Bill Spoon Lp - Just Arrived

Big thanks to John & Dave for all their hard work getting this out on the streets.

post-3008-0-84451400-1295696270_thumb.jp

A cool 10 track vinyl LP, in their usual nice packageing with informative sleeve notes from Bill, giving us his story todate. The Lp covers his solo career after leaving the Cleeveland based Soul Notes, with recordings from Cleveland and L.A. The set includes 6 previously un-relaesed tracks, and the mighty 'I can't wait (for the weekend), plus a alternative take of the song.

So pleased to see this on the streets.

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just echoing what Dave had to say about the LP. Another top quality release from Soul Junction.

An LP crammed full of quality soul with only the stunning and anthemic "I can`t wait" (which if you don`t have it is essential 70`s soul) seeing release before in it`s current format (and on the Lp there is also an alternative cut of that track which totally reinvents the song).

Thanks to Bill and the Soul Junction crew for a great release

Mark H

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Big thanks to John & Dave for all their hard work getting this out on the streets.

post-3008-0-84451400-1295696270_thumb.jp

A cool 10 track vinyl LP, in their usual nice packageing with informative sleeve notes from Bill, giving us his story todate. The Lp covers his solo career after leaving the Cleeveland based Soul Notes, with recordings from Cleveland and L.A. The set includes 6 previously un-relaesed tracks, and the mighty 'I can't wait (for the weekend), plus a alternative take of the song.

So pleased to see this on the streets.

Dave

I need one of these!

Ste.

Social source share

Just echoing what Dave had to say about the LP. Another top quality release from Soul Junction.

An LP crammed full of quality soul with only the stunning and anthemic "I can`t wait" (which if you don`t have it is essential 70`s soul) seeing release before in it`s current format (and on the Lp there is also an alternative cut of that track which totally reinvents the song).

Thanks to Bill and the Soul Junction crew for a great release

Mark H

here here!!!

Have got to agree Mark what a haul from Soul Junction records hatsoff2.gif a great start to 2011 with an album by Mr Bill Spoon [phew].....a definate purchase for sure.....just check out that album sleeve photo and the soundfiles on Soul Junctions website.

supersoul and some !!!! :rolleyes:

ktf

tfk

Edited by TFK
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just a quick reminder that the Bill Spoon album is on general release as of Monday February 14th.

All the wholesale orders went out yesterday. So give your favourite stockists a call if you wish to purchase one, or if you so wish you can purchase direct from us at www.souljunctionrecords.co.uk

To those of you who have pre-ordered your orders will be sent out on Thursday. :)

Thank you.

Dave

Soul Junction

Social source share

It's Valentine's day and if any of you lovers have forgotten to buy the love of your life a romantic present why not treat them to a Bill Spoon album which is on general release today. It wil last a lot longer than a bunch of flowers laugh.gif

Checked a few playlists over the weekend and it seems Bills version of Al Wilson's "Be Concerned" is a very popular choice with the radio jocks.

See your usually stockists or buy direct from sales@souljunctionrecords.co.uk :thumbsup:

Thanks

Dave

Social source share

Just played it this morning and gotta say what an lp,essential for those into Modern with strings + things. thumbsup.gif

Stand outs for me:

1 can`t wait (untill the weekend)

(If you didn`t pick up the 7" than your need this awesome.For those that did there`s a great funkier version which is very nice)

Be concerned.

Nice version of Al Wilsons,more down-tempo take.

Thank you baby.

(For me,this would work on radio or playing out)

Love is the way

(longer studio version than the 7" from 1980,i think this version just shades it for me.)

Hats off to Dave and John for putting out another quality release :thumbsup::huh:

Social source share

Just played it this morning and gotta say what an lp,essential for those into Modern with strings + things. :thumbup:

Stand outs for me:

1 can`t wait (untill the weekend)

(If you didn`t pick up the 7" than your need this awesome.For those that did there`s a great funkier version which is very nice)

Be concerned.

Nice version of Al Wilsons,more down-tempo take.

Thank you baby.

(For me,this would work on radio or playing out)

Love is the way

(longer studio version than the 7" from 1980,i think this version just shades it for me.)

Hats off to Dave and John for putting out another quality release hatsoff2.gif:wave:

I`m in full agreement Wayne. I love BOTH versions of "I can`t wait" , and to add to your comments i think that the remix of "Kick Back" is the "Sleeping Giant" of the LP and continues to grow on me .

Mark H

Social source share

I`m in full agreement Wayne. I love BOTH versions of "I can`t wait" , and to add to your comments i think that the remix of "Kick Back" is the "Sleeping Giant" of the LP and continues to grow on me .

Mark H

Matter of interest what`s the original mix like?I thought kick back and after all we`re been through were for you,the later gotta feeling might get a few spins on late night/early morning radio for the quiet storm sofa soul section or Majestic/small room at Essence.g.gif

Social source share

Found this on a blog from another website, can't remember who wrote it;

Every release on Soul Junction Records is something to get excited about, and this album is no exception. 'A Spoonful Of Soul' is crammed with previously un-issued material from Bill Spoon, including re-mixes and full length versions. This album is a must for every soul child - superb.

For me the two stand-out tracks are "Love Is On The Way" and "Thank you Baby" yes.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert