Albert Jones "Up To The Sun"

Garethx

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good to see this record getting some recognition at last. I first heard this in the mid 70s at ace Detroit collector, Dick Watt's house. I picked it up shortly after that for about for around 3/6d on Bumpshop. (the price of a good fish supper in those days) That's all really, I just wanted to boast about how cheap I got it for...

Tony

Social source share

hi it went for a little over 400 pounds , i have one managed to prise it out of a friends hands for all the lifts i have given him over the last few years did not realise it was that expensive though, i knew it was obscure.

never seen a tri city thought bumpshop was a small enough label.

mark

Social source share

I think this is an intriguing example of a record we all bought relatively cheaply (think I paid about £6 for mine), that hasn't been played out or talked about for nearly twenty years, yet when one turns up on ebay it's £400.

Begs the question how many more obscurities like this there are in people's collections. My guess: thousands.

A thread on "oldies" that only got one or two plays by one deejay years ago might be good...

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

maybe somebody else saw the finish price,

Fnishing price £440. Seller's original description:

Classic Early 70s Detroit By Albert Jones - Up To The Sun On Bumpshop GM153. This Is An Extremely Rare Record, Only A Handful Are Known To Exist And Plenty Of Interest Has Been Shown By DJs And Dealers Alike. This 45 Needs To Be Played To A Wider Audience, It Is Brilliant.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!