2011-02-26: Haigh Hall, (Note - Timings Have Changed)

Guest squaw

Event Title: Haigh hall, wigan oldies niter feb 26

Event Author: squaw

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 26 February 2011

-------------------------------------------------

wigan oldies niter at haigh hall country park haigh near wigan, main ballroom wigan oldies upstairs mr ms revival.All proceeds going towards the lord mayors charity for stroke survivors.This is one of the nicest venues ive ever seen on soul scene,its fantastic.The event is run by the monaco soul club who,s djs will be in the main room,dave evison ian wills mark speakman andy mc john poole and ian cunliffe will be upstairs.Info and tickets available from bob at monaco soul club 07792 559191 at a 10er or 12 quid otd.Should this be a success there is a possibilty of a regular charity event here in the future .Wigan oldies only as advertised, so if thats for you come and have a dance and raise a few quid for a very good cause.

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

wow..this cud be a monster!! only been here once buyt know the soul nites are really popular.

Just seen this

Being a Stroke Surviver myself think il try get to come along !!

Nice one peeps thumbsup.gif

Nige B

Now Edited,,, I cant make this now as im ovewr the East Mids this nite i forgot,,,

But i wish you all a Great Nite with this for the reasons stated above!!!!:hatsoff2:

Edited by Nige Brown

Looking like a very big nite this,the venue is fantastic and the perfect niter venue.As nige pointed out the cause makes it even more worthwhile supporting it.

wow..this cud be a monster!! only been here once buyt know the soul nites are really popular.

This is one of the best venues in the country ... Haigh Hall Country Park ... loads of places to hide ... realy looking forward to it.... and the added feel good factor of helping Stroke Victims. :hatsoff2:

Guest PeterSimpson

will defo be there - Kate used to have an office upstairs at Haigh Hall and always said should be a soul nite there . . .

at least we shouldnt get lost finding it!

Pete/Kate

Guest John Poole

Looking Forward to a great night of memorories and all for a good cause,

Do you think an all nighter in Wigan will work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone wanting to go better hurry to get tickets

See you there

I have just been informed that this event is no longer an allniter,due to the fact that the manager of haigh hall did,nt bother to check his music licence till today which apparently is till 2am.The result of this is that the nite will run from 8pm til 2am.EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT A TICKET WILL BE GIVEN THERE MONEY BACK ON SAT NIGHT,EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE ADMITTED FREE OF CHARGE.IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO ATTEND ON SAT YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK BY CONTACTING BOB ON 07792559191.It staggers me that wigan county councils flag ship venue can make such a collosal balls up of a charity function [that they asked for],for there own lord mayors charity. BUT AS STATED FULL REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AND IT IS NOW A FREE EVENT FOR EVERYONE ELSE.Feel free to contact wigan council or the management at haigh hall to voice your opinions.

VENUE NOW RUNS 8PM TILL 2AM FREE ADMISSION

Edited by Soultown andy

I have just been informed that this event is no longer an allniter,due to the fact that the manager of haigh hall did,nt bother to check his music licence till today which apparently is till 2am.The result of this is that the nite will run from 8pm til 2am.EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT A TICKET WILL BE GIVEN THERE MONEY BACK ON SAT NIGHT,EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE ADMITTED FREE OF CHARGE.IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO ATTEND ON SAT YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK BY CONTACTING BOB ON 07792559191.It staggers me that wigan county councils flag ship venue can make such a collosal balls up of a charity function [that they asked for],for there own lord mayors charity. BUT AS STATED FULL REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AND IT IS NOW A FREE EVENT FOR EVERYONE ELSE.Feel free to contact wigan council or the management at haigh hall to voice your opinions.

VENUE NOW RUNS 8PM TILL 2AM FREE ADMISSION

With most of our Haigh events booking is essential - please contact Haigh Hall direct to confirm your attendance on 01942 832895. Heres the number

Have had a request to post the below via email....plus have changed the title

Last minute changes to Haigh Hall Northern Soul Event

Organisers have had to make some last minute changes to this weekend's Mayor's Charity Northern Soul event.The event, scheduled for Saturday February 26 at Haigh Hall, was originally billed as a Northern Soul All-nighter. The event was planned to run from 10pm until 6am but will now run from 8pm until 2am instead. The Mayor's Northern Soul event is the first of what is hoped will become an annual highlight in the borough's social calendar to raise money for the first citizen's chosen charity appeal. Mayor of Wigan, Cllr Michael Winstanley says: "We're really looking forward to a great night on Saturday. It was originally billed as an all-night event but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, we have had to move the times so the event will now start at 8pm and finish at 2am."We know that some people may be disappointed by this, so we are proposing to waive the entrance fee for the event and instead ask people attending to make a donation to the charity appeal."This year, Cllr Winstanley has chosen to use his appeal to raise much-needed funds to support local people recovering from strokes. He says: "The support for the charity appeal has been magnificent and we're hoping for a great time on Saturday night. It may not be an all-nighter but it's going to be great music, a great atmosphere. We're sure we're going to get a lot of support from the Northern Soul crowd."Anyone who has inquiries about the event can call: Bob Brierley on 01942 522922 or 07792559191 or Andy McCabe on 07792164683.

Many thanks to all who travelled and attended last nights little charity bash,lots of dosh raised for stroke victims charity will post figure as soon as i have it from council.Cant thank the djs who jocked in both rooms last night enough for there support,a fine job done by all. Was a little worried that numbers would be affected because of change from niter to 2am finish,but was an excellent turnout.Practicaly full on the first nite will do for me and what a venue this is going to be, will be advertiseing forthcomeing niters[its been sorted]very soon.We only opened 2 of the rooms last nite but this venue has 3 real rooms with dance floors bars and lounges with each room,lots of room for record dealers.I think practicaly everyone who bought advance tickets turned up,but if you didnt contact bob on 07792559191 for a refund or to donate the money to the charity :thumbsup:.

Source Advert