2011-03-18: New Wilton Allnighter - 18 Years Anniversary

Boxy

Will be down for this and can't wait.........soooo excited... girls thats another seat to keep... :thumbsup:

:lol::yes::D:yes::D:hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :thumbsup::yes::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Stop this now Phyllis !!! or I'm gonna wet myself :lol:

See you tomorrow, safe journey down :lol: & for the record, I CANT WAIT either x

And a possibility me and a travelling buddy might make this as well. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :yes::D:yes::D:hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :thumbsup::yes::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Stop this now Phyllis !!! or I'm gonna wet myself :thumbup:

See you tomorrow, safe journey down :thumbsup: & for the record, I CANT WAIT either x

And a possibility me and a travelling buddy might make this as well. :D

:lol: Seriously ??? Nah you're only saying that to make me wet myself :lol: Not working mate :D I'll save the weeing until I see you for real :yes:

I soooooooo hope you can make it :yes:

Right, I'm off for a bath now, as I need a breather from all this excitement :thumbsup: x

Yes seriously. :yes:

No guarantees but the dynamic duo might be there later on.

And its not a p**s take. :lol:

:lol: Seriously ??? Nah you're only saying that to make me wet myself :yes: Not working mate :hatsoff2: I'll save the weeing until I see you for real :D

I soooooooo hope you can make it :D

Right, I'm off for a bath now, as I need a breather from all this excitement :thumbsup: x

Make sure you have a supply of Tenna - it's official the boys will be in town :D

Traffic willing about 12.30. :hatsoff2:

:yes: Seriously ??? Nah you're only saying that to make me wet myself :yes: Not working mate :hatsoff2: I'll save the weeing until I see you for real :D

I soooooooo hope you can make it :hatsoff2:

JJ if you are feeling generous I'd appreciate one of your CD's as well. :hatsoff2:

It will go to a good home.

See you early hours on Sat. :lol:

Great stuff :lol:

Will bring that CD for you.

Guest rosemary

Make sure you have a supply of Tenna - it's official the boys will be in town :lol:

Traffic willing about 12.30. :lol:

JJ if you are feeling generous I'd appreciate one of your CD's as well. :yes:

See you early hours on Sat. :thumbsup:

Morning Mr Tabssmile.gif

It will be great if you can make it up north to The Wilton........ but I do not get as hysterical as that Ms Hamilton so wont be needing the Tena Ladiesno.gif, would rather have a jar of coffee pleaselaugh.gif

see you later

xxxx

Make sure you have a supply of Tenna - it's official the boys will be in town :lol:

Traffic willing about 12.30. :lol:

JJ if you are feeling generous I'd appreciate one of your CD's as well. :yes:

See you early hours on Sat. :thumbsup:

Tabs - can you bring Sian, coffee, biscuits and chocolates please.

In return I shall fiddle with the zipper on your anorak and will quosh the rumours that Eddie started about your imaginary family :D

See ya later mashed potata

xxx

Guest rosemary

Yeah we are making a visit ..my first time at The Wilton....can't wait .....Cheers ,Eddie

Hi Eddie, glad your coming up to Wiltonyes.gif, haven't seen you since I went to Move On with Pat last year......

and Mr Pearson is coming as wellyes.gif

In return I shall fiddle with the zipper on your anorak and will quosh the rumours that Eddie started about your imaginary family :thumbsup:

xxx

Tabs.... seeing as everyone else are requesting supplies, I wont :thumbsup: what I will do is trade... large pack of Tena, which you can sell individually to whoever has the misfortune of a leaky purse. In return I will have chocolate and biscuits and sweeties and coffee laugh.gif:thumbup:

See you all tonight... please dont laugh at my voice ( sound like a choirboy hitting puberty) it is really painful, sure it will get better as the night progresses though :yes::thumbsup:

Have fun. A barely missed a Wilton for the first 8 years - now I can't seem to get to a nighter at all angry.gif

I was planning to go tonight, but a few misguided politicians with a view to creating a new Suez have ensured I'll spend most of the w/end in the London area - at least I should be able to see the lads at Palace.:thumbup:

By the looks of the line-up, it'll be a corker - was really looking forward to the Dodger and the SausageMan ripping it up - just like the old, early days. Trunks-out :yes:

Taking a sneaky peak while I'm at work, wish I hadn't now, as Im laughing out very loud and giving the game away lol lol.

I do that all the time Ali. It is very hard when you work in a dusty old archive to think of something even remotely believable as to why I am giggling my head off :thumbup:

See you later thumbup.gif

Troop;

Like you lot Im looking forward to this one big time, I have the little fella with the loud shirts from Wellingborough keeping me company. Tunes are sorted, just need to get Monday to Thursday out of the way, got Friday off and hey ho here we go.

See ya there.

Gouch

Mr Goucher will you be bringing any soul 45's this time young man ? always a pleasure to spend the nite with the good folk that are the Wilton - me favourite niter !

:thumbsup: Whey hey !! Please, please, pleeeeeease make that possibly a most definitely :yes:

Will be great to finally meet you Julie and "sort of" nice to see Kev again :D

Here's hoping :thumbup: x

This is a deffo :D won`t be there till late :no: Going to support Moldie first at the Walton Soul Night in Wakefield :yes: Will be great to meet you and Kirsty S at long last hatsoff2.gif thought I saw you at Prestatyn but Tabs put me right :thumbsup: it was Ang B :yes::yes: thought the laser treatment had worked :thumbsup:laugh.gif:D

Tabs, will I get my well travelled coffee tonight ?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Julie xxxx

In return I shall fiddle with the zipper on your anorak and will quosh the rumours that Eddie started about your imaginary family :thumbup:

xxx

have you got time to knock up some rock cakes for tonight? no.gif:yes::thumbsup: xx

have you got time to knock up some rock cakes for tonight? :thumbsup::thumbsup::D xx

you coming for a boogie Coops?

if I weren't so ugly and didn't take an eternity to make myself look presentable rock cakes would be on the way... instead of rubbing flour and butter together, I'll be mixing fast setting cement and trowling it on... :D

Have fun tonight all, I am looking for metal curtains across a border many miles away so can't be there, hope it's a good one. Make sure everyone makes the fuss of Chuddy he deserves and give him the birthday the worlds top bloke deserves!!

I will actually make a night out at some point this year!!

I'm getting cold sat here in a pair of jimmy choos and a g-string...

am off upstairs to find something suitable to wear tomorrow

I could be gone some time... :D

This is what I was replying to Kirsty, got carried away & finished before I'd even started,story of my life,pass the kleenex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Spot.:thumbsup:

That sounds more than suitable to me!!!!!!:thumbsup::D

Take care,be safe & remember,"Those Puppies aren't just for Christmas, they're to bring joy to all men all year round",

Spot.:thumbsup:

some men prefer kittens to puppies :D

oh so very, very nice.

the music

the dee-jay sets

the venue

the populus

first time @ wilton for me, if only i had known what i had been missing.

9 hours of 'choons' of which only THREE RECORDS disagreed with my liking.

many tunes i had not heard for a long while

many tunes i had not heard of at all but not one was a 'duff' one. (even the three weren't 'duff' they were just not to my liking)

hope this place doesn't have to close due to lack of support, it has an excellent history and hopefully an excellent future,

if you ain't ever been (like me before yesterday) then maybe it's time you visited this all-nighter full of the emotions of our teenage days in the mid-70's, new tunes, new friends and mutual respect amongst all for all, as it was and as it should be.

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

oh so very, very nice.

the music

the dee-jay sets

the venue

the populus

many tunes i had not heard of at all but not one was a 'duff' one. (even the three weren't 'duff' they were just not to my liking)

hope this place doesn't have to close due to lack of support, it has an excellent history and hopefully an excellent future,

if you ain't ever been (like me before yesterday) then maybe it's time you visited this all-nighter full of the emotions of our teenage days in the mid-70's, new tunes, new friends and mutual respect amongst all for all, as it was and as it should be.

Ey Up mick,

Glad some of you enjoyed your night :( Last week the new car got us 4 miles down the road before frikin decideing to break down angry.gif last night it actually got to between juntion 13-14 on the M25 rolleyes.gif another 5 & a half hours with and waiting for the AA huh.gif not a happy bunny i can tell ya :D:( sorry we missed all of ya :D but car now in Citreon hands :boxing: if they can`t sort it it will be money back and back to the drawing board :D in the mean time we got a Dagenham dustbin to jolly around in :lol::no::D sorry for rambling on rolleyes.gif

Julie & kev xxxx

well I for one had a fabulous night - I must of done cause I'm suffering big time today rolleyes.gif

was lovely to see a healthy crowd of both long absent regulars and some very welcome new faces - there was still that seemingly mass exodus around 4 which is a shame - though is also probably something I'd do if I were sensible laugh.gif

part of me wants this nighter to continue, but part of me wants it to finish on a high so we all remember what a wonderful time we had - and not "well there was only 50 of us in and no-one danced" which is how a few were last year!

thank you to all the DJs - you all played out your socks, sorry to everyone I cornered, and thank you for all giving me some much demanded attention. I will go to bed with a smile on my face tonight knowing that the blisters on my feet and the cramp in my calves were worth it thumbsup.gif

oh and happy birthday Dave - you don't look a day over 64 and 3/4 :boxing: xxx

It was good to see a healthy turn out of faces old and new from all over the country to celebrate 18 years of the Wilton All-nighters. Top notch sets by all the DJ's with something for everyone, how it's always been at the Wilton. Happy birthday to Dave and good to see Chuddy ripping it up all-night celebrating his big one thumbup.gif I forgot all the cards whistling.gif Top venue, top people, top music, can't ask for much more.

Wow! Wilton Wilton Wilton.

Why can't it be like that every time?

Now you've put us in a dilemma, do we finish on a high or continue and slip back into the losing money trap.

Mouse and myself will be giving this question some major thought over the next few weeks, but would appreciate as much help from you all as possible. Please pass on your thoughts either on the forum or send us a PM.

We would like to thank every one who attended last night, we had many who attended for the first time and others we hadn't seen in ages.

We have said it before - we only want to balance the books, we're not in it for the money, but will we have the same enthusiasum in May when there is no anniversary, no free badges and the thought that it might be the last Wilton has gone.

We would also like to thank all the DJ's - all did outstanding sets. The dance floor was busy all night which must indicate

the dancers went home satisfied on this occassion.

From the birthdays point of view the room was full of celebrations - Alison, Chuddy, Howard E and myself all had a ball.

I would personally like to thank everyone for the cards and presents I received, they were totally unexpected, as was the spread of food that Val and the Wilton staff laid on. Roger Banks can vouch for the quality of the spread.

A special thankyou must go out to Bernie & Andy Peake for the incredible Technics 1210 look-alike cake they gave me, Bernie you're a star, it is a masterpiece!! Hope you enjoy the Variations 45.

Boxy

Edited by Boxy

oh so very, very nice.

the music

the dee-jay sets

the venue

the populus

Coops

Your photo's are fantastic !! even though on photo 45 it looks like Andy Peake is gonna deck you ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Glad you enjoyed your first trip to the Wilton x

Edited by Alison H

Coops

Your photo's are fantastic !! even though on photo 45 it looks like Andy Peake is gonna deck you ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Glad you enjoyed your first trip to the Wilton x

Ali ...i'd have to disagree...Coops photo's may be more artistic and natural , but f**k me ...it looks like the Rocky horror show! :hatsoff2:

Just thankfull he never got one of me :thumbsup:

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif Nev !!!! you can't say that, even if you think it laugh.gif Your cards are marked lad laugh.gif x

Ali ,I think you'll find i just did.lol

Should have added,we all had a great night at the Wilton

as long as there's a lift and I'm not on holiday I'd like to think i'll be at the next one.

My fave all nighter ,so many nice people ,great venue ,great dance floor and most of all top sounds and always something for everyone.

Was nice to meet lots more source members for the 1st time ,not gona make a list incase i forget someone?

P.s I think from an observation point regarding the amount of people leaving around the 4am mark...maybe its because its a Friday event and a lot of people have somewhere to be on a Saturday?

P.s I think from an observation point regarding the amount of people leaving around the 4am mark...maybe its because its a Friday event and a lot of people have somewhere to be on a Saturday?

I think this is definitely the case. We usually have the charity shop to open up and run on a Saturday morning (doing our bit to get in the good books of the guy upstairs) and usually have to leave about 5ish. Made sure we booked yesterday off though - well it was a special occasion.

As for the night itself - what a fantastic turn out! Took me back to the days when it used to be like that every month.

Many thanks to my DJ partner for the night, Ted Massey. It was an honour and I loved every minute of it.

Was a bit unsure whether to post this or not but it is constructive, has been asked for and is meant in the best possible way as I love the Wilton. There was too much 70s played for me last night and not enough oomph until the later hours when everyone had left. Then again, I am one person in a room full of people and would never expect a night to be tailored just for me. That said, it did appear that a bit of oomph was what the people wanted (judging by the dance floor reaction).

As for the question of whether to have any more or not? I truly hope it is not the end for this fantastic venue but I think things will have to change in order to make it work. The night needs consistency and the music a bit of life to it that's all. (Don't all be after lynching me for saying that).

Long live the Wilton!

Guest BigPaul

Ali ...i'd have to disagree...Coops photo's may be more artistic and natural , but f**k me ...it looks like the Rocky horror show! :hatsoff2:

Just thankfull he never got one of me :thumbsup:

Totally correct Nev, i look like im in me mid-50s on emlaugh.giflaugh.gif

Great nite at the Wilton, nice to see one or two, ive not seen for awhilethumbsup.gif

Nie to meet one or two to, ta Joanthumbsup.gif

Top music, Dancing and good company, what more could an owd codger ask forbiggrin.gif

Big thanx to Pete n Gail for the invite to Goole and morning porridge for the journey back to a sunny Mansfieldhatsoff2.gif

Great Stuff

Best

Paul

Just thankfull he never got one of me biggrin.gif

I have to agree Nev - and he did get one of me :lol:

I keep telling you all I take a crap photo - now do you believe me? :thumbsup:

I think this is definitely the case. We usually have the charity shop to open up and run on a Saturday morning (doing our bit to get in the good books of the guy upstairs) and usually have to leave about 5ish. Made sure we booked yesterday off though - well it was a special occasion.

As for the night itself - what a fantastic turn out! Took me back to the days when it used to be like that every month.

Many thanks to my DJ partner for the night, Ted Massey. It was an honour and I loved every minute of it.

Was a bit unsure whether to post this or not but it is constructive, has been asked for and is meant in the best possible way as I love the Wilton. There was too much 70s played for me last night and not enough oomph until the later hours when everyone had left. Then again, I am one person in a room full of people and would never expect a night to be tailored just for me. That said, it did appear that a bit of oomph was what the people wanted (judging by the dance floor reaction).

As for the question of whether to have any more or not? I truly hope it is not the end for this fantastic venue but I think things will have to change in order to make it work. The night needs consistency and the music a bit of life to it that's all. (Don't all be after lynching me for saying that).

Long live the Wilton!

As one of the 4am leaving brigade.....really did'nt want to go but when you are relying on a lift home you have to 'go with the flow'!

Cheers for the lift home by the way Shaun :thumbsup: hope Donz did'nt peck your head too much!!!

Really sorry to have missed your spot Joan, will make up for it at Burscough next week :hatsoff2:

Also really wanted to hear the 2 Karl's spot..........refer to above. sad.gif

Great to see Mick Howard from Scotland, you kept that quiet pal.....see you on the 16th at Stu n Jill's thumbsup.gif

Best news of the night was the 'all clear' for Col Taylor so pleased for you pal, looking forward to seeing you Karen n H really soon :lol:

Absolutely fantastic night, even though it was a struggle to get there and back after being LET DOWN by Chris who would have passed our way to get there anyway glare.gif

Long may it continue :sleep3:

Edited by nightfiler
Guest rosemary

Only just recovering from The Wilton, the best night for me so far at this great venueyes.gif with its great music and great people ..............

but

why have Joan/Ted and Karl/Karl DJing so lateno.gif

This is just a suggestion.....................have the uptempo, 60s DJs on earlier....... from 1.30am onwards and I'm sure this would keep more people at the venueyes.gif, when you have dancers on that lovely dance floor it creates a fantastic atmospheresmile.gif

I love The Wilton but have been on numerous occasions and have sat and sat and sat......then I want to go homesad.gif

Onwards and upwardssmile.gif

Rosemary xxxxx

Mouse & Dave

What a night!!!Loved every minute of it,had everything for me.Wasn't it great to see the place full & we were all treated to some top class music.Three highlights of the night for me................

Hearing Saus play Doris Smith,all those Wilton memories came rushing back.

Ted playing Charles Johnson.........what a f#cking record!!

Joan opening her spot with Lovemasters...........perfect record for that time of night.........she's a master.

Mouse & Dave whatever you descide to do about future events just shout & I'll help in any way possible?

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

Had a great time and a real pleasure to grace the decks with Joan she started with the Lovemasters what a record, thanks to Lou and Woody for their company and the stop at Macdonalds for breakfast, the only complait i was that knackered i didnt go out last night for the firat time in nearly 3 years :shhh: nice to see so many friends under one roof :rolleyes: . Thanks for the record Martyn :thumbsup: CJ is starting to take of now

Guest BigPaul

Had a great time and a real pleasure to grace the decks with Joan she started with the Lovemasters what a record, thanks to Lou and Woody for their company and the stop at Macdonalds for breakfast, the only complait i was that knackered i didnt go out last night for the firat time in nearly 3 years :lol: nice to see so many friends under one roof :no: . Thanks for the record Martyn :lol: CJ is starting to take of now

Your spellings gone t*ts up tolaugh.giflaugh.gif