The Brumby Hotel At Scunthorpe

I wasnt really sure at all how to set about writing this here-the Brumby in a snug little corner off Cottage Beck Road in Scunthorpe North East Lincolnshire is a medium sized old fashioned pub with a dance floor that has room enough for about what looks to be 30-50 people in the back room which is isolated from the main bar which is full of regulars. Its subdued lighting, the floor is not too bad (Ive been to much worse at supposedly better venues) . In short the scenario is really old school, net curtains and all.

The music policy is oldies mainly- we had an excellent spot from Dave Warrinder and always some brilliant stuff from Dennis Balderson, who believe it or not, had been in a hospital bed four hours previous,wasnt very well at all, discharged himself, packed up his gear and set up as if nothing had happened. Now thats dedication. Usually Stan helps does a slot but he goes nto hibernation for a couple of months around this time of year and who can blame him.

The crowd are happy and they want to dance and thats about it and like their classics. A fun night. Last time I opened with Running Back and it emptied the floor. That might give you an idea. There is also the resident boxer dog who can open the door on her own and runs around the dancefloor for a couple of spins and who Stan Busby fell over on Saturday. No harm donw to either party. We are planning something at the hospital social club which has a nice big wooden floor and sound system, and we are linking up with the Lincoln & Gainsvorough crowd nicely, In short if you want oldies and classics ie 6 by 6, Get Out, Thats my girl, Don Covay Its better to have, Skiing in the snow you will hear them all here.

So if youre passing our way, its a very warm welcome from all of us at Northern Lincolnshire Soul Club (we have a FB page) plenty of banter, no politics just a good night out with new friends and good beer.

• Replies 0
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Source Advert