Tonight-Monday 9-11Pm A Dab Of Soul On-Line Radio-Chris Anderton

• 2 weeks later...

yeah would love to hear an archived version of this. if someone has a recording they could mp3, they could upload to divshare or some other side for free.

Hi Boba, just go to post 163, click on the outside link underlined in the advert Thecat, then when you get onto the stations web, click on to Listen Again, then in the right hand column, Catagories, click on to Dab Of Soul,well worth a listen, some great stuff played

Kev

Social source share

Hi Boba, just go to post 163, click on the outside link underlined in the advert Thecat, then when you get onto the stations web, click on to Listen Again, then in the right hand column, Catagories, click on to Dab Of Soul,well worth a listen, some great stuff played

Kev

thanks! will check it out.

Social source share

excellent show, you have good taste brian. I even heard a couple things I didn't know -- Lori and Lance on federal and the soul generation on sticky. I bought a copy of the soul generation but the lori and lance is online for like $100. it's not actually worth that much is it? sounds more like a $50 or less record to me...

do you actually have the topics on noodle with the correct spelling ("topics")? the record is already rare as the "tropics" on noodle, but even rarer as the "topics". It's the same group as on carnival, chadwick, mercury, etc.

Social source share

I even heard a couple things I didn't know -- Lori and Lance on federal

Haven't had time to listen yet. Which side of the Lori & Lance was played?

I've seen it mentioned that Lori & Lance might be Victoria Williams and J.B. Ledbetter. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that? "I Don't Have To Worry" on the Federal 45 is written by Ledbetter and both the Federal 45 and the VW&JBL 45 on Verve are produced by Bobby Smith.

Social source share

Thanks for the comments Guys.

Flanny was on form on the night, great guy with great taste.

You can always listen to the show for a couple of weeks after by going to the site www.thisisthecat.com and click "listen again" and select the name of the show "A dab of soul" select the date you want to listen to, and there it is........

Boba ,the Lori and Lance has received a lot of spins over here, it is well worth $100 and actually used to sell for even more

The show is on every week, sometimes we have a guest and sometimes it is just me...and even though I say it myself we always play some interesting stuff!

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight and every Monday 'A dab of Soul' on line radio with Chris Anderton. The very best in 60s and 70s soul music. Listen on-line at www.thisisthecat.com, 9-11pm. Regular features; LP tracks, 3 from Motown, guilty pleasure, 2 from Philly....all good soulful stuff! Missed the show? Listen again on the playback feature. Email requests, what's on etc to studio@thisisthecat.com . Hope you can make it!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!