Headsy

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest andycambs

Does this mean the Maple one is worth more than the Canyon label ?

I paid £1 for my Maple demo around 1982 as a blind ( or is it deaf ) purchase!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Maple is Canadian and first issue. Canyon US? Can't remember. Sure the Canyon release says taken from the Maple LP......

Should be a cheapie, not exactly rare :lol:

The copy Vinylvixen as got is the rare one,on a green label by somebody els but the same record,you`l have to ask Jo to find out more,and i got maple demo £25 of roger Stewart :thumbsup:

Social source share

Is it the demo that says taken from the Maple lp? Was there when you bought it Kenny.

Plonker that i am,its a canyon one,it says from Maple album 6000,anybody got the album and is good,and finaly how much?,cheers Chalky...

Social source share

The copy Vinylvixen as got is the rare one,on a green label by somebody els but the same record,you`l have to ask Jo to find out more,and i got maple demo £25 of roger Stewart :thumbsup:

That is The Crown Four on Lee John. It is a the same tune but a different take. I don't think there is any real differnce in value between Canyon and Maple. This used to be a £15 - £25 record not too long ago, when no one wanted it. It seems that it has been somewhat in-demand and been getting more than a few spins in the last couple of years which is why the price has gone up. I sold a Maple copy for £80 some time back.

Social source share

That is The Crown Four on Lee John. It is a the same tune but a different take. I don't think there is any real differnce in value between Canyon and Maple. This used to be a £15 - £25 record not too long ago, when no one wanted it. It seems that it has been somewhat in-demand and been getting more than a few spins in the last couple of years which is why the price has gone up. I sold a Maple copy for £80 some time back.

How much for Crown four then,any chance a scan or sound clip?

Social source share

About the same, or maybe even less? I don't think anyone is after it as a 'rare first version' or anything. Rarer than the others I think, but don' think that is reflected in price. The Chosen Few is a better and more powerful mix IMO, and therefore more desirable, if you ask me anyway. Far from certain though...

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Mines on Canyon, think it cost me about £40 last year :thumbsup: off ebay.....

It's a track that sounds great played at a small venue and is popular amongst collectors, not really sure if it's too well known amongst the mainstream northern crowd.....top track though, I like it :lol:

i've played it to mod and soul crowds and it goes down really well .....and it sounds expensive if you know what i mean

Davie

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

to some people maybe ... but it's all down to where you go and who you hear isn't it ? so it may be over played to you but not to other people

Davie

Social source share

QUOTE(kenneth aitchison @ Sep 25 2005, 03:41 PM)

About the same, or maybe even less? I don't think anyone is after it as a 'rare first version' or anything. Rarer than the others I think, but don' think that is reflected in price. The Chosen Few is a better and more powerful mix IMO, and therefore more desirable, if you ask me anyway. Far from certain though...

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CROWN FOUR IS A GREAT TOON IN ITS OWN RIGHT AND DESERVES TO BE PLAYED , DONT YOU THINK CHRISTIAN ?

Social source share

QUOTE(kenneth aitchison @ Sep 25 2005, 03:41 PM)

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CROWN FOUR IS A GREAT TOON IN ITS OWN RIGHT AND DESERVES TO BE PLAYED , DONT YOU THINK CHRISTIAN ?

I am not sure I have heard the other side "Love Of My Girl"(?) to be honest. I think I have at some point, but can't recall it, so not sure and therefore I can't really comment on it's musical qualities. Soundfile anyone please?

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I seem to remember liking 'taking all the love I can', is this the b / a side of the Maple issue, or have I imagined that?

well it's certainly on the canyon one ..... i think it is on both

Davie

Social source share

I remember them they done footsee,

B

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

you can go somewhere practically every week and hear this... same old same :lol:

Well some of us don't go that often so this list is a mine of information, An old Soul Bowl soul pack special from 25 years ago that I filed under "Taking all the love I can" and forgot about... :thumbsup:

Social source share

well it's certainly on the canyon one ..... i think it is on both

Davie

It is on the flip of both Maple and Canyon. This was the side that was played in the past, apparently and old Torch spin, or so I was told anyway.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I didnt know i had BOAP....!...i had it filed under the other side which used to get plays way back.....i apparently had a Canyon copy (crossed out in the book)........it goes to show how you can live in splendid ignorance if you dont attend much.......the scanned copy has a Bell Sound stamp.....btw Manships book has TATLIC as coming out twice on Maple...the other one Maple 9000 has a diff B side ("i can't take no chances" )....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!