Name For A New Soul Night?

Guest Heartnsoul

Guest Heartnsoul

Morning everyone.

I need some divine intervention here from the good people on Soul Source.

Thing is, I've been ask to run a 'Northern Soul' night in local 'trendy' bar. The punters tend to be in the 25 to 45 age range and but generally aren't regulars on the Northern scene although I'm hoping to attract a few local Northernites as well. The music policy will focus on sixties and RnB with a smattering of 70s and funkier stuff., I'm intending that it's going to be an OVO event, but bearing in mind the venue and potential customers I'm not going to be too anal about this. Wont be playing CDs/downloads though

I've been wracking my brain for name for the night, but everyting I think of has either been used or sounds shite! Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Theres a drink in it for the person that comes up with the best name - shoud we ever meet in person that is!

Rich

Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Heartnsoul

where is this soul club going to be?, which town, city, village?????

more info required to assist with this topic

Rob :lol:

The night will be in Wakefield,

And in response to first suggestion I use the term 'trendy' quite loosely - this is Wakfield after all!

Rich

Social source share

Guest Heartnsoul

Your user name on here HEARTNSOUL as good as any ??

Hmmm, not a bad idea. Funny how the most obvious things escape you sometimes. I thought 'Keep on keeping on' but seem to think that there was a soul night already with that name?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rich

Edited by Heartnsoul
Social source share

The night will be in Wakefield,

And in response to first suggestion I use the term 'trendy' quite loosely - this is Wakfield after all!

Rich

Red bar in Wakefield is a trendy bar that runs a soul event ..must be catching on :yes:

If you wanna attract a young crowd to soul ..just call it "FREE SEX" ..that'll get em in :lol:

Only kidding but how about " FREE YOUR SOUL" :yes:

Social source share

Red bar in Wakefield is a trendy bar that runs a soul event ..must be catching on :yes:

If you wanna attract a young crowd to soul ..just call it "FREE SEX" ..that'll get em in :lol:

Only kidding but how about " FREE R SOUL" :yes:

moldie

Social source share

Guest Heartnsoul

Only kidding but how about " FREE YOUR SOUL" :yes:

Wakefield City Soul Club's regular event tends to be mainly a Modern soul do (or at least it was the last time I went). They do 'Northern' nights from time to time. I believe.

Thats a great suggestion, cheers Nev. Going to pm you about a record on your sales list,

Rich

Social source share

moldie

Had to look hard there Moldie but it came to me in the end.....dunno if that would bring the right crowd though :yes:

Oddly enough the place we used to dj soul , that is a trendy wine bar ...runs a "gay night " on a Monday ,they might like that one :lol:

Glad we stopped dj'n there cos some of my co dj's would on occasion quietly slip some of the free paraphanalia into each others lp boxes.

A bit embarrasing if you didnt find em until the next time you were dj'n at a soul do :yes:

Social source share

Had to look hard there Moldie but it came to me in the end.....dunno if that would bring the right crowd though :yes:

Oddly enough the place we used to dj soul , that is a trendy wine bar ...runs a "gay night " on a Monday ,they might like that one :lol:

Glad we stopped dj'n there cos some of my co dj's would on occasion quietly slip some of the free paraphanalia into each others lp boxes.

A bit embarrasing if you didnt find em until the next time you were dj'n at a soul do :yes:

superb nev lololol...im gonna use that excuse if my mrs finds the gay news in my record box lolol

moldie

Social source share

superb nev lololol...im gonna use that excuse if my mrs finds the gay news in my record box lolol

moldie

Odd one was ok ,,but not 10+ ..tucked betwwen lp's ,inside lp's and quite lewd to say the least...

i took one to work ,wrote one of my mates names on the front..you know ,like they do in the papershop for the lads to deliver ,so they put em thru the right door..:yes:

Put it in one of the toilet cubicles at work and let the rest take care of itself............does'nt go down well on a building site :lol:

Social source share

Velvet. Hopefully a monthly event, starting mid-March. You coming along?

Rich

"Tipping the velvet soul "

I'm sure the place would be full with that name...

Better quit before the pc brigade accuse me of being homophobic.

Live and Let live imho :hatsoff2:

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Morning everyone.

I need some divine intervention here from the good people on Soul Source.

Thing is, I've been ask to run a 'Northern Soul' night in local 'trendy' bar. The punters tend to be in the 25 to 45 age range and but generally aren't regulars on the Northern scene although I'm hoping to attract a few local Northernites as well. The music policy will focus on sixties and RnB with a smattering of 70s and funkier stuff., I'm intending that it's going to be an OVO event, but bearing in mind the venue and potential customers I'm not going to be too anal about this. Wont be playing CDs/downloads though

I've been wracking my brain for name for the night, but everyting I think of has either been used or sounds shite! Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Theres a drink in it for the person that comes up with the best name - shoud we ever meet in person that is!

Rich

" The Rhythm Method " .

Malc

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Heartnsoul

Hi all

A big thanks to all who suggested names, there were some very good ones. i particularly liked Nev's ''Free Your Soul' (if not the ruder version that someone else suggested!). However I've had suggestions from all over the place and after a straw poll among interested parties we came up with SOUL FOUNDATION. Yes, a bit 'safe' I know but the music policy won't be.

First night is the 18th March (this Friday) at Velvet Cocktail Bar - 10-2am (see Events and Events announcements. The DJs will be myself and the legendary Andy Hudson from York, so if you want to hear some upfront and underplayed 60s/70s Northern and RnB, along with a few classics, get yerzels in!

Hopefully, after finishing off there, we'll be heading for the Wilton 18th Anniversary. It's gonna be a hectic but hopefully, highly enjoyable night all round!

See you there!

Rich

Social source share

Guest Heartnsoul

Thanks for the suggestions folks but the night already has a name SOUL FOUNDATION.

See my previous post on 16th March.

Your support appreciated

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!