Epitome Of Sound

Guest dkd

Just looking for a bit of advice - I missed out yesterday on E Bay on an original copy of You Don't Love Me on Sandbag with a green label.

Found another one on E Bay today, also claiming to be an original but with a white label and red writing.

Is it just the difference between English and American issues, or am I mssing the plot?

Sorry dont know enough about computers to post up the links.

Any help gratefully received.

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just looking for a bit of advice - I missed out yesterday on E Bay on an original copy of You Don't Love Me on Sandbag with a green label.

Found another one on E Bay today, also claiming to be an original but with a white label and red writing.

Is it just the difference between English and American issues, or am I mssing the plot?

Dave

Cant help you with the record??? but to post up a link, just right click on the web address in the adress bar then copy and when you write a reply you can right click and paste it on :unsure:

Social source share

Dave

My original has a flesh cloured label with red writting, if you feel the label with your finger ( lightly) you can feel some numbers or letters underneath

Social source share

My original has a flesh cloured label with red writting, if you feel the label with your finger ( lightly) you can feel some numbers or letters underneath

Ah yes i recall some one telling me this also, quite a few have this, Royal Five on tyler is identical all bar the raised lettering under the lable :unsure:

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

saw a geen copy sell last night on e-bay for around £15 mark.......

so price does tell you that it was a bootleg......

seen this boot go for £20-£25 on manships list though

Social source share

Dave

Just as well you did miss out as the green label Sandbag copy`s are Bootlegs,

Originals are slightly off white/pink with red lettering for the issues,the demo`s are white

with black lettering,also i think you should invest in JM bootleg guide :unsure:

Dave f..............

Social source share

Ah yes i recall some one telling me this also, quite a few have this, Royal Five on tyler is identical all bar the raised lettering under the lable :unsure:

apparently a lot of philadelphia releases did this Baz

Social source share

Guest Jean-Marc

Any idea of what should be written on the vinyl ? Mine has MS3051 and something that looks like RP further away. (just MS 3052 on the other side)

I always assumed it was a boot - Now I have some doubts, as it's creamy with red letterings and has some tiny letters in relief near Sandbag ?!?!

Social source share

Any idea of what should be written on the vinyl ? Mine has MS3051 and something that looks like RP further away. (just MS 3052 on the other side)

I always assumed it was a boot - Now I have some doubts, as it's creamy with red letterings and has some tiny letters in relief near Sandbag ?!?!

Going by the post's, i would say its the real deal :unsure:

Social source share

IT'S REAL ! :unsure:

Social source share

i played my copy a few months ago for the first time in, well a long time, and it f88king jumpoed! It didnt the last time i played it! Whats that all about. Its like some slighlty warped records i now have that never used to be.

I think there must be some kind of 45 demon that goes into record boxes fa8king them up :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

manships boot guide says.....................

originals are flesh coloured with a three figure hallmark under the label.

bootleg is green

Like this.....

post-1832-1127867300_thumb.jpg

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

Apparently this was done to prevent bootlegging at the time of the original issue - be interesting to know how many other NS tunes have this, and whether it was just one pressing plant that made a habit of doing this.

Sam Moultre;Warren... :D

And me copy of the Blenders;dont f*** around with love......... :D

Social source share

Sam Moultre;Warren... :D

And me copy of the Blenders;dont f*** around with love......... :D

How can you do that,change the title of a record just to be PC?,fukc it!!!,i`ll have to post a picture of the offending article,is that OK or PC?......

Dont fukc about with me posts,thanks :D

Social source share

Real if you ask me, the off white/cream is more a "flesh" colour with red lettering.

Boots are styrene with green label.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!