SATURDAY 1ST OCTOBER 2005

8pm - 1am

THE THREE GREYHOUNDS

THE SHAKERLEY SUIT

NR MIDDLEWICH

NANTWICH

(10 MINS FROM J6 JCT 18 - Follow A54 approx 2 miles

turn right at The Salt Cellar Pub, right again and follow

the signs for Knutsford for approx 2 miles)

DJs - GARY POWELL, PETE BEST

GUEST DJs THIS MONTH - DAVE & JORDI RIPOLLES

FOR INFO CALL: KEV - 01606 832413/ GARY 07790 495420

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

8pm - 1am

THE THREE GREYHOUNDS

THE SHAKERLEY SUIT

NR MIDDLEWICH

NANTWICH

Mandy, can you please change this to Friday as I am in Nantwich next Friday night but not Saturday - cheers, go on you can do it :thumbsup: Just for me :lol:

Ah well there is no harm in trying, if you don't ask you don't get :D seems reasonable enough request to me. :D

QoF

xx

Edited by chrissieo

Sorry Chrissie out of my control :thumbsup: Come here instead :D:lol:

I think we are coming Mandybaby - we may have to miss the Orwell on Friday though. Have lost our regular dog sitter so 2 nights out in a row are now very difficult. We weren't able to make the last 3 Greyhounds so we owe them the honour of our company - poor buggers :D

I think we are coming Mandybaby - we may have to miss the Orwell on Friday though. Have lost our regular dog sitter so 2 nights out in a row are now very difficult. We weren't able to make the last 3 Greyhounds so we owe them the honour of our company - poor buggers :lol:

Be great to see you both again - only been here once but the chooones blew me away :D Are you bringing a CD with you Ali :D:thumbsup:

Be great to see you both again - only been here once but the chooones blew me away :lol: Are you bringing a CD with you Ali :D:thumbsup:

We shalth be thar, teeth glistening and all, with a desire to hear the finest crossover tunes around.......

P.s If you havn't been, check it out, it's a really nice venue, and the music is crossover at it's best.

See you all there :D

Guest Gavin Page

8pm - 1am

THE THREE GREYHOUNDS

THE SHAKERLEY SUIT

NR MIDDLEWICH

NANTWICH

Two of my fav' Jds would have liked to come to this but at Caister sod's law !

Two of my fav' Jds would have liked to come to this but at Caister sod's law !

That's a real shame .. would have been nice to see you after all these years :lol:

Next month Gary & Kev Etheridge or the guests - that will be something also :thumbsup:

John & Dian it will be lovely bubbly to see you both :D

Guest Gavin Page

That's a real shame .. would have been nice to see you after all these years :lol:

Next month Gary & Kev Etheridge or the guests - that will be something also :thumbsup:

John & Dian it will be lovely bubbly to see you both :D

The Etheridge Bro's both have great taste, if not playing anywhere see if I can make that one !

Guest Johnny One Trout

The Etheridge Bro's both have great taste, if not playing anywhere see if I can make that one !

Oh dear................................

Alison you shall be driving that night, you have been warned :thumbsup:

Guest Gavin Page

Oh dear................................

Alison you shall be driving that night, you have been warned :shades:

Oh dear is correct my old china, we can get right on it :lol: any Hotels near by ?

Oh dear is correct my old china, we can get right on it :lol: any Hotels near by ?

Gav there is a couple of hotels nearby ... I'll post info up when I get home and read the flyer (at work at the mo :lol: ). My rates for B&B are quite cheap but I live about 40 mins away :shades:

Pity this is on same nite as middleton but seeing as this finishes at 1am anyone who fancies the 30 min drive up the motorway to middleton will be more than welcome.we have a modern/crossover room as well as the other 2 rooms and we are on till at least 7am 5 mins from jct 19 m62.

Would love to Andy but got to be up early on the sunday for a family christening :lol: I'm sure it'll be great even without me though :shades:

Babysitter in place and the Stockport taxi ready for another magical mystery tour to the 3 Greyhounds. Pleeaasssee can somebody send me some really good foolproof directions. Last time we came we got hopelessly lost and drove round in circles for about an hour. PLus I didn't drive so I'd never remember how we got there in the end....ta very much in advance x

We will be there for sure....well as long as I can get Helen to go down that Middlewhich road again where she wrote by beloved car off the other week...so what if she spent 4 days in hospital, it was the best car I ever had....Loved the last one...awesome soul night...

See you there...

Chris.

ps, will have sales boxes just back from us......Kings of soul anyone!?

pps, drive carefully.....

We will be there for sure....well as long as I can get Helen to go down that Middlewhich road again where she wrote by beloved car off the other week...so what if she spent 4 days in hospital, it was the best car I ever had....Loved the last one...awesome soul night...

See you there...

Chris.

As your bestestest mate ... don't you dare let anyone else look through those boxes until I have :(:)

See you there...

Chris.

Chris, you should be able afford a nice car with those copies of Kings of Soul. :)

Jordi

You are right Jordi, I might even afford to put wheels on it if I was`nt keeping a copy for myself! Thats the thrill of going stateside....just that you might find that one record that makes the trip, I`ll never forget that feeling of turning the first copy......We had steak for tea that night...happy days..

See you saturday, looking forward to seeing you both again..

Chris

Guest Johnny One Trout

Superb night at the Three Greyhounds last night. Well done to Kev and the boys :huh: this night is really coming on :ohmy:

Jordi and Dave were as usual outstanding playing 3 of my biggest wants (Ellipsis, Flourescent Smog & the Emulations) and a fair few new things to me.

Top night great company (even Mandy :lol: ) and a chance to get lost less than ten miles away from where i'm from :huh:

Guest Johnny One Trout

Oh and for the record the address should be

THE THREE GREYHOUNDS

THE SHAKERLEY SUIT

NO WHERE NEAR MIDDLEWICH

AND NOWHERE NEAR NANTWICH

NOT TOO FAR FROM HOLMES CHAPEL

AND PRETTY CLOSE TO CRANAGE (famous for it's NUTHOUSE Where I will end up if i end up doing a tour of South Cheshire again :huh: )

John

Still dizzy from all the circles we went in :lol::huh::ohmy::lol:

Guest Adam G

Well I am never disappointed when Jordi and Dave are behind the decks, and last night they played a simply superb selection of records. Too tired to have dancing feet, it was a pleasure just to sit and listen. Nice one chaps :huh:

Play lists anyone?

Guest Johnny One Trout

They played stuff like

Purple Mundi, Flouescent Smog, C. Coulter, 4 Dynamics, Ellipsis, Emulations (move a little slower girl) Stan Martin, Milton Parker, Chi-Lites, Maureen Baily (Didn't know this niiiice) Norris Vines, Papa Bear & the Cubs and loads of other superb records.

C'mon Jordi get a list up :huh::ohmy:

Hi, we had a great time last night and unlike Johnny O' Trout we found the place very easily :D . It's a nice venue but there were some feedback problems which meant that the bass had to be virtually non existant on the mixer, but that can be sorted out for next time. Musically the night was quality late 60's / 70's crossover and was bang on from all the DJ's. Our brief was to play what the f*** we wanted and not to shy away from the obscure....which was nice. :yes:

Here ya go with the playlist in no particular order.

BJB-I got to make you believe in me (Tee-TI)

Gangbusters - Just want you to know (North Country Records)

Maureen Bailey -taking my time with you (Embee)

James D Hall - I Wanna Get Into You (JDH)

LeroyBarbour-I Aint going nowhere (Frontiersman)

Headliners - Little Sister (Super M)

Brand New-Thousand Years (Duvern)

Trey J's - I Found It All In You (Tee Gem)

Cloudburst- I'm Loving you (Stormy monday)

Betty Boo - Say It Isn't So (UK Grapevine)

C.Coulter-Cant fight the feeling (Dyco)

Nia Johnson -I'll Be Your Pleasure (Mainline)

Ellipsis -People (Briarmeade)

Vise - Baby I Love You (Chocolate Mamma)

Flourescent Smogg- All My Life (WJ)

O'Jays - Just To Be With You (Little Star)

Norris Vine- Give in (Smile)

The Committee - Give In To The Power Of Love (NMI)

4 Dynamics -Things a lady aint suppose to do (peachtree)

Skip Jackson - I'm Onto You Girl (Dot-Mar)

Bobby Hutton- Watch where you're going (ABC)

Rotations - I've Got To Find Her (DeBrossard)

Willie Pickett- On the stage of life (Eastern)

Emulations - Move A Little Slower Girl (Emulate)

Connie Laverne -Cant live without you (GSF)

King Tutt - You've Got Me Hung Up (Fun City)

Dutch Robinson - Can't Get Along Without You (UA)

Papa Bear and the cubs -You're so fine (SMS)

Nobodies Children - Shardarp (Toeholt)

Milton Parker -Women like it harder (Closet)

Wanda McWilliams and Universal Truth - Gangster Boy (Appleray test press)

Pat and the Blenders -Just Because (Fast Eddie)

Chi Lites - Stoned Out Of My Mind (Brunswick)

Kenni Lewis Whats her name (Buddah)

Blues Bag Ltd - I'm Gonna Love You (Plumm)

New Figurations - Nuts For Ya (ABS)

Purple Mundi Stop Hurtin me (Cat)

Village Choir - Sweet Hot Lips (NYC Street Sounds)

Stan Martin - Big Mouth Woman (Shatta)

Top Shelf -Doggone baby I love you (Spectrum)

Pulse - Sunshine (Olde World LP)

Trace of smoke Treasure mind ( BJ)

Norma Jean - I've Taken Over (Hep' Me)

Triplettes-That Man of Mine (Mollie Jo)

Jackie Beavers - We're Not Too Young (Mainstream)

Jordi

A good night enjoyed by all, and well done to Mandy for braving the big bad M6 motorway and dark country lanes all on her own. I picked up a nice cheapy record of Chris Anderton , Bobby Womack...Daybreak..U/A for a fiver so a happy boy was I.

This venue is now a permanant fixture on the event calender in the May household.........