbara Mercer on stage there in front of me singing 'Call On Me' well it would be rude not to be there really...lol

Good luck Paddy and to everyone wherever you choose to go this coming weekend.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

well if you look at the fact that my lad wanted to go see Mc flippin fly locally :lol: ..and i would have had to pay £48 :lol: for a child to see sum hairy youths on stage for 40 minutes,,it hardly compares does it :unsure:

cookie ph34r.gif

Exactly! Chuck Jackson will be on stage for about 90 minutes I would think!! He is performing about 18 sings alone, with the Adorables, The Masqueraders and Barbara Mercer doing 4 songs each! I really do hope that is considered giving the paying public good value!! I didn't for a moment think that is was overpriced! Add to that, the venue is not a football club room, but the ballroom of a 4 star hotel!

Still some Saturday passes available!! Call 01604 759719 to reserve them!

Cheers

Paddy

Personally I'd crawl over hot coals for 15 miles to see The Adorables sing "Ooh Boy"

Steve

I am with you on this one!! One of the highlights this weekend for me is seeing the girls perform Ooh Boy as well! It will be sensational!

Cheers

Paddy

I'm so looking forward to The Masqueraders singing 'How' and Barbara Mercer doing 'Call On Me' i reckon these are gonna be magic moments to cherish and say in years to come 'I was there' can't wait, also looking forward to playing a few tunes and sinking a few cold ones....see you at the bar.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Just a quick question!! Anyone know why this thread has the 'moved' message on?

Paddy :unsure:

Would have been moved to the correct forum 'Events' as this is event discution :lol:

Yes I can see that now!! :unsure: When I first posted the question it was still showing the General board!!

Cheers

Paddy thumbsup.gif

Just out of interest, Paddy, will you be on the Anglia local News about the weekender ? if so when? do you need a agent :unsure:thumbsup.gif:yes: Del xx

Hi Del

Yes the local BBC & ITV Anglia news should both be attending! :lol: Is it 10% fees as my agent! :lol::D

Cheers

Paddy

Are you being serious ? You really dont think the acts that are on are worth 32 quid !!

If Chuck Jackson is half as good as he was at Yarmouth in 1990 he will be worth the full price of the weekend, let alone £32.50!!! I spent most of the the day with him back then, watched him rehearse, chatted and then watched a superb performance that night, best live act I've seen bar none!!!

Wish I was going :D

If Chuck Jackson is half as good as he was at Yarmouth in 1990 he will be worth the full price of the weekend, let alone £32.50!!! I spent most of the the day with him back then, watched him rehearse, chatted and then watched a superb performance that night, best live act I've seen bar none!!!

Wish I was going :D

Yes I saw him at that one! Likewise it has always stood out for me as one of the best I have seen, hopefully Saturday will be just as special!! Real shame you cant get down here for it!

Cheers

Paddy

And i remember paying £3.00 when i was 14 to see Mud featuring the now late great legendary Les Grey at Lewisham Odeon which was a great deal of money then for a boy with a paper round, did i moan? no i was happy to pay this to see my favorite hip band of the 70's.

On a more serious note you have to take into account all the expences of putting such a show together and believe me i know having been involved in bringing Bettye Lavette over to perform in Blackpool only a few years ago now give or take a few quid that one off alldayer cost around £13,000.00 yes thirteen thousand pounds to put on, god knows what Paddy has on the line for this event? I also promoted Barbara Acklin over here back in 1992 and i lost my shirt on that one trust me! just a run down of the major expences you are dealing with here.....Flights, performance fee,hotel and feeding the artists,advertising, printing costs of flyers, press advertising, Backing band hire, DJ's fees, security/door staff, PA hire, telephone calls often many to the USA and UK based calls, petrol for running around to promote event and numerous other hidden costs which surface as the promotion starts......now promoters have a choice to do this and yes it's down to them but often it's done as a labour of love for the entertainment and enjoyment of others on the soul scene and if it's a big success financially then fair play i say for having the balls to put something on such as this, now it's a shame if some people can not afford the admission prices or choose not to attend but spare a thought for the commitment, passion and dedication behind such a promotion it's to be commended, all promotions are a risk some greater than others and as Cookie pointed out to go and see a pop band circa 2005 or as i did with Mud back in the 70's you have to pay the going rate and to be honest i think £32.50 to see the likes of Chuck Jackson, Barbara Mercer, Pat Lewis, Betty Boo, Diane Lewis and The Masqueraders, some outstanding DJ's, luxury first class venue, is a small price to pay! and another point when are you going to get the chance to see these acts again, ok live acts are not everyone's bag on the soul scene but for me it's a way of saying thanks for the joy and pleasure their records have given us over the years and to see Barbara Mercer on stage there in front of me singing 'Call On Me' well it would be rude not to be there really...lol

Good luck Paddy and to everyone wherever you choose to go this coming weekend.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

:angry:

Shirt and trousers puttin on the bands back in the 70's in Mansfield.

stae of affairs

Arthur Conley big loss

Vinegar Joe broke even

Staus Quo borrowed money to pay the band in debt for a couple of years

Radio 1 djs broke even.

Mac and Katie Kissoon broke even

Geno Washington minor loss

soul duo and obsure little band made a chuffing profit

whos to know what goes on in the mind of the punter,but 32.50 for legends isnt a lot to pay to see people live,who you may never get the chance to see ever again,

We pay that much to see alleged superstars and more in most cases,and we begrudge paying a pittance to see the only ones who can put Northern into the eyes of those watching,pity im committed elsewhere or I would be tongue hanging,at the front of the stage.Which is why I think it an honour to assist at Cleethorpes the way I do and have met and made some wonderful friends through the years.and can go to the states and have a choice of places to stay.

get along and enjoy,and do it in the name of solid soul fans all over the uk. :D:D Doug

:angry:

Shirt and trousers puttin on the bands back in the 70's in Mansfield.

stae of affairs

Arthur Conley big loss

Vinegar Joe broke even

Staus Quo borrowed money to pay the band in debt for a couple of years

Radio 1 djs broke even.

Mac and Katie Kissoon broke even

Geno Washington minor loss

soul duo and obsure little band made a chuffing profit

whos to know what goes on in the mind of the punter,but 32.50 for legends isnt a lot to pay to see people live,who you may never get the chance to see ever again,

We pay that much to see alleged superstars and more in most cases,and we begrudge paying a pittance to see the only ones who can put Northern into the eyes of those watching,pity im committed elsewhere or I would be tongue hanging,at the front of the stage.Which is why I think it an honour to assist at Cleethorpes the way I do and have met and made some wonderful friends through the years.and can go to the states and have a choice of places to stay.

get along and enjoy,and do it in the name of solid soul fans all over the uk. :D:D Doug

Hi Doug

Thanks for those nice words mate!! You have summed up my feelings perfectly! Thanks again!

Cheers

Steve

I am with you on this one!! One of the highlights this weekend for me is seeing the girls perform Ooh Boy as well! It will be sensational!

Cheers

Paddy

DON'T THINK I KNOW THAT ONE....JUST KIDDING !!!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE TALKED ABOUT FOR A LONG TIME

I CAN'T BELIEVE FOLKS WONT SACRIFICE A BIT TO MAKE THIS ONE

I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE PRIORITIES YET I FEEL

(LIKE THE DELLS) THIS MAY NOT EVER HAPPEN AGAIN .

THIS LINE-UP IS A DREAM COME TRUE.

SEE YOU FRIDAY CHEERS....CHRIS M :D

thmbdn.gif your having a laugh Thirty Two Pounds 50p. thmbdn.gif I wouldn't pay more than Fifteen Quid, rather go to Micks do @ Whitworths in Wellingborough :D

a few years ago Frank Sinatra was on @ The Albert Hall in London, And it was extremly expensive, So we passed on seeing him, not long after that he passed on, Never to be seen again, Wish we had paid whatever the price was to see him, Somethings you can't put a price on, you have got to see them while you have the chance....

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck

Hi Chris

Yes I know what you mean, if I was not involved promoting this event, I would bust a gut to get to it, no matter what I had to do to get there! But that is just me, I quite understand if people have other things lined up for this weekend!

Cheers

Paddy

:D Just spoken to a couple from the Gallery who are also coming down Saturday,looks like us Eastside Massives will be well represented then whistling.gif Del xx

Hi Del

Sounds good to me!! :lol:

Oh my :yes::yes::( Just been to meet and greet the great man Chuck Jackson at the hotel! :( He has arrived safely here in the UK and cant wait to get on the stage to perform for us on Saturday night! He looks terrific! I hope I look that good when I am kinda mid 60's like he is (I doubt it! lol)

Crikey am I excited about it!! I have said it before anyone missing this event will regret it.!

Cheers

Records soughted, ironing done, even got a new tooth brush, train ticket arrived, shoes polished...wallet empty but i'll be there, good luck Paddy and enjoy the weekend, savour the success which you deserve for all your hard work.....let's do it!

Mark Bicknell.

Thanks for this Mark, looking forward to it all now! Lets get it started is what I say!

Chuck is here! The Masqueraders, Pat Lewis, Diane Lewis, Betty Boo and Barbara Mercer all arrive tomorrow! Rehearsals under way tomorrow and Friday, looking like a brilliant weekend is in store for us all!

Cheers

Paddy

Thanks for this Mark, looking forward to it all now! Lets get it started is what I say!

Chuck is here! The Masqueraders, Pat Lewis, Diane Lewis, Betty Boo and Barbara Mercer all arrive tomorrow! Rehearsals under way tomorrow and Friday, looking like a brilliant weekend is in store for us all!

Cheers

Paddy

Well it is go!! The Masqueraders have arrived in the UK safe and well and are on their way to the hotel! Pat Lewis, Diane Lewis, Barbara Mercer and Betty Boo all arrive a bit later!

Cheers

Paddy :)

Guest stash313

Well it is go!! The Masqueraders have arrived in the UK safe and well and are on their way to the hotel! Pat Lewis, Diane Lewis, Barbara Mercer and Betty Boo all arrive a bit later!

Cheers

Paddy :(

Paddy good luck with this one mate,

wish I could be there but alas not going to happen. The very best to you.

I know it'll be great.

Oh and Mr Bicknell are you sure you're upto it? we know how fragile your legs have been, don't want you being out of action for Bury in a few weeks do we! :)

Paddy good luck with this one mate,

wish I could be there but alas not going to happen. The very best to you.

I know it'll be great.

Oh and Mr Bicknell are you sure you're upto it? we know how fragile your legs have been, don't want you being out of action for Bury in a few weeks do we! :)

Thanks for this Sean, it is a shame you cant get down here, you would love it!! Chuck Jackson looking and sounding sensational!

I will try to stop Mark doing to many spins & backflips on his bad leg, so he is fit for Bury in a couple of weeeks! :(

We do still have some Saturday passes available, but not many!

Cheers

Paddy

Guest stash313

Thanks for this Sean, it is a shame you cant get down here, you would love it!! Chuck Jackson looking and sounding sensational!

I will try to stop Mark doing to many spins & backflips on his bad leg, so he is fit for Bury in a couple of weeeks! :)

We do still have some Saturday passes available, but not many!

Cheers

Paddy

Oh don't Paddy was desperate to see Chuck Jackson :(

I've only just started University so a weekender isn't a wise option. Would love to come on Saturday but with football on the sunday its a non starter.

Anyway have a cracker!

Yes take care of Mark, we all know how he can get carried away1 :P