Event Title: Soulful Dance - The Weekender 2

Event Author: epic

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 16 September 2011

-------------------------------------------------

SOULFUL DANCE & MODERN SOUL WEEKENDER

Friday-Saturday-Sunday September 16/17th/18th

Soulful Dance @ "The Weekender 2"

2 rooms of Modern Soul, Jazz, House, Disco, Funk & Boogie.

Room 1 - Soulful Dance & Jazzy House Vibes.

Room 2 - Modern Soul Grooves - 70s to Brand New.

Soulful Dance @ are pleased to bring you the second helping of their weekender to be held at The Langdales Hotel St Annes.

A fantastic Autumnal weekend in prospect set on The Fylde Coast with DJs showcasing the best in Soulful Dance Music & New/Modern Soul in 2011.

We have once again secured a great value accommodation deal with the hotel. Pencil this date in your diaries - if it is as good as last year you are in for a real treat - just speak to the people who attended the first weekender !!

The times are subject to change

Arrive Friday...music commences 6.00pm 'til 2.00am (Both Rooms)

Bed and Breakfast

Saturday afternoon music session 12.00pm 'til 6.00pm (One Room)

Evening Meal

Saturday evening music sessions 8.00pm 'til 2.00am (Both Rooms)

Bed and Breakfast

Sunday late morning 'til mid afternoon farewell music session (One Room)

Inclusive in the package is access to all leisure facilities in the the hotel which include swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and gym.

Total price....£75

Which is broken down as follows....£60 per person to the hotel (£20 per person deposit secures your room.)

£15 pay on the door to us for your wristband to access all music sessions.

To clarify, meals inclusive in the price....are :- Breakfast - Saturday and Sunday.

Evening Meal - Saturday.

*Please note that full balance to The Langdales Hotel for your room MUST be paid for by July 31st 2011*

Bookings are now being taken -

The Langdales 01253 721342 is the number to call - NOW !!

https://www.soulfuldance.co.uk

email enquiries soulfuldancemusic@yahoo.co.uk

gallery_2146_10_1171558.jpg

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by epic
  • Replies 17
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm in again Andy :D

Booked my room this morning at the lovely Langdales :D

Last year was awesome and I know this year will be even better :D

I promise to behave this time and won't be doing wheelchair wheelies on the dancefloor :D .... I'll save them for the bar area :D

I'll see you all before then :D

Take care & bye for now

Ali x

I'm in again Andy :thumbsup:

Booked my room this morning at the lovely Langdales thumbsup.gif

Last year was awesome and I know this year will be even better :thumbsup:

I promise to behave this time and won't be doing wheelchair wheelies on the dancefloor :hatsoff2: .... I'll save them for the bar area :thumbsup:

I'll see you all before then thumbsup.gif

Take care & bye for now

Ali x

Thanks Alison - your promise to behave is appreciated but unlikely to be honoured !!!!! - but we don't care - misbehave away !!!

Great buzz on this event already - it will sell out - that's for sure.

Last year was better than we could have expected - The DJs - the guests - the music & the banter was brilliant !!!

If you like music & times that make you feel good & make you smile then The Langdales is for you - BOOK NOW - before it's too late !!

All the info & pics from last year are here

https://www.soulfuldance.co.uk/

Thanks Alison - your promise to behave is appreciated but unlikely to be honoured !!!!! - but we don't care - misbehave away !!!

Last year was better than we could have expected - The DJs - the guests - the music & the banter was brilliant !!!

If you like music & times that make you feel good & make you smile then The Langdales is for you - BOOK NOW - before it's too late !!

Hey up Andy

Just booked , thanks for the reminder

Looking forward to this brilliant weekender , credit once again to you guys for putting this weekender on and the time and effort thats needed.

For anyone on ere that did not go last year , just book it and you will not be dissapointed.

Martyn

Hey up Andy

Just booked , thanks for the reminder

Looking forward to this brilliant weekender , credit once again to you guys for putting this weekender on and the time and effort thats needed.

For anyone on ere that did not go last year , just book it and you will not be dissapointed.

Martyn

Hey Dranny

I hope you & Annie will be bringing the lovely Miss Coco :lol:

Looking forward to seeing all three of you again at this FANTASTIC weekender but hopefully I'll see you before then anyway :thumbsup:

Ali x

:lol::D

Result !! :thumbsup: ..... you have been warned :g::D

I've started packing now :lol:

Ali x

Hey Dranny

I hope you & Annie will be bringing the lovely Miss Coco :lol:

Looking forward to seeing all three of you again at this FANTASTIC weekender but hopefully I'll see you before then anyway :thumbsup:

Ali x

Hi Ali

yes deffo its a family affair and shes always well behaved Coco i mean

hope to see you out soon

Martyn

Thanks Alison & Dranny & eveyone one else who has already booked - The Langdales say that room sales are very healthy even this early in the year.

If Soulful Dance & Jazz is not your thing don't be put off by that - there was some amazing soul music being played in the second room last year from the seventies right up to today - come & pay us a visit - good music & a good time guaranteed !!!!

• 2 months later...

Just to remind those who have yet to book there has been a huge interest in the last couple of weeks.

Rooms available are now down to single figures.

We will, of course, be advising you of other accommodation in the area once The Langdales has sold out. However, if you want to be on site with the best value package telephone the hotel ASAP.

01253 - 721342 & ask for Magdalene or Leanne between 8:00am & 8:00pm

• 1 month later...

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

Just to let everybody know The Langdales accommodation is SOLD OUT - which is great news.......................

.................................however, if you still wish to join us at "The Weekender 2", there are a limited number of "off site" wristbands available.

There are three ways of securing these wristbands :-

1 - Payment in advance (£15.00 per pass) in person at our June gig.

2 - Via PayPal - you must contact us first at soulfuldancemusic@yahoo.co.uk where you will receive payment details - please note this is NOT the PayPal address.

*Please note that anybody using Paypal will be charged £1.00 per wristband booking fee*

3 - Cheque - made payable to :- A. Lett

Address details upon application via email - soulfuldancemusic@yahoo.co.uk

All people who have already booked in at The Langdales have automatically had their wristbands guaranteed & they should pay one of the welcoming Soulful Dance team when checking in to the hotel.

Here is a list of hotels that are all within 5 minutes walking distance of The Langdales - they vary in price but we think they all offer a good standard of accommodation.

The Hollingworth Hotel - (01253) 723971

Strathmore Hotel - (01253) 725478

Bedford Hotel - (01253) 724636

Howarth House Hotel - (01253) 725622

The St Ives Hotel - (01253) 720011

Monterey Beach Hotel - (01253) 721317

You can of course find your own hotel via the internet - but please secure your wristband before securing your accommodation.

*BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT*

Regards

The Soulful Dance Team

Soulful Dance @ The Langdales

"Into 2011 & beyond !!!!!"

Info: www.soulfuldance.co.uk

Soulful Dance @........." we exist because of you"

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm that The Langdales accommodation is definitely sold out. Still lots of local hotels nearby who will rent you a bed for the weekend though I'm sure. Details here :-

https://www.soulfuldance.co.uk/2009/12/weekender.html

However, we are now beginning to sell a lot of "off site" wristbands.

£15.00 for the whole weekend or £10.00 for Saturday & Sunday only.

If you, or anyone you know wants some of these passes please get them to email me at the address below & I will sort it out.

soulfuldancemusic@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Hope to see some of you soon.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Just a gentle reminder to eveybody who has not paid in full already to The Langdales for "The Weekender 2" that the outstanding balance for your accommodation is due by July 31st.

Please call 01253-721342 & ask for Magdalene or Leanne who will sort the payment for you.

"Off-site wristbands" still available - £15.00 for the whole weekend or £10.00 for Saturday night only.

Message me or email soulfuldancemusic@yahoo.co.uk for any further details.

Look forward to seeing everybody.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

TOP NEWS !!!!

Another 2 DJs added to our already impressive line up - Steven Szekely & Susan Greenwood who both know their way around a turntable & dancefloor- welcome aboard peeps.

Later licence applied for on the Saturday night & a late breakfast & an even later checkout agreed with The Langdales for the Sunday.

Guest souldancer

Just over 6 weeks to go...lots of excited people around the Fylde coast and beyond...Family run Hotel that really look after all our needs!!!...Lovely Seaside location....Two great dancefloors that I'm sure will be very well used :yes:

Fabulous respected dj's coming together for a Weekend of celebrating all the great music out there... :thumbup:

And for a HUGE bonus!!! PUB PRICES BEHIND THE BAR!!! :shhh:

Come and join us... :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Just over 3 weeks to go !!! NEWS NEWS NEWS !!!!

2 double rooms have become available at The Langdales - only £60.00 per person for your room plus £15.00 each for your wristband.

The best way to experience "The Weekender 2" is to stay at The Langdales & enjoy the full package.

Telephone 01253 721342 & ask for Magdelene or Leanne - but be quick they won't be available forever !!!

Dont forget folks- this is 2 room event, and is probably the best value weekender around.

Room 1 playing the ususal top quality soulful dance & jazzy house & disco; the sounds that the soulfuldance@ DJ's have made their own over the past few years.

Room 2 features 70's through to new soul from collectors and enthusiasts. Its all there!

Fabulous sound system, great venue, lovely sea-side resort and the most friendly soul crowd.

Why would you want to be anywhere else? Dont miss it- just book it..... :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy & Julia :wave:

Really looking forward to "The Weekender 2" :thumbup:

Please have my wheelchair ready :wicked::D

See you at the seaside :thumbup:

Ali x

Ms Hamilton !!!!! Not the restraints again is it ??????

But if you are going to go all "grown up" on us don't bother !!!

Looking forward to seeing your "sunny smile" once again.

See you friday Alison.

A&J

xx