Solid Hit Soul London With Rob Smith 18Th February

Shsdave

Big thanks to everyone who made it to SHS in December. Very bad weather, public transport non-existent & we still had a packed & brilliant nite :lol: Really appreciate the effort you all made .......Scott of the Antartic award for Paul & Pat Cross for struggling down from Wolverhampton to get their Solid Hit fix !!!!!! :thumbsup:

Next Solid Hit is Friday 18th February 2011 when we welcome back Nottinghams Legendary Rob Smith :lol: Last time Rob was down he practically blew the roof off of the building. Rarity after rarity all top quality, dancefloor rammed, tremendous atmosphere, can't wait to get him back on the decks :yes:

Hope to see you there

Dave

Edited by SHSDave
  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can announce the guests for 2011, these dates are ALL Fridays :thumbsup:

18th FEBRUARY - ROB SMITH

15th APRIL - ALEX JONES

27th MAY - TED MASSEY

01st JULY - PHIL SHIELDS

12th AUGUST - MARIA & CARL WILLINGHAM

21st OCTOBER - ADEY CROASDELL

Also our Christmas party will be on 2nd DECEMBER, with MARC FORREST!!!.

See you there

Des

Edited by SOUL.INC
Guest CapitolSC

Looking forward to this one and guest DJ Rob, after missing the last one due to bad weather thumbsup.gif

Never heard of Alex or Phil for future SHS, what I expect is a great surprisehatsoff2.gif

See you soon. sxyes.gifwink.gifbeer.gif

Looking forward to this one and guest DJ Rob, after missing the last one due to bad weather thumbsup.gif

Never heard of Alex or Phil for future SHS, what I expect is a great surprisehatsoff2.gif

See you soon. sxyes.gifwink.gifbeer.gif

Looking forward to seeing you both in February :yes:

Great surprise ? Well no surprise to know that just the same as all the guests we have had at Solid Hit , Alex & Phil are quality DJs with tremendous records, that's why we've booked them. :thumbsup: Have we ever disappointed with our guests :D (I don't think so) You'll love 'em Sharnya trust me.

See you in Feb,,,,,,,,,,, :D:thumbsup::thumbup:beer.gif

Dave XX

Guest CapitolSC

Looking forward to seeing you both in February :D

Great surprise ? Well no surprise to know that just the same as all the guests we have had at Solid Hit , Alex & Phil are quality DJs with tremendous records, that's why we've booked them. :thumbsup: Have we ever disappointed with our guests :no: (I don't think so) You'll love 'em Sharnya trust me.

See you in Feb,,,,,,,,,,, yes.gif:thumbsup::thumbup:beer.gif

Dave XX

Me too :lol: Dave.

All the guests have been amazing :D and they all surprise us with brilliant tunes is what I meant :lol:

See you soon :yes::D SX

after missing the last 3 all for good legit reasons i might add, will definatly be at this one really looking forward to it, seems like ages since the last one for me.so if the good lords willing and the creek dont rise see you there. :thumbsup::)

after missing the last 3 all for good legit reasons i might add, will definatly be at this one really looking forward to it, seems like ages since the last one for me.so if the good lords willing and the creek dont rise see you there. :yes::ohmy:

It is ages Martin...must be 8 months if you've missed 3 nights !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You've missed some great nights mate, hopefully this year will carry on the standard of the last two @ The Shooting Star :lol:

See you 18th

Dave

It is ages Martin...must be 8 months if you've missed 3 nights !!!!!!!!!!!!! :g:

You've missed some great nights mate, hopefully this year will carry on the standard of the last two @ The Shooting Star :)

See you 18th

Dave

it has been a long time mate,so looking forward to this one :yes:

Guest Pete Bennett

Hi Dave, we will be there. can't wait.

Thanks for posting all the future dates, makes planning much easier. :yes:

Binty - are you coming? Meal first?

Pete

Guest BintofSoul

Hi Dave, we will be there. can't wait.

Thanks for posting all the future dates, makes planning much easier. :hatsoff2:

Binty - are you coming? Meal first?

Pete

Sadly I can't make it due to work commitments :thumbsup: . I've sorted my diary for May though, so count me in for the meal beforehand!

Have a great night Matey. See you in May, if not before.

Binty.

XXX

Guest CapitolSC

Always a crackin nite @the Solid Hit Soul Club

Quite a lot of us goin down

Be great to catch up with Sharnya and Stuart and rifle through Des salebox

See you there

Al H :thumbsup:

Shaping up to be another packer :lol: Always advisable to get to this one early, certainly no warm up spots just solid 60's Northern dancers from the off!!!

Des Parker

As Des says, Solid Northern from the start , no armchair snooze type sounds, smile.gif 5 hours of Semi knowns & underplayed dancers, a guaranteed night of quality 60s ! :D

Here's some directions from Liverpool Street station which is only a 3minute walk from Solid Hit & some hotels should you want to stay over. The Travel lodge at Liverpool Street & Aldgate are both recommended by our long distant travellers

DIRECTIONS

As you come out of the main entrance of Liverpool Street station onto Bishopgate, cross over & turn left past the Kentucky salmonella shop & the Police Station. 2nd turning on the right is Middlesex street with a pub on each corner, Dirty Dicks & Woodin's Shades. Turn down Midllesex Street & the Shooting Star is 50yards down on the right & we will be downstairs @ 8pm ......

For anybody driving there is street parking after 6.30pm right outside the pub....just don't nick the space where Mark parks with the equipment & Des lugs his piles of sales boxes from !

For anybody travelling & wanting to stay overnight please see hotel details below. We have good reports of the Travel Lodge at Liverpool Street which is only 3 minutes walk away & Aldgate which is just 10 minutes walk away although all the hotels mentioned are close by.

Travelodge Liverpool Street, 1 Harrow Place, London E1 7BD Tel. no. 0871 9846190 ( This is about a 3 minute walk/stagger away & is the best bet pricewise & for convenience :(

Travel Lodge 6-13 Chamber Street Aldgate East E1 8BL Check the Travel lodge website https://www.travelodge.co.uk for special deals & you may get something around £60

Club Quarters 7 Gracechurch Street, EC3V 0DR Standard room with breakfast £79

City Hotel 12 Osborn St E1 6TE Twin/Double £80/Triple room £105

Edited by SHSDave
Guest CapitolSC

Always a crackin nite @the Solid Hit Soul Club

Quite a lot of us goin down

Be great to catch up with Sharnya and Stuart and rifle through Des salebox

See you there

Al H :lol:

Can't wait Alan and not long to go, yipppeee wave.gifbeer.gifhypo.gif

Guest Pete Bennett

Dave and co. I am so sorry but there has been a cock up in my arrangements which has only just come to light. It is my birthday on Saturday and the future Mrs B. has arranged something special for the weekend. In doing so she hadn't realised SHS was on. Consequently we won't be able to do this one. sad.gif

Hope you can forgive her :D

Will be there next time.

Pete

It is my birthday on Saturday and the future Mrs B. has arranged something special for the weekend. In doing so she hadn't realised SHS was on. Consequently we won't be able to do this one. :(

Pete

Dave, it is also my birthday on Saturday and I'm sorry to say that I am fully able to attend. :) It's the leaving bit that seems to be the problem - Stubbsy / Martin / Jon D - point me in the general direction of the last Essex bound rattler please :D

beer.gif:D:thumbup:beer.gif

Taff

Dave and co. I am so sorry but there has been a cock up in my arrangements which has only just come to light. It is my birthday on Saturday and the future Mrs B. has arranged something special for the weekend. In doing so she hadn't realised SHS was on. Consequently we won't be able to do this one. sad.gif

Hope you can forgive her :D

Will be there next time.

Pete

:D Whats this, the future Mrs B making some romantic arrangements when Solid Hit's on, you need to have a word Pete laugh.gif

I hope in her Valentines card you attached the dates for the rest of the year :thumbup:

Have a good one mate see you soon

Dave

:ohmy: Raring to go for part 1 of a top quality weekend in London.

:yes: Hmmm, drive and no beer, or train and an early departure? Decisions, decisions. What time is Rob Smith on?

:thumbsup: - Kev.

Dave, with all the young crowd getting along to Solid Hit (and the 100 Club), can you please confirm that you're not gonna ban us oldies. If you're not I'll deffo be there to up the average age!

:thumbup: - Kev.

Dave, with all the young crowd getting along to Solid Hit (and the 100 Club), can you please confirm that you're not gonna ban us oldies. If you're not I'll deffo be there to up the average age!

:thumbsup: - Kev.

Only the top 500 oldies are banned Kev :ohmy: (maybe just the top 497 ? ) Not to worry mate a lot of our older regulars were missing in December because of the weather problems so the average age will be shooting up for this one !!!!!!

Rob Smith is on @ 11.15 - 12.15 Spoke to Rob a couple of days ago, he loved it last year when he was down & is really looking forward to friday.

Rob of course always does the final spot at the Lifeline Allniter, so that gives you an idea of the quality that Rob will bring on friday :thumbup:

Guest DaveSwift

Hi Dave

It's my birthday as well so i'll be there to celebrate and put a couple of years onto the avergae age..

Tara is coming along as well to make sure i find my way home.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

It's my birthday as well so i'll be there to celebrate and put a couple of years onto the avergae age..

Tara is coming along as well to make sure i find my way home.

Cheers

Dave

Please no birthday cakes friday , the number of candles involved is likely to set off the fire alarm sprinklers :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing all posters & lurkers & birthday boys & girls come friday, thanks as always for your tremendous support :thumbsup:

Please no birthday cakes friday , the number of candles involved is likely to set off the fire alarm sprinklers laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing all posters & lurkers & birthday boys & girls come friday, thanks as always for your tremendous support :lol:

:thumbsup: I'll be down for this one Dave with brummie Mick celebrating his birthday in tow....and to pick up that tune off Ged Parker. Gonna be a belting weekend for the South......can't wait.

Best Kev

Dave, it is also my birthday on Saturday and I'm sorry to say that I am fully able to attend. :D It's the leaving bit that seems to be the problem - Stubbsy / Martin / Jon D - point me in the general direction of the last Essex bound rattler please thumbsup.gif

:yes: :yes: :lol::yes:

Taff

Is this to be a general Taff mayhem on alcohol birthday or a Taff birthday of Morecambe-esque proportions :thumbsup:

Edited by SHSDave

hatsoff2.gif I'll be down for this one Dave with brummie Mick celebrating his birthday in tow....and to pick up that tune off Ged Parker. Gonna be a belting weekend for the South......can't wait.

Best Kev

Be good to see you down Kev & a double pleasure with Mick in tow ....saw him briefly a year or two back (who knows, time goes so quickly) & it was literally a " bloody hell Mick haven't seen you in years how you doing" before we rushed off to the loo or bar or both .......................

but at different times :thumbsup:

Certainly a weekend of soul in London :yes:

Not sure that Ged will be there or did you mean Des ?

Cheers

dave

Is this to be a general Taff mayhem on alcohol birthday or a Taff birthday of Morecambe-esque proportions :lol:

Dave, there ain't enough days left in February to allow for physical recovery from a re-run of the infamous Morecambe birthday extravaganza :no: (the unscheduled overnight visits from the phantom "Hotel Inspector" to your bedroom still makes me chuckle)

So it will be a restrained evening with a couple of sherries to toast my (ahem) 35th birthday :wave:

Then the beer monster kicks in and.................... waheeeeeeeeey :D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :( Soul parteeeeeee - sod the last train !

See ya later for what looks like being a cracking night.

Taff

Dave, there ain't enough days left in February to allow for physical recovery from a re-run of the infamous Morecambe birthday extravaganza :no: (the unscheduled overnight visits from the phantom "Hotel Inspector" to your bedroom still makes me chuckle)

So it will be a restrained evening with a couple of sherries to toast my (ahem) 35th birthday :wave:

Then the beer monster kicks in and.................... waheeeeeeeeey :lol: :lol: :(:no:beer.gifbeer.gif Soul parteeeeeee - sod the last train !

See ya later for what looks like being a cracking night.

Taff

Could of been worse with the hotel inspector mate as he was found crumpled in the ladies toilet at 9.30am :lol: could have been my floor.....infamous Morecambe extravaganza :lol: brilliant weekend . By all means toast your 35th ........I'm just surprised that you can remember all those years ago :lol:

Yes things are looking good for tonight :D

See you later everyone

Dave

Edited by SHSDave

Be good to see you down Kev & a double pleasure with Mick in tow ....saw him briefly a year or two back (who knows, time goes so quickly) & it was literally a " bloody hell Mick haven't seen you in years how you doing" before we rushed off to the loo or bar or both .......................

but at different times :thumbsup:

Certainly a weekend of soul in London :thumbup:

Not sure that Ged will be there or did you mean Des ?

Cheers

dave

Could have meant Deg! but I know I meant Des...been bit of a week. Mick's here now and raring to go.

See you after I've had my tea.

Best

Kev