Diana Ross - Something on My Mind

Supremes - Life Beats

Thelma Houston - Nothing Left to Give

Jimmy Ruffin - I'll never let you get away

Originals - Good Lovin' Is Just a Dime Away

Dynamic Superiors - Don't Send Nobody Else

Compiled by Jo Wallace

Soul Satisfaction 5 is dedicated to the memories of Derek Allen and Lynn Davis

My thanks and undying gratitude to the following people for their time, patience, knowledge and Jaffa Cakes:

The Wallace Family, Alan Handscombe, Val Palmer, Diego the Smartest Groover, Paul 'Mein Host' Thomas-Peter, Roger 'Motown' Marson, Terry Jones, Maggie Agard, Andy Skurow, Tony Dunne, Iain Snodgrass, Daryl & Sharon, all Motown Board Members, Michael Bridgeman, D'arcy Marlborough, Mark Bicknell, Eddie Hubbard, Paul Nixon and John Lester, Rik @ Chatbusters, all on Soul Source and Soul Talk, Mick Fitzpatrick, John 'Soul' Smith, Martin Thomson, Andy Brazil, Len Romano and all the Motown devotees who supply me with a constant stream of suggestions for the Soul Satisfaction compilations - I couldn't do any of this without your support.........

[

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dearest Jo, not only is our love unrequited but now you put the super duper and unissued(?) Earl King onto Cd at long last which means I can play a decent copy rather than my doddgy acetate! AND, oh joy, I see you too are a Jaffa - lover of the cake rather than anything else. We will have to admit we were meant to be - just don't let Jane know!!! Great track listing babe, another quality effort (can I get a free one now?)

Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Neil, do you scrape the orangey bit off with your teeth first and then eat the sponge bit or do you dunk them in your coffee and then suck the coffee out of the sponge.........call me a pervert if you must thumbsup.gif Thanks darlink.........the Earl King is an RnB track of epic proportions and I have moved heaven and earth to get it included on this volume........wait 'til you hear SS6 next year - blimey, it's an RnB jamboree :lol: anyway, if you meet me round the back of the bike sheds, I might slip you a copy :unsure: Jo x

Dearest Jo, not only is our love unrequited but now you put the super duper and unissued(?) Earl King onto Cd at long last which means I can play a decent copy rather than my doddgy acetate! AND, oh joy, I see you too are a Jaffa - lover of the cake rather than anything else. We will have to admit we were meant to be - just don't let Jane know!!! Great track listing babe, another quality effort (can I get a free one now?)

Social source share

Jo top banana girlfriend 'It's Fantastic' i can't wait for the promo to 'Drop In The Bucket' i'll keep the guest seat warm in the Soul Shack so let's review it together soon, and shucks you mentioned my name in the credits.....what i do? oh yes Earl Van Dyke i forgot.....pleasure mate and this looks yummy good luck with the release...see you in Northampton....at the bar.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

PS to the Big O' I've had a super clean copy of Earl King for ages mate on CD...Jo's like the sister i never had mate....great track.

Social source share

Does this mean Mark I have to fight you for the right to have her behind the bike sheds???? That Earl King is worth the price of the CD alone - as for my technique, I prefer to scrape and then suck with a licking action :-) Oh, that's for you Jo, not you Mark (god I hope your not too excited and disappinted now mate!!!!!)

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

'Super clean copy of Earl King'.......yes, I took all the hip-hop bad language out before I sent it to you :lol: Could I have a comfy cushion on the studio chair this time thumbsup.gif and a pineapple in my dressing room :lol: Getting really excited - not long to go before this baby makes it's appearance. I'm being induced for early November :unsure: Nurse, the hot water and towels please..............

Jo top banana girlfriend 'It's Fantastic' i can't wait for the promo to 'Drop In The Bucket' i'll keep the guest seat warm in the Soul Shack so let's review it together soon, and shucks you mentioned my name in the credits.....what i do? oh yes Earl Van Dyke i forgot.....pleasure mate and this looks yummy good luck with the release...see you in Northampton....at the bar.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

PS to the Big O' I've had a super clean copy of Earl King for ages mate on CD...Jo's like the sister i never had mate....great track.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Hose me down..............all this licking and sucking is getting me flustered ph34r.gif I wonder what you'd do for an Amos Milburn track :unsure: Jo

Does this mean Mark I have to fight you for the right to have her behind the bike sheds???? That Earl King is worth the price of the CD alone - as for my technique, I prefer to scrape and then suck with a licking action :-) Oh, that's for you Jo, not you Mark (god I hope your not too excited and disappinted now mate!!!!!)

Social source share

Ask around babe, wouldn't need to hold you down, have the cuffs!!!!!!!! For an Amos track, well here's a pic of me in my younger days to get the juices flowing. I leave it to you to decide if it is worthy of an Amos or not!!! By the way, I have a load of suggestions for the unissued Motown for inclusion on future volumes, I'll mail you on it. Oh, and Jane says 'Back Off You Tart!!!!!' - I think she means Mark?

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Tell Jane I only go for skinheads with tattoos and super toned bodies thumbsup.gif oh - and under 35...... :lol: but the list would be good - can only be released stuff - B sides or album tracks. Paul Nixon is in charge of the unreleased stuff on his fabulous 'Cellarful of Motown' CDs. The Earl King, although unreleased on vinyl, was legitimately released on a 1996 US Motown CD so that's how I could include it on SS5.............I'd love some 'stompery' '65/'67 suggestions.......... :lol: Ta sweetie - now did you mention cuffs :unsure::yes: . Jo

Ask around babe, wouldn't need to hold you down, have the cuffs!!!!!!!! For an Amos track, well here's a pic of me in my younger days to get the juices flowing. I leave it to you to decide if it is worthy of an Amos or not!!! By the way, I have a load of suggestions for the unissued Motown for inclusion on future volumes, I'll mail you on it. Oh, and Jane says 'Back Off You Tart!!!!!' - I think she means Mark?

Social source share

Barrett Strong "You Knows What To Do" bloody hell Jo, i am now going to pull this fabulous track out and play it, for the first time in years (criminal)..if memory serves me correct, i believe it is on a gold "Anna" label

...not sure on this but wasn't "Anna" Berry Gordys sister ,,,hence label name?

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Hi Brett. It did come out on Anna as a B side to 'Yes, No, Maybe so' which was re-issued on Motown when BG 'inherited' the Anna label from his sister - and yes, it is a brilliant track :D Jo

Barrett Strong "You Knows What To Do" bloody hell Jo, i am now going to pull this fabulous track out and play it, for the first time in years (criminal)..if memory serves me correct, i believe it is on a gold "Anna" label

...not sure on this but wasn't "Anna" Berry Gordys sister ,,,hence label name?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!