Birdtrap, Brierfield, Sat 5Th Feb

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dave, he is right its a very busy night and the organisers expect a full house as its the annivrsary, Shay is an original member of the club from the 6ts , as are a good number of those attending, we look forward to Shays visit, always hearing something new amongst the oldies. A cracking atmosphere, cant wait, Roman

Guest jseegee

Hi, interested to see that the Birdtrap at Brierfield is running again. Ilive in Halifax and went to my first nighters there in '67. Thought the place had burnt down years ago as i've passed many times over the years and taken a nostalgic glance from the car at a plot of spare ground where i thought it stood. Remember going in the Greyhound pub hiding in the tap room as i was only 15. As im 59 next month most of the originals must be 60+ Am i right? Went over with my school mate and his sister who was 2 or 3 years older than us. Seem to remember she knew a bloke called Colin Bartlett and some of his mates, does the name ring a bell? Good times and nice views of Pendle Hill as i walked up the road helped the come down!

Hello, yes there was a fire at the club but the building survived and became the Briar Ballroom, still the same stairs leading up to the as atmospheric club now as it was then, Colin still around , think he may have been at 1st one last year,still coming ROY STEWART, SHAY, DAVE WHITTAKER LES andVIV SCOTT, The Greyhound(STUMP) is now aDIY shop, but i can tell you Trap is a brilliant night, Roman

Guest jseegee

Thanks for the reply, i reckon a visit is definitely on the cards although cant make this Saturday. Is it a monthly venue? If you can give me some future dates i can make arrangements. Thanks for the info.

Source Advert