The 'modern Room', Long Eaton. 29-01-11

Guest MOLLY

Firstly many thanks to Kev Murray and Nige Keen for inviting me up to play for them, it was an absolute pleasure Guys :yes: . Numbers were a bit scarce on the night, but thats been the case at one point or another for most venues up and down the country for a while now.

But that didn't stop us having a great night of crossover and all thing Modern from the 70's right up to the current sounds of Y2K.

As always when I visit my knowledge of this vast genre of Soul music improves everytime, thanks to Nige, Andy Jackson and John Fisher for making this happen. My evergrowing wants book is now much larger than before. I heard some top top tunes that were new to me, and quality as well, roll on pay day :thumbsup: .

You know your enjoying yourself behind the decks when the time just flys by, and you can't fit everything in you want to play. There was so much I wanted to play but just couldn't.

Nice to chat to Simon Hunt again aswell, we covered all kinds things on the night and had a laugh.

Big big thanks also to my driver on the night for getting me there Paul 'Bumski' Redfern. A very good mate of mine and a funk boy at heart but very open minded and willing to learn about something new. Shame a few more on our scene can't or won't follow suit :hatsoff2: oops naughty Molly......

Keep at it guy's because what you have got there, is most definitely worth it.

Because Me and the 'open minded' Funk Boy will be back :thumbsup:

Best

Molly

Will post play list a bit later on.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2: Hi Molly realy enjoyed your spot and that Little Major Williams top tune thanks for coming along with the funk boy. Thanks as well to Andy Jackson even though he wasnt feeling to well Andy turned up to do a great spot at the modern room. Off now to sort out J Pooles boiler as he`es got no heating and is freezing cold :thumbsup:

Guest sharmo 1

thumbsup.gif Hi Molly realy enjoyed your spot and that Little Major Williams top tune thanks for coming along with the funk boy. Thanks as well to Andy Jackson even though he wasnt feeling to well Andy turned up to do a great spot at the modern room. Off now to sort out J Pooles boiler as he`es got no heating and is freezing cold wave.gif

hi there yet another great night of soul numbers were a tad low although I'm sure this will pull it'sself around at the next night thank's alot see you at the next one Sy.

Would like give a big thank you firstly to Andy Jackson,who all though really under the weather produced his normal high

qualitity spot,secondly Molly who travelled from Bedford and produced a brilliant hour of modern soul,delivered with real feeling.Would also like to thank all who attended most seemed to interested in different music played,well they were writing something down.Will post my playlist as follows much as can remember.

Sean Oliver - You And Me

Incrowd - Irie Blessing

Clarence Carter - Can i Make it With You

Long Distance Love Affair - Long Distance Love Affair

Kaleidoscope - I'm a Changed Person

Kentaro Takizawa feat Lisa Shaw - Can't Stop

Dajae - Fakes and Phonies

Mciver - Trying to be True

He3 Project - Make it Sweet

The Last Generation - Just a Chance in Life

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terell - Ain't no Mountain High Enough(Ben Human Remix)

Ernie Johnson - Big Man Cry

Satin - Give All Your Love To Me

Bongi and Nelson - Remember Malcolm

Happiness - Gotta Have Love

Lenard Lidell - Keep it Secret

Victoria Barnes - Never To Late

Gloria Scott- Thats The Way Love Is

SOS Band/Mario Biondi - The Finest

Think that's it but not in any order,So foward to 2011 part 2 on SAT MAY 14th with Mark Randle as guest.

Guest sharmo 1

Would like give a big thank you firstly to Andy Jackson,who all though really under the weather produced his normal high

qualitity spot,secondly Molly who travelled from Bedford and produced a brilliant hour of modern soul,delivered with real feeling.Would also like to thank all who attended most seemed to interested in different music played,well they were writing something down.Will post my playlist as follows much as can remember.

Sean Oliver - You And Me

Incrowd - Irie Blessing

Clarence Carter - Can i Make it With You

Long Distance Love Affair - Long Distance Love Affair

Kaleidoscope - I'm a Changed Person

Kentaro Takizawa feat Lisa Shaw - Can't Stop

Dajae - Fakes and Phonies

Mciver - Trying to be True

He3 Project - Make it Sweet

The Last Generation - Just a Chance in Life

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terell - Ain't no Mountain High Enough(Ben Human Remix)

Ernie Johnson - Big Man Cry

Satin - Give All Your Love To Me

Bongi and Nelson - Remember Malcolm

Happiness - Gotta Have Love

Lenard Lidell - Keep it Secret

Victoria Barnes - Never To Late

Gloria Scott- Thats The Way Love Is

SOS Band/Mario Biondi - The Finest

Think that's it but not in any order,So foward to 2011 part 2 on SAT MAY 14th with Mark Randle as guest.

Hey Kev you didn't play the midnight dog walkers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sy.

Ooops play list, Completely forgot rolleyes.gif

Better late than never, so here goes.

11pm til Midnight ish

Ed Summers - I can tell (Soya)

Lew Kirton - Heaven in the afternoon (Alston)

Anthony White - Hey Baby (P.I.R)

Barbara Lynn - Trying to love two (Ichiban)

T.U.M.E - Love shortage (MGM)

Lenny Williams - Look up with your mind (ABC)

Temprees - My baby love (We Produce)

Universal Love - It's you girl (Glades)

Little Major Williams - Girl (You're so sweet, You're so fine) (Williams iii)

Luther - Don't wanna be a fool (Cottilion)

Michael Wycoff - Looking up to you (RCA)

Marc Sadane - One minute from love (Warner Brothers 12")

L.A.X - All my love (Epic 12")

Shazz + Blaze - Innerside (Universal Soul Mix, Yellow 12")

Soul Brothers ft Joi Cardwell - Let it go (Deep Soul 12")

Corey Blake - How can I go on without you (Capitol)

The Ultimates - Girl, I've been trying to tell you (Br-roma)

Eula Cooper - Try (Tragar)

Sandra Wright - I come running back (Broadway)

Think that was the lot, and loved every minute of it :D

Once again, many thanks guy's.

Best

Molly